Roll Call: Jealous of the Colts for having Andrew Luck

Boludo

Dalton looks pretty good - I would MUCH rather have him that Fitz. I mean, by a WIDE WIDE margin.

Everyone knows that young QBs don't always work out - but also sometimes they DO work out!

All I want is a reason to have some hope and enthusiasm again.

I wouldn't. Funny you bring that up, me and my brother were having this exact same conversation this past weekend. Who's a better QB today? Probably Andy Dalton, but by a pretty slim margin. But I'd rather have the excitement that we very may well draft a real blue-chipper next year in the top ten picks than let the next 5-6 years play out before realizing that Andy Dalton is really just a slightly above average QB, which I believe he will be. Just my opinion. In fact, I believe Andy Dalton to be the classic example of drafting a QB for the sake of drafting a QB that has been alluded to on this thread. I don't want a 2nd rounder. I want a Matt Barkley or a Geno Smith, period (and please don't critique those two specific guys, I'm talking about top ten talent by the time next April hits and who is considered a top ten pick by that point may change).

This---^

Just like Juron ruined Trent

Just like Juron and Mularkey ruined JP

Just like Wade ruined RJ and then couldn't get it right with him and the Midget.

You're smarter than this man. The Colts have some chunky backup coach to a first year coach. The point of this thread is that Andrew Luck is freaking sick, which he is. Please don't compare him to Trent Edwards, EVER AGAIN. He would be successful this season as a rookie on every NFL team and in fact, he'd probably be even better on the Bills because we have an excellent offensive line, so don't give me that.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't. Funny you bring that up, me and my brother were having this exact same conversation this past weekend. Who's a better QB today? Probably Andy Dalton, but by a pretty slim margin. But I'd rather have the excitement that we very may well draft a real blue-chipper next year in the top ten picks than let the next 5-6 years play out before realizing that Andy Dalton is really just a slightly above average QB, which I believe he will be. Just my opinion. In fact, I believe Andy Dalton to be the classic example of drafting a QB for the sake of drafting a QB that has been alluded to on this thread. I don't want a 2nd rounder. I want a Matt Barkley or a Geno Smith, period (and please don't critique those two specific guys, I'm talking about top ten talent by the time next April hits and who is considered a top ten pick by that point may change).

You're smarter than this man. The Colts have some chunky backup coach to a first year coach. The point of this thread is that Andrew Luck is freaking sick, which he is. Please don't compare him to Trent Edwards, EVER AGAIN. He would be successful this season as a rookie on every NFL team and in fact, he'd probably be even better on the Bills because we have an excellent offensive line, so don't give me that.

All I'm saying is that I have no faith at all in our coaching staff. I haven't since Wade was starting out. Sure I've always given these guys the benefit of the doubt but they ALL show that they will only disappoint after about 1 and a half seasons. Chan can't manage the game. It shows every week. I have no belief he'd be able to manage any rookie QB.

You can jealous of the Colts all you want but our coaching staff would have ruined him.

This makes no sense. Chan Gailey made Fitz a lot of money. He has his faults, but Gailey is a very good offensive coordinator. And there's a big difference between a borderline late round 1st pick from a small school (Losman) and a 3rd round draft pick (Edwards) than the #1 overall pick and best QB prospect in 10+ years. Big difference. Luck is making Indy's coaches look better than they are.

Yes Luck is awesome. So is Gabbert. Oh wait. No, he isn't. Remember the hype on him? How many folks wanted him here? Or how about Justin Blackmon? He's lighting up the NFL, ain't he? Another can't-miss blue chipper. <_<

For every Luck, there are 2-3 Gabberts, Losmans, and Blackmons. The draft is a gamble in any round.

PTR

This is true. But we seem to loose the "gamble" more than most teams like the Steelers.

All I'm saying is that I have no faith at all in our coaching staff. I haven't since Wade was starting out. Sure I've always given these guys the benefit of the doubt but they ALL show that they will only disappoint after about 1 and a half seasons. Chan can't manage the game. It shows every week. I have no belief he'd be able to manage any rookie QB.

OK but come on, the Bills offense is middle of the road if not a little bit above average with Donald Jones as our second receiver. We are where we are because of our defense. Please don't insinuate that Andrew Luck would be unsuccessful in a Bills uniform in 2012. And not to beat a dead horse but the Trent Edwards thing wouldn't have worked on any team in any era, ever. I don't know that Trent Edwards in his prime wins that Super Bowl that Trent Dilfer won for the Ravens.

OK but come on, the Bills offense is middle of the road if not a little bit above average with Donald Jones as our second receiver. We are where we are because of our defense. Please don't insinuate that Andrew Luck would be unsuccessful in a Bills uniform in 2012. And not to beat a dead horse but the Trent Edwards thing wouldn't have worked on any team in any era, ever. I don't know that Trent Edwards in his prime wins that Super Bowl that Trent Dilfer won for the Ravens.

Ok. I have no problem admitting that I was wrong about Cinco. The fact is when he was on and not all concussion ridden he was a QB that everyone seemed to believe in though. But what you say might be true. It might also be true that Dicky J was possibly the worst coach we ever had (unfortunately Chan may be taking those reins).

But, you pointed out that our problem is the defense. And your right, so by saying that fact is no different than saying that we'd still have a 3-6 record with another QB because our defense is atrocious and that is a fact.

I will agree that Chan has gotten a lot out of Fitz, however, in the same breath I will quickly state that Fitz has regressed under Chan.

He started out with a few good comeback games in his first half a season as the starter, then started off strong with 5 quick wins last year to lose what was it? 8 of 9? Then he starts out like he has this year? He's hardly getting better. The coach is the constant in these 4-6 win seasons. Dare I say that with a better coach even Fitz would be better. Hell, if they Chan would just run the damn ball when he's supposed to, to close out games we'd have a much better record. Off the tip of my head in the last few years here's a list if just a few games we'd have win with more running:

Bengals last year

Titans last year

Titans this year

Pats this year

Pats last year

Giants last year

2nd Jets game last year

Phins last year

Of course not all would have been wins but it was much believed at the time that with some more running and killing the clock we should have had a few more Ws in there. And of course there's a few more games as these are just off the top of my head. These are games that we either had the lead in it were close enough that we just needed 1 more score only to abandon the run game and clock management.

At the end of the day, Chan might be a good Coordinator, but he is a horrible decision maker and manager when the game is on the line. I won't be happy until he's gone, just like how unfelt about Juron in his last season.

Of course if they win this week, they are still in it and have a ton of momentum going forward. That's fine. They CAN win. We all know that. Unfortunately it might allow Chan to keep his job and us a better draft pick.

dalton is on pace to throw for over 4000 yards and 28 TDs with a 64% completion percentage

he's got a great chemistry with aj green and is making guys like hawkins look decent out there

i'd take luck over dalton obviously but dalton has shown progress from year 1 to year 2 and is by no means a bust at this point

I need to leave this site until this conversation disappears.. its too tough to deal with. The year we started 0-8 or so, and EVERYONE thought Luck was coming out... I really can't continue this. haha

Oh well

Whats really going to rack your brain is did Luck decide not to come out when he saw us going 0-8

Yes Luck is awesome. So is Gabbert. Oh wait. No, he isn't. Remember the hype on him? How many folks wanted him here? Or how about Justin Blackmon? He's lighting up the NFL, ain't he? Another can't-miss blue chipper. <_<

For every Luck, there are 2-3 Gabberts, Losmans, and Blackmons. The draft is a gamble in any round.

PTR

I don't remember anybody saying they wanted Gabbert on this board. If you follow college football I think it was pretty easy to make the opinion that Gabbert was going to royally suck in the NFL(look at his stats the last year he was @ Missouri). Hell, I remember even some of the Mizzou fans on this board said he was going to suck. He picked a great year to come out in the draft.

Funny story and its not one of those a friend of a friend of a friend of a friends sister type deals.... A good friend of mine is the bartender at the 901 ( referred to as the 9 -oh) bar in LA, its THE Usc bar and he wears his stevie J jersey every Sunday.. Barkley walks up and says, the bills are my new favorite team, I root for them every sunday, my buddy.. not missing a beat goes, do you just root for them so they can't draft you, Barkley chuckles and doesn't answer.

Funny story and its not one of those a friend of a friend of a friend of a friends sister type deals.... A good friend of mine is the bartender at the 901 ( referred to as the 9 -oh) bar in LA, its THE Usc bar and he wears his stevie J jersey every Sunday.. Barkley walks up and says, the bills are my new favorite team, I root for them every sunday, my buddy.. not missing a beat goes, do you just root for them so they can't draft you, Barkley chuckles and doesn't answer.

LOL. Comical. I know these guys are just players and most will be happy just to get drafted but for a big name like Barkley, one has to think if he would hate his life if he were to be drafted by the Bills. On another note, I wonder if he really means it and would actually want to be a Bill.

Even thought I'm not sold on ANY USC QB.

The Bills are idiots ( so are many other teams, to be fair). Everyone had a chance to get Luck and we'd be set for the next 15 years. Instead we decided to go 6-10 instead. Idiots.

It will feel worse when they finish 7-9 this year and are picking 17th, ideal spot for a top safety.

Yea, funny how now Indy is being touted as a possible playoff team ONE year into a rebuild. As opposed to Nix recanting and saying he didn't promise playoffs 3 years into HIS rebuild. Can't wait to here ralph this January blow more kisses of support for his FO. And, saying the team needed so many players that 3 years wasn't enough time.