New Member....here's the Fix needed in Buffalo IMO

HeatsPix

Thoughts on David Gerrard??

This has to be a joke that you're even seriously asking this.

what about mike Vick if there is a over haul in Philadelphia? he is really good when given time. His Oline suckkks

I will never understand the man-love for this ridiculously UN-talented QB. Someone please explain what you see, is it is sub-par QB rating that seems irresistible, or is it his inability to see a play develop, or maybe it's his lack of accuracy that everyone just falls in love with? Someone help me here...

Matt Moore is better than Fitzy. He throws a nice deep ball. He isn't going to win a Super Bowl for you but he can throw more than 15 yards which is a start. Moore was great against Buffalo last year in December for Miami. Personally, I say give up what you need to get one of the top guys. Buddy will have to go against type and trade up.

Welcome to you.

I strongly disagee with getting a QB in any way other than the draft. QBs that become available are Fitzpatriklike and I don't want any more of that. Pick your guy, go get him if you have to and be on your way.

Agreed. You gotta draft one in the First Round even if you have to sell the ship you do it. It's the only way the franchise turns around.

Edited by mattsox

The team seems like they have no chemistry. They play without passion and drive, and they often look lost on both sides of the ball. We need not only coachs, but players who believe that they are the best team on the field, and that they can beat everyone. I dont think weve had a coach like that since Levy.

As for players, when you lose every year I could care less who stays or goes. I think FJ is past his prime sure, but if spiller goes down we need SOMEONE back there, and the guys been good to us in the past.

Fitz is gone after this year, and i think his struggles are coming a lot out of not having Nelson in the slot. He was clutch in the red zone, and while being younger than most guys on the team, was developing into a leader on offense.

My fix is the same as most, but the key is leaders, and people who will hold themselves and everyone else on the field accountable. A defensive "QB" is needed as much as a real franched QB.

Agree. Its time to put all our chips on the table and finally get our franchise guy. If that means we mortgage our picks in this years draft, so be it. I like Fitz alot, but I want a QB that can takeover and dominate games.

Exactly. Been saying this since week one when Fitz looked like Fitz, and The rookies came out looking pretty good.

Look at any good NFL team and they have a good qb. Fitz is average/below average thus the Bills are too.

And as far as the OP point about the 'temptation' to take away touches from CJ, that is called bad coaching. Chan should be able to figure it out. I was watching a show about Kentucky Basketball for a second last night. In it the head coach John Calipari was dealing with how to get two centers on the floor at the same time, because they are both great players. His qoute was "i do not want to tell one of them ' sorry i can't figure out how to get you both on the floor at the same time, so one of you has to sit" . Now that is the sign of a good coach. Chan has struggled for th epast two years trying to figure out how to use them both on the field at the same time.

It would be nice if:

1) a new DC that is aggressive & innovative and that has the ability to make adjustments during a game.

2) Geno Smith & a veteran FA QB (Vick wouldn't be a bad option as long as we draft a top notch rookie QB)

3) Get Bowe to go along with Stevie

4) then draft more LBs

I think this would pretty much do it for turning this team around. The biggest issue is replacing Wanny since he will never get us a winning record in our own division.

I wouldn't say the current class of rookie QBs needed 2 - 3 years.

I'd say the trend has been beginners luck, Cam Newton was a world beater last year where is he now? Jake Locker? Dalton did pretty well this year but took a step back. Did any of them actually make the playoffs? No. So, the OP is saying that in order to make the playoffs we need to get a QB but acknowledging that we will likely not make it for a few years with a rookie QB.

Tannehill, Luck, and RGIII have had some success this year but they have had their downs too. It takes a few years to really get it down. Who knows how they do from here.

I'd say the trend has been beginners luck, Cam Newton was a world beater last year where is he now? Jake Locker? Dalton did pretty well this year but took a step back. Did any of them actually make the playoffs? No. So, the OP is saying that in order to make the playoffs we need to get a QB but acknowledging that we will likely not make it for a few years with a rookie QB.

Tannehill, Luck, and RGIII have had some success this year but they have had their downs too. It takes a few years to really get it down. Who knows how they do from here.

Dalton's Bengals made the playoffs last year.

It comes down to the situation that young QB inherits and how he's supported. Good teams take QB's and put talent around him or already have some. In Tannehill's case, he went into an offense similar to what was run in college.

Fact is, 1st and 2nd year QB's can and do make the playoffs. You then hope they build from that and improve. Few NFL rookies at any position have their best season that first year.

The issue isn't Jackson vs Spiller, it's the play calling and strategy. It's obvious they are trying to go Jackson one series and Spiller another. That's all fine, but on that 3rd and short where Spiller got stuffed, I couldn't believe they wouldn't bring in Jackson. He's the much better short yardage guy. But because it was Spillers turn we don't adjust and make the correct strategic call. Second they sprinkle in letting them both be on the field, but they need to do this the majority of the time. Put them both in the backfield, let Spiller break out in motion etc. Lastly when we are near the 20 or inside going to the wildcat just seems to slow any momentum that is building. It rarely results in significant yardage and puts us in 3rd down situations way too often.

i just wanna thank all the ole timers (like me) for welcoming the new guy. he's got the spark he referenced himself. maybe the fans need that spark as much as the team. (soon we all may need CPR). but to recognize that in him, and offer admission into our long-suffering fanbase is pretty impressive; if serves to reinforce my pride in remaining a bills fan. the team may at times rather suck. but you guyz always "rock". (ok, i use that word a lot lol but i really mean it)

~AS