Dareus Disses Chan?

RyanC883

Committing few penalties and having discipline to be in the correct place at the correct times at two vastly different things. But, I totally agree with your college team idea. They should just have the game to get it over with. Alabama vs. ?? perhaps. I think Spurrier just said that to stir up controversy at Alabama. Seems odd, but he knows it's not true.

If Saban is such a POS why does he continually have the top recruiting classes in the country?

Because high school kids want to make the NFL and right now, Alabama is the best breeding ground. I'm sure it is not a challenging academic school either. Just because you get recruits, doesn't mean you're a great guy. There are a ton of bad Saban stories out there. He treats players like pieces of meat but no one cares as long as he wins. He and Lane Kiffin would be the last guys I'd want my kids to play for.

That really gets the heart of the matter IMO. These system guy coaches who restrict athleticism on the field in favor "coachable" players. It's how you have your most important positions on offense and defense (QB & MLB), occupied by guys who lack the requisite physical skills.

I was probably one of the biggest Whitner defenders on this board, but it was like 95% of posters who thought Wilson was a better player than him. Hindsight strikes again.

Because high school kids want to make the NFL and right now, Alabama is the best breeding ground. I'm sure it is not a challenging academic school either. Just because you get recruits, doesn't mean you're a great guy. There are a ton of bad Saban stories out there. He treats players like pieces of meat but no one cares as long as he wins. He and Lane Kiffin would be the last guys I'd want my kids to play for.

I was probably one of the biggest Whitner defenders on this board, but it was like 95% of posters who thought Wilson was a better player than him. Hindsight strikes again.

It seems that if you are being recruited by Alabama, you're also being recruited by some of the following: Oregon, Texas, South Carolina, Clemson, Florida State, Miami, USC, Oregon State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, etc. NFL players come from everywhere. He also wins. And wouldn't Dareus have said something negative, instead of positive about Saban?

Read into things much? He was just answering a question about his former team...

The actual quote from Dareus, FWIW:

"I don't know if they could compete with an NFL team, but they're more disciplined than most NFL football teams," Dareus told the Buffalo News. "They'd stick in a game with a few teams. They're just coached real well."

Clearly he was calling out Chan. That much is clear

Saban is a giant POS though. It's well-documented. Carroll, on the other hand, is awesome and doesn't treat players like pieces of meat. I actually saw him in Cali a few years back just riding on a bike with giant wheels. I would have loved to play for a guy like that.

JMO, but if I were a top recruit, Id personally rather play for Saban than Carroll. I dont care what kind of silly bike they ride, I want to win and be part of the best team. I also think Saban teaches these young men some very important lessons that will stick with them their entire life. Not saying Carroll hasnt touched any lives, but Saban seems like he is even a step above.

To address the topic of this thread and Dareus's quote, it also reminds me of what I read in ajzepp's thread about Kelvin Sheppard on the John Murphy show, and a discussion I had with some friends last year...

It's embarrassing that when we draft players from amateur College football into the professional NFL, they take a step backwards with regards to their coaching. Guys like Dareus and Sheppard who played on top programs for top coaches like Saban and Miles then have to come to Buffalo where our so-called "professional" schemes are even behind what they would run in the NCAA.

I'm not at all surprised that these coaches have lost the players.

Thank you for actually printing the text of the comments. The OP provided his own analysis contrary to the actual quote.

My pleasure! Someone has to bring the facts to light around here! :D

People on TBD love to talk about a quotes and what they think they mean without posting (or even addressing) the actual freaking quote...

I feel like hes lost team, the players want to compete but have no direction at all

The thing that gets me the most is , he says that the players have to be accountable to each other ?? OK i get it !!

But when (if at all) are the players accountable to their boss ?

Not only that but when does the boss set them all straight & say "look this is not acceptable AT ALL , either you start doing your job or you will be on the bench no matter who you are & some one else will get a shot to prove them selves " ..

You think Harbaugh or Cowher would be as calm cool & collected on the sidelines Hell no they wouldn't they would be chewin some bodies ass that you can bet !!!

The thing that gets me the most is , he says that the players have to be accountable to each other ?? OK i get it !!

But when (if at all) are the players accountable to their boss ?

Not only that but when does the boss set them all straight & say "look this is not acceptable AT ALL , either you start doing your job or you will be on the bench no matter who you are & some one else will get a shot to prove them selves " ..

You think Harbaugh or Cowher would be as calm cool & collected on the sidelines Hell no they wouldn't they would be chewin some bodies ass that you can bet !!!

Chan would never bench a player for not fallowing orders. Just ask Stevie Johnson

Read into things much? He was just answering a question about his former team...

The actual quote from Dareus, FWIW:

"I don't know if they could compete with an NFL team, but they're more disciplined than most NFL football teams," Dareus told the Buffalo News. "They'd stick in a game with a few teams. They're just coached real well."

:thumbsup:

Chan would never bench a player for not fallowing orders. Just ask Stevie Johnson

He made a strong point with that move. and i approved that message.

I think its Wannstadt that direly needs to come out of the booth in the clouds with his basket, and just bring his darned brick down to the sidelines . :wallbash: