I've been gone awhile ...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair is giving a warning first, when someone has no prior history. And then having the balls to be a man and allow a message to be sent to you.

If your posting privileges were taken away you can't post, send PMs etc. Quit your (all of you) bitchy whining, buncha !@#$ing women posting over here; no wonder I never visit.

Geez all the fun has been taken away.

Killjoys.

Well, I've received multiple requests to moderate this forum. Not me personally, but the moderators have been asked repeadedly to moderate PPP.

So, you (the collective you) tell us, is that what you want??? You can't have it both ways, either we moderate this forum or we don't. Personally I don't have the time or desire to, but I will if that's what the users want. But...I won't distinguish between one forum and another. Either we/I moderate this forum or we/I don't.

So, exercise your rghts and vote; it is November after all. Apologies to tgreg for hijacking his thread.

(If you decide that you want moderation here the first step will be to lock all existing threads so that you start from scratch)

Well, I've received multiple requests to moderate this forum. Not me personally, but the moderators have been asked repeadedly to moderate PPP.

So, you (the collective you) tell us, is that what you want??? You can't have it both ways, either we moderate this forum or we don't. Personally I don't have the time or desire to, but I will if that's what the users want. But...I won't distinguish between one forum and another. Either we/I moderate this forum or we/I don't.

So, exercise your rghts and vote; it is November after all. Apologies to tgreg for hijacking his thread.

(If you decide that you want moderation here the first step will be to lock all existing threads so that you start from scratch)

Go away.:)

Moderators walking into this forum is like a sherrif walking into an old western town. It aint gonna end pretty for the Sherrif.

Who complained? Who else? A lib who came here to start a fight, most likely then accused someone of racism, got destroyed for using that bull **** tactic, then pulled the typical lib-Alinsky move of curling up in the fetal position and crying "victim!!!!!!!!"

Edited by RkFast

Moderators walking into this forum is like a sherrif walking into an old western town. It aint gonna end pretty for the Sherrif.

Who complained? Who else? A lib who came here to start a fight, most likely then accused someone of racism, got destroyed for using that bull **** tactic, then pulled the typical lib-Alinsky move of curling up in the fetal position and crying "victim!!!!!!!!"

Oh, then you must mean Westside.

I favor the laissez faire approach to almost all things. Especially PPP.

Adding moderation to PPP would kill this side of the board. Half the people on this site can barely discuss football without embarrassing themselves and their families. I'm sure the guy clamoring to bring in Donovan McNabb or the guy who thinks we should trade McKelvin, Choice, Kelsay, Moats and George Wilson to the Broncos for Peyton Manning are well versed in the inner workings of our judicial and financial systems.

Seriously, why would this place need a moderator? Personal attacks, except for the occasional "youre an idiot" are few and far between, usually reserved for those who say something truly dumb or like I said, make a BS accusation of racism or something. For most political forums, its fairly calm and respectful.

There were a few others, too.

Yes, but Westside just seems to be the latest reincarnation of pBills. He's been complaining that people are ganging up on him. Can you believe it, people here actually picking on a dumbass who won't support his talking points and claims everyone else is a racist?

Help me understand why, maybe with a couple newly minted moderators, that PPP couldn't be treated like officiating the post season, all year? There's still penalties, but lots of latitude, with more enforcement than currently exists. Warning points or messages have to be a part of that. A lot of good posters have no interest in being ripped apart because their viewpoint doesn't jive with the regulars, and thereby some good discussions never happen. Some vitriol is expected, but it doesn't have to be personal attacks with no moderation or respect.

I doubt very seriously that you have this correct. It is very easy to end posting privileges.

No. I meant, just leave this place as is.

OK, one positive vote for moderation.

Help me understand why, maybe with a couple newly minted moderators, that PPP couldn't be treated like officiating the post season, all year? There's still penalties, but lots of latitude, with more enforcement than currently exists. Warning points or messages have to be a part of that. A lot of good posters have no interest in being ripped apart because their viewpoint doesn't jive with the regulars, and thereby some good discussions never happen. Some vitriol is expected, but it doesn't have to be personal attacks with no moderation or respect.

IF someone stepped forward to moderate PPP then you could have different rules here. If I moderate PPP I will handle it like the rest of the board.