Is Wannstedt's job safe?

http://www.buffaloru...ogin=1351883403

"He's got a year or more (left)," Nix said Friday afternoon, per The Buffalo News."

"I know you fans have been through 12 years, or whatever it is, and you're frustrated about it," Nix said. "The big thing is you don't want to start over. If you start over, you're going to get 12 more, and that's not where we're headed."

Boss Hogg [Nix] stated that Cooter’s [Gailey] job is safe, but does that mean Wannstedt’s job is safe as well, given Cooter and Wannstedt are close friends? After this year’s abysmal performance on defense, I can’t imagine Wannstedt remaining as the Bills defensive coordinator.

Buddy hasn't realized that if you pick competent coaches the first time, you don't have to keep changing them.

By his hilbilly logic, it's better to persist with poor coaching (and poor results) than to start over.... because it might not work out as well as it has?

http://www.buffaloru...ogin=1351883403

"He's got a year or more (left)," Nix said Friday afternoon, per The Buffalo News."

"I know you fans have been through 12 years, or whatever it is, and you're frustrated about it," Nix said. "The big thing is you don't want to start over. If you start over, you're going to get 12 more, and that's not where we're headed."

Boss Hogg [Nix] stated that Cooter’s [Gailey] job is safe, but does that mean Wannstedt’s job is safe as well, given Cooter and Wannstedt are close friends? After this year’s abysmal performance on defense, I can’t imagine Wannstedt remaining as the Bills defensive coordinator.

No, Wanny is done.

As I am getting my preparations for Hurricane Arian (beer, tissues, gauze) and the 200+ yard rushing "effort" that is approaching Bills Country I realized, as a GM would you really want to start a mid season D-Co against one of the most dangerous offenses in the NFL?

How bad would it look if you fired your D-Co then proceeded to have your defense ripped for the next two games.

@Hou and @NEP is not exactly a good starting ramp for a new D-Co.

From Buddy's comments to Warrow its clear he is not pleased with our Booth babe D-Co. I haven't seen anyone mention this before but maybe Buddy was smart enough to say, "I'll let Dave take these two thumpers coming up, then I'll have my new D-Co start at home against against the Dolphins less than prolific Offense."

Maybe just Maybe there is a slight hope for a Defense coaching change.

Reading Wade Phillip's comments about a coach adapting to his players it is clear Wannstache doesn't get it. This team on paper has way better talent than the worst defense in points given up per game in NFL history.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Wannstedt is Gaileys good old buddy nicknamed Booger!

News flash, the Bills fielded the worst run defenses in the 50 year history of the franchise under George Edwards, and Gailey kept him all season. The bye week was the time to do it! So the players could get accustomed to the new man in charge and study the changes he would make. Sorry but I don't see any coaching changes this season...at least I'm hoping there are none at this point.

If Gailey keeps the status quo I would expect him, Nix and wannabe to be canned after this season.

A few things here, the Bills are going to allow 375 yards rushing & Valium is a needed part of your hurricane kit.

Valium is a good suggested. I need to get on that, you think if I explain the situation to my local pharamists they'll hook me up?

"Listen did you see the way that Kenjon Barner just meandered through the USC defense for 321 yards? That defensive effort is going to look like the Steel Curtain of the 70s compared to what's going to happen to the Bills today. Do you think I can get a couple of happy pills?"

I just think that if Nix is counting on loosing these next 2 games then you fire Wanny during the bye week and let the new DC start implementing their new system and give them these 2 weeks to get things in order for the Miami game. I hope I'm wrong and Wanny is fired ASAP but I'm not going to hold my breathe.

Will the Bills give up 50 points today?

I would agree if the Dolphins game wasn't on Thursday night. I don't think that they would make a change like that on a short week.

Now, if they lose the game against Miami, maybe we'll see a change. The new coordinator would have extra time to settle in and prepare for his first game. I don't think it happens, but it's a definite possibility.

I would agree if the Dolphins game wasn't on Thursday night. I don't think that they would make a change like that on a short week.

Now, if they lose the game against Miami, maybe we'll see a change. The new coordinator would have extra time to settle in and prepare for his first game. I don't think it happens, but it's a definite possibility.

Good point. I forgot about the short week.

Eric Mangini??

There are still 9 games left.

If the team goes 5-11 or 6-10 how does Nix justify to the fan base bringing Gailey/Wannstedt back?

I ask the question, but truth is the fans always seem to "billieve" in something the marketing gurus at one bills drive feed them....

The thing is, he doesn't have to justify anything to the Bills fan base. Just to Mr. Brandon and Mr. Wilson.