Unreal quotes by Shep

develop818

http://wgr550.com/co...emplateId=43253

I always wonder how in the world you can be 32 in the league and just accept it as an NFL team. I now know. Just deny deny deny. These quotes by Shep are just rediculous. He tries to say the defense is not giving up 80 yard drives!?!??. That the only reason they look so bad is because they give up 83 yard running plays.

Does anyone remember last year against NYG? When Fred broke an 80 yarder in the first quarter? I'm pretty sure he ended up around 100 yards rushing. If that was the problem on our D we would do the same thing. So if you give up one 83 yarder. What is the excuse for the other 120 yard they give up?

And the worst part is he tries to insult our intelligence and say we don't know football? I know enough to know he can't play. And that when you are on pace to break most rush yards given up there is a lot more then "missing one gap every 10th play" going on.

I do think coaching is the main culprit, but Shep, Wilson, Dareus, Moats are not far behind at all. I really don't know how anyone could say he is a good player at the moment. He ALWAYS falls backwards. He can't shed a block, and is slow to the point of attack. What I he good at?

Edited by develop818

Hmmm....too bad they don't give away W's based on stopping the other team most of the time. I think Shep may need to be reminded that a 14 play 99 yard TD drive or a 1 play 80 yard TD run look the same on the scoreboard. Same crap our D has been doing for years. Stop em on first and second then give up third and long. Rinse and repeat.

Reading between the lines, I think his point is that no one is lining up and out-physicaling them. That may be true (though doubtful).

The problem is that our defense is so undisciplined, esp our LB's, all a RB needs to do is find a cut-back lane and he's got anywhere from a 5 to 90-yard gain.

Also, how do you explain the pass defense and the horrible 3rd down defensive numbers?

Shep: "It's those that look at numbers that really don't know football." Hey Shep, I take it you have never seen MoneyBall, haha. It's a good movie, I recommend you watch it.

Hey Shep I've got a few numbers for ya. 550+ yards; 2 games in a row. Here's a couple more; 3-4. How about these: 48, 52, 45 (points given up in individual games). Do those mean anything Shep?

My opinion on Shep is he is a very likable guy personally. As a player, the jury is still out on him in my mind. However, to the OPs point, I rarely see him shed a block so I am leaning towards the fact that he is a subpar player. I am not yet committed to that though as I need more of a body of work to make a judgment. But yeah, I'm not a fan of the denial. Leaders have to take full responsibility even when it is not your fault. You have to put it on your shoulders. You can't pawn it off and say, "oh well we're not as bad as the numbers." Own your poor performances.

The coaches are saying the same thing, so it doesn't surprise me that players are spewing the same nonsense.

They keep saying that if we eliminate the "big plays" that our defense is playing well.

I guess the real problem is that we are giving up about 25 big plays each game.

Noticeably absent from that interview/dialogue is any quote from our defensive leader/coordinator. Why is he untouchable for interviews? Is that a league rule (i.e. media can ask questions of players and the head coach but can't ask questions of the coordinator)?

Having LB's filling the correct gaps at the right time is a matter of "coordinating" various players...

Hey Kelvin - you are ranked last in team defense!!!!!!...... if it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and looks like a duck....it's a duck (or possibly a pass from Fitz on a fade route along the sideline that hovers in the air for 12 seconds before being picked off and returned for 6 pts)

What I found astonishing about this interview is that he says we call the same defensive plays 9-11 times in a row. Really? No wonder teams figure out how to beat us in the 2nd half. It supports my thought that our defense is simple and predictable and easy for opponents to figure out.

What I found astonishing about this interview is that he says we call the same defensive plays 9-11 times in a row. Really? No wonder teams figure out how to beat us in the 2nd half. It supports my thought that our defense is simple and predictable and easy for opponents to figure out.

When your playbook only has 4 pages, that tends to happen.

No offense, but you're unreal OP. You provided no analysis here. You made inferences simply to make your head spin and get everyone riled up. I don't see where he says we are not ranked dead last.

He's trying to tell you to stop being such a nerd and pretend you know anything about football. Your overreaction to it is ironic and priceless.

it works in madden.....

No offense, but you're unreal OP. You provided no analysis here. You made inferences simply to make your head spin and get everyone riled up. I don't see where he says we are not ranked dead last.

He's trying to tell you to stop being such a nerd and pretend you know anything about football. Your overreaction to it is ironic and priceless.

Mrs Sheppard is that you?

No Offense taken

"People that really know football, then you turn the film on. Just go turn it on. You watch us, we play lights out on defense play in and play out and then we give up an 80-yard run. It's very rare that a team can line up and move the ball on us 80 yards in a drive. I mean it happened, it's happened. It happened against San Francisco. It's happened. We're not just this immovable object. We're playing defense, it's just the consistency and on the consistent basis that we do [need to] play."

That is a direct quote from him. How can that not insult my intelligence...

His quotes are kind of true though..... This unit has actually played some really Great D against bad teams, and also been very bad against good teams. He is obviously upset and saying they need to be more consistentcy, which is obviously true.

Seriously? The actual quote:

"You can play good on ten plays and then on the eleventh play you let [Chris Johnson] break an 80-yard run. The previous ten, no one sees that. The outside, no one sees that. They just see, you give up an 80-yarder. "

Do people have NO reading comprehension anymore? Do people even read the articles before they comment?

Do people have NO reading comprehension anymore?

Do people even read the articles before they comment?

No. They are as bad as newspaper editors.

No. They are as bad as newspaper writers who write column before game to meet deadline.

Any more silly questions.

It appears to me Kelvin just came out of a Defensive team meeting lead by Dave explaining that if the Players could trust in the playcalling and keep close attention to disciplines

the breakaway plays will stop.

He is full of Wanny koolaid right now.

thats ok.

But he sounds a leader for once regardless of his exaggerations.

The defense has looked a bit lost at times while looking darned strong others to me.

I still am of the few and proud and possibly that think this team is going to get better and better, even though they get some education from Kubiak and co Sunday.

Where does he say this?

Read the article didn't see that quoted. Not to say this isn't completely obvious from watching the games, but it would be interesting to see in quotes as this would only add more fuel to the thought that Wanny is a complete joke.

I heard the interview. I never read the article.

Seriously? The actual quote:

"You can play good on ten plays and then on the eleventh play you let [Chris Johnson] break an 80-yard run. The previous ten, no one sees that. The outside, no one sees that. They just see, you give up an 80-yarder. "

Do people have NO reading comprehension anymore? Do people even read the articles before they comment?

Seriously. Go listen to the interview on the audio vault. I was driving to work and heard him say it. I didn't just read and edited report of his interview and try and not be so condescending.

I don't really have a problem with shep. I have a problem with player developement...ONCE AGAIN!!

I notice he stated some things that make him sound silly, but he does have that passion and fire and wants to win.

However, he's a 3rd round pick and his play is far from, I mean really far from great. But where is his developement.

And I'm tired of this gap ****!! I haven't heard this from anyone except the bills.