The Men Who Built America

dayman

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think greed played a part in the decline of this country? That and not taking responsibility for there mistakes.

Don't forget insider trading that goes on. They threw martha stewert in jail for that.

Um, no they didn't.

Oh and BTW greed has played a major part in the building/growth of this country.

Um, no they didn't.

Oh and BTW greed has played a major part in the building/growth of this country.

Absolutely- it can be both a good or a bad thing. If things were black and white, our problems would be easy to fix. Unfortunately, things are a bit more complicated than that. I fear that I won't be alive to see prosperity again.

Not the best of examples. They'd still be bazillionaires.

BTW I just got off the phone with my company's CEO and he said our health insurance bill is going to be $750,000 next year. We have less than 200 employees. I asked him how ACA was going to affect the company and

Things are cut that close in a 2 billion dollar firm were coming up w/3,500 bucks an employee is going to be bad?

Heck... Right now my employer is picking up 14k for me (family too) a year... While I am picking up the other $7,800...

Numbers seem outta wack here for a firm w/under 200 employees...

Um, no they didn't.

Nothing wrong with greed. It's a personal choice and drives growth. What I can't stand is unchecked greed. Like the buying off of politicians, city officials or whatever. Crony capitalism I guess you would call it. Now its so out in the open and no one seems to care. And not just corporations. Special interest groups, unions and so on.

Nothing wrong with greed. It's a personal choice and drives growth. What I can't stand is unchecked greed. Like the buying off of politicians, city officials or whatever. Crony capitalism I guess you would call it. Now its so out in the open and no one seems to care. And not just corporations. Special interest groups, unions and so on.

The end of the series is basically them grouping together and buying McKinely, and putting Teddy as his VP so he is powerless. Then of course, some anarchist in Buffalo kills McKinely, Teddy takes over, and breaks up their trusts.

I could have sworn we've wasted thousands of pages trying to educate people that health insurance is not the same thing as healthcare. Apparently we need to devote another few thousand for the point to finally sink in.

The current government "single payer system" is a farce, because its costs are accounting gimmikry as the largest costs are borne by private payers, so the government plans just piggy back on that huge infrastructure. If you eliminate the private insurers and go to a single payyer system, you will not eliminate all the administrative costs of private insurers because the government single payer will then have to pick up those costs. And what in the world makes you think that a government run system is going to be more efficient than a private run system?

Has nothing to do with efficiency and everything to do with motive.

Yeah, because that's the same thing as what I'm saying.

You're saying that the government would be the best administrator because they would remove profit as the motivator and replace it with humanist altruism, thus leading to a better, cheaper care provider. That's a purely communist platitude.