The Men Who Built America

dayman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Democrats like American business and history just as much as the next Republican people. Enough of this nonsense seriously. The average democrat hates business as much as the average republican hates minorities or helping the poor....not very much. How this topic has to turn into bashing is nonsense.

You're the numbskull that put it over here. What did you expect?

Excellent series. Highly recommend to any American history buffs

The Edison/Tesla Current Wars always fascinated me. It's amazing everything that Tesla created or conceived that people just take for granted. An American Leonardo

Agreed, it's a really interesting piece of glossed over history that's gaining more and more attention.

IIRC, Tesla was posthumously awarded the patent for the radio

But like what Steve Jobs did and (adding spoiler tag in case somebody hasn't seen the series finale)

what Ford did with ALAM

, sometimes it takes one person to create something and another person to understand it's potential

You sound like my agent.

Democrats like American business and history just as much as the next Republican people. Enough of this nonsense seriously. The average democrat hates business as much as the average republican hates minorities or helping the poor....not very much. How this topic has to turn into bashing is nonsense.

I agree, but then question your thoughts somewhat. It is a known fact that republicans donate more to charity than democrats. Watcha think? Do republicans do it to gain some tactical advantage or out of the goodness of their hearts?

Like ww1 and two???

Boy, this is such a nice thread and the Conservatives have to use it to bash the good people, can't you angry guys leave politics out of anything?

I haven't been called a conservative in quite some time...

Sorry Ducky, I should've said "we liberals..."

If Edison, Ford, Vanderbilt lived today, they would not have been nearly as successful. The government would have sucked them dry with taxes and regulations. The unions would have demanded more and less for them to invest.

Not the best of examples. They'd still be bazillionaires.

BTW I just got off the phone with my company's CEO and he said our health insurance bill is going to be $750,000 next year. We have less than 200 employees. I asked him how ACA was going to affect the company and

BTW I just got off the phone with my company's CEO and he said our health insurance bill is going to be $750,000 next year. We have less than 200 employees. I asked him how ACA was going to affect the company and

To be continued.

You should start giving me a 10% cut of your income

Pretty sure I already give away close to 50% of my income sadly. Another 10 won't hurt. Land me Star Wars 8 and it's yours!

Single payer solves all.

Pretty sure I already give away close to 50% of my income sadly. Another 10 won't hurt.

Single payer solves all.

So you think through a single payer system that $750,000 annual premium is going to go away and healthcare will just magically appear for free??