The Men Who Built America

dayman

So you think through a single payer system that $750,000 annual premium is going to go away and healthcare will just magically appear for free??

No, I think without the private health insurance !@#$ing us over, that premium won't be close to 750k.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I think without the private health insurance !@#$ing us over, that premium won't be close to 750k.

So, government is going to run something better and less expensive than private industry? Did you spend your time-out dropping yourself on your head?

So, government is going to run something better and less expensive than private industry? Did you spend your time-out dropping yourself on your head?

Yes, I believe in this case government is the only one capable. The health insurance industry as an entirety is a needless industry. It's a leech that is bankrupting our citizens and, despite their massive profit margins and the jobs the industry provides, it's actually detrimental to the economy. Health Insurance as a whole performs absolutely zero function. They are not a service industry nor do they provide anything tangible. They exist entirely to make money by profiting off the death and disease of their clients.

Ask any congressman how much they like their government run single payor system. It's the best in the country.

Government does provide health insurance cheaper than the private sector that is a fact 3rd. At the same time the massive profit margins of insurance companies and their "evil nature" is a huge exaggeration tgreg. There are bad insurance companies out there but there are a lot of not-for-profit insurance companies that have a profit margin barely above 2%...MUCH lower than most industries.

Government does provide health insurance cheaper than the private sector that is a fact 3rd. At the same time the massive profit margins of insurance companies and their "evil nature" is a huge exaggeration tgreg. There are bad insurance companies out there but there are a lot of not-for-profit insurance companies that have a profit margin barely above 2%...MUCH lower than most industries.

Not every Health Insurance company is slime. Just the overwhelming majority of them -- particularly the ones priced for those with lesser means. And if you think it's an exaggeration you are one of the fortunate minorities in this situation.

Link?

Wonder when the follow up series called " The Men Who Destroyed America" be produced? Some of the more obvious ideas for episodes would be Woodrow Wilson, FDR , Lyndon Johnson and the very charismatic Barry Obama.

Wonder when the follow up series called " The Men Who Destroyed America" be produced? Some of the more obvious ideas for episodes would be Woodrow Wilson, FDR , Lyndon Johnson and the very charismatic Barry Obama.

There are others who would be more fitting- like the idiot from the Kansas church, John Wilkes Booth, Osama Bin Laden, etc.......,

Yes, I believe in this case government is the only one capable. The health insurance industry as an entirety is a needless industry. It's a leech that is bankrupting our citizens and, despite their massive profit margins and the jobs the industry provides, it's actually detrimental to the economy. Health Insurance as a whole performs absolutely zero function. They are not a service industry nor do they provide anything tangible. They exist entirely to make money by profiting off the death and disease of their clients.

Ask any congressman how much they like their government run single payor system. It's the best in the country.

I could have sworn we've wasted thousands of pages trying to educate people that health insurance is not the same thing as healthcare. Apparently we need to devote another few thousand for the point to finally sink in.

The current government "single payer system" is a farce, because its costs are accounting gimmikry as the largest costs are borne by private payers, so the government plans just piggy back on that huge infrastructure. If you eliminate the private insurers and go to a single payyer system, you will not eliminate all the administrative costs of private insurers because the government single payer will then have to pick up those costs. And what in the world makes you think that a government run system is going to be more efficient than a private run system?

There are others who would be more fitting- like the idiot from the Kansas church, John Wilkes Booth, Osama Bin Laden, etc.......,

Well, as despicable as those individuals are they hardly caused the decline of a nation. Like Japan in WW2 they did damage but nothing a country couldn't endure. I'm thinking more of people that helped along a cancer that caused a slow, rotting death from the inside out

Well, as despicable as those individuals are they hardly caused the decline of a nation. Like Japan in WW2 they did damage but nothing a country couldn't endure. I'm thinking more of people that helped along a cancer that caused a slow, rotting death from the inside out

So you mean like the democrats and republicans that run campaigns- the ones who make up the rhetoric. And the people in the White House, Congress and Supreme Court, who take money from special interests.

Do you think greed played a part in the decline of this country? That and not taking responsibility for there mistakes.

So you mean like the democrats and republicans that run campaigns- the ones who make up the rhetoric. And the people in the White House, Congress and Supreme Court, who take money from special interests.

Don't forget insider trading that goes on. They threw martha stewert in jail for that. That was for only fifty thousand dollars. These crooked politicians walk away with millions.

Do you think greed played a part in the decline of this country? That and not taking responsibility for there mistakes.

Don't forget insider trading that goes on. They threw martha stewert in jail for that. That was for only fifty thousand dollars. These crooked politicians walk away with millions.

Not only do they walk away with millions- they take money to NOT do the job they got elected or appointed for. The special interests own our government.

Edited by Adam

Please explain on people not taking responsibility for there mistakes? Where mistakes?

I'm guessing you've missed the convictions and millions in fines in insider trading cases over the last two years?

I could have sworn we've wasted thousands of pages trying to educate people that health insurance is not the same thing as healthcare. Apparently we need to devote another few thousand for the point to finally sink in.

The current government "single payer system" is a farce, because its costs are accounting gimmikry as the largest costs are borne by private payers, so the government plans just piggy back on that huge infrastructure. If you eliminate the private insurers and go to a single payyer system, you will not eliminate all the administrative costs of private insurers because the government single payer will then have to pick up those costs. And what in the world makes you think that a government run system is going to be more efficient than a private run system?

I'm guessing he's thinking of the same world in which monopolies have the best consumer interests in mind, and competition increases rather than decreases prices. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I'm guessing he's thinking of the same world in which monopolies have the best consumer interests in mind, and competition increases rather than decreases prices.

Yes, and the light blues are better than the greens and dark blues.