8-8 record next year at best

Thats my prediction if Losman is the starter off the bat. The kid is extremely raw still. I know he needs game experience, but if we throw him in the driver seat next year, dont plan on playoffs.

Since I'm at work I dont have time to elaborate more on why I feel this way, so I'll finish this post later. Discuss amongst yourselves til then

Thats my prediction if Losman is the starter off the bat.  The kid is extremely raw still.  I know he needs game experience, but if we throw him in the driver seat next year, dont plan on playoffs.

Since I'm at work I dont have time to elaborate more on why I feel this way, so I'll finish this post later.  Discuss amongst yourselves til then

191065[/snapback]

Like we'll make the playoffs with Drew?

Maybe if we play the Clevelands, SFs and Miamis of the league all season next year. :)

I've been saying it for years.... Drew may suck, sure. But so will JP or anyone else you put back there behind this line. We can talk sh-- all we want about how great the line improved this season. But the fact of the matter is that when the season was on the line and we were playing a quality opponent - we got pushed around like catholic school girls at a frat party.

If wee don't upgrade our line - offensive and defensive - we'll never compete with the bid boys. Period.

I agree the line play improved but it was no where near great. And believe me, I'm not using this as an excuse to get rid of Drew. I'm all for trying JP. However, both sides of the line still get man handled when the game is on the line against a first rate oppenent. If we don't bring in some top talent on the line, I just don't think we'll ever take that next step. We may make the playoffs (heck we were almost did this year), but would we have beaten NE or Pitt this year? No way.

Dude, you are preaching to the choir. JP won't be ready next year and there are soooooooooo many "Anyone But Drew" people out there that don't want to hear that.

1. I'm not a Drew Bledsoe fan, but we will most likey make the playoffs next year with Drew. Not because of Drew, but because our team is just too damn good not too.

2. If JP is at the helm, expect nothing better than 9-7. I believe in building for the future, but not when you have to sacrafic a great chance which is precisely what Buffalo has next year.

This Bills can go deep next year, but to make that next step they need a short-term replacement at QB. If they can't find out, you gotta stick with Drew.

Thats my prediction if Losman is the starter off the bat.  The kid is extremely raw still.  I know he needs game experience, but if we throw him in the driver seat next year, dont plan on playoffs.

Since I'm at work I dont have time to elaborate more on why I feel this way, so I'll finish this post later.  Discuss amongst yourselves til then

191065[/snapback]

Post of the day. You are absolutely 100% correct.

OK.....could somebody PLEASE explain to me what Drew Bledsoe brings to this team that would be SOOOOOO important that without it we have no chance of a better record?

- Quick thinking....WHAT? do we even need to go down that road

- Veteran Leadership? Do you think the defense (that pretty much carried us all season feels that way? How elated do you think they were when Drew went into "facilitator" mode.....how unhappy do you think they were when even in that mode he still made mistakes against good teams?

- Mobility or pocket awareness? Wont go down that road either

Please tell me what evil JP Losman would bring to this team that would be its absolute downfall.....

I am not so blind as to see that the scheme of the team would have to change.....the line would need serious upgrading for RUN BLOCKING....Magehee would have to be the focus.....but damn...THIS IS WHAT WE ARE DOING NOW

We have been down that path....we know where it goes

OK.....could somebody PLEASE explain to me what Drew Bledsoe brings to this team that would be SOOOOOO important that without it we have no chance of a better record?

He's tall. Not tall enough to win consistantly, nor read the blitz or field with accuracy, but height is sexy in a QB.

- Quick thinking....WHAT?  do we even need to go down that road

Probably not. Kind of like asking you to tell your pool story again. :)

- Veteran Leadership?  Do you think the defense (that pretty much carried us all season feels that way?  How elated do you think they were when Drew went into "facilitator" mode.....how unhappy do you think they were when even in that mode he still made mistakes against good teams?

The defense should feel bad - about their own performance. That 9 minute drive against some scrubs with the season on the line was VERY embarrassing.

- Mobility or pocket awareness?  Wont go down that road either

I don't think it matters if you don't have both.

Please tell me what evil JP Losman would bring to this team that would be its absolute downfall.....

Immature. Inexperienced. We'd be better off with "noodle armed" Matthews at this point.

I am not so blind as to see that the scheme of the team would have to change.....the line would need serious upgrading for RUN BLOCKING....Magehee would have to be the focus.....but damn...THIS IS WHAT WE ARE DOING NOW

We have been down that path....we know where it goes

191220[/snapback]

We'd probably have won yesterday if WM had more than 18 carries. Call me crazy but the game plan was the polar opposite of what it should have been. Then people here would be happy - until the Colts lit up our pass defense because we still can't rush the passer without some kind of exotic blitz scheme.

Right now (or this past season), when Drew is playing well, the offense reaches the level of mediocrity. The QB is the primary (it could be argued how much) component of the O. When Drew plays poorly, we suck. (This could be a chicken vs. egg thing).

I would certainly hope that a 1st round QB like Losman has the talent to elevate the offensive production beyond the level of mediocrity. If not, then we made a mistake in drafting him at such a price.

Dude, you are preaching to the choir. JP won't be ready next year and there are soooooooooo many "Anyone But Drew" people out there that don't want to hear that.

1. I'm not a Drew Bledsoe fan, but we will most likey make the playoffs next year with Drew. Not because of Drew, but because our team is just too damn good not too.

2. If JP is at the helm, expect nothing better than 9-7. I believe in building for the future, but not when you have to sacrafic a great chance which is precisely what Buffalo has next year.

This Bills can go deep next year, but to make that next step they need a short-term replacement at QB. If they can't find out, you gotta stick with Drew.

191146[/snapback]

WHAT? Are you serious? Drew Bledsoe has been here for 3 years now and they haven't made the playoffs with him at the helm. In 2002, they gave him all sorts of offensive weapons...and he still crumbled in the end. In 2003 they tried giving him a rock solid defense...and this offense BROKE records for inept play. This year they gave him solid offensive weapons....one of the best O-Line coaches in the NFL who improved the line greatly....and QB COACH to hold his hand when things went wrong.....a very good running game...a great defense and great special teams and still no playoffs.

3 STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT! How ANYONE can honestly say that this team will make the playoffs with Drew Bledsoe at Qb because they are " Too good not to" ..they day AFTER they lost to a 3rd string NFL Europe quality Steelers JV team at HOME with EVERYTHING on the line...in a game where Bledsoe absolutely stunk the joint out....just BAFFLES me.

WHAT?  Are you serious?  Drew Bledsoe has been here for 3 years now and they haven't made the playoffs with him at the helm. In 2002, they gave him all sorts of offensive weapons...and he still crumbled in the end. In 2003 they tried giving him a rock solid defense...and this offense BROKE records for inept play.  This year they gave him solid offensive weapons....one of the best O-Line coaches in the NFL who improved the line greatly....and QB COACH to hold his hand when things went wrong.....a very good running game...a great defense and great special teams and still no playoffs. 

3 STRIKES AND YOU'RE OUT!  How ANYONE can honestly say that this team will make the playoffs with Drew Bledsoe at Qb because they are " Too good not to" ..they day AFTER they lost to a 3rd string NFL Europe quality Steelers JV team at HOME with EVERYTHING on the line...in a game where Bledsoe absolutely stunk the joint out....just BAFFLES me.

191255[/snapback]

Or, you could look at it as Bledsoe has only had one losing record since being here.

See, I can spin things just as well as everyone else here.

CW

I think we can do better than 8-8 with JP. If we have the same defense, why not?

I like Drew, look at the avatar, but I have made my decision that he cannot win the big game PERIOD. Watching him take that hit when the guy was running straight at him opened my eyes. We have to start JP, if not next year by the time he is ready, we won't have a defense, and then the offense will score but the defense won't stop anyone................

You get the idea.

If our coaching staff is as smart as they looked for the past 6 weeks, they could design an offense that asks very little of Losman and we'd survive. We have to do the same thing to compensate for Bledsoe's presence so I don't see the difference.

23-25 record in 3 years with Bledsoe.

I smell playoffs next year.  :lol:

Actually, could you imagine how pitiful this team would be with a mediocre defense and starting running backs not named Travis Henry or Willis McGahee?

:lol:

191429[/snapback]

You're right, if you replace over half the team with worse players, they'd be bad. :P

CW

You're right, if you replace over half the team with worse players, they'd be bad. :P

CW

191461[/snapback]

With no quarterback to bail them out. Instead the rest of the team has to bail out the quarterback. I guess I was the only one cringing every time Captain Statuesque Mannequin dropped back to pass.

That's ok.....Drew really "earned" all 7 of those passing yards in the first half, LOL.

:lol:

There are more than two QB's in the NFL. If the choice is between SUCK and SUCK...I choose NOT TO SUCK.

PTR

I've been saying it for years.... Drew may suck, sure.  But so will JP or anyone else you put back there behind this line.  We can talk sh-- all we want about how great the line improved this season.  But the fact of the matter is that when the season was on the line and we were playing a quality opponent  - we got pushed around like catholic school girls at a frat party. 

If wee don't upgrade our line - offensive and defensive - we'll never compete with the bid boys.  Period.

191080[/snapback]

191065[/snapback]

Let's see....we have to get through free agency, the draft, 100 mini camps & training camp, but you are already making predictions? :P