Jason Cole rips Wanny on Howard Simon show

http://www.myfoxhous...left-the-texans

Does this not say it all? Does this man give you this impression that he's loving life right now? Doesn't credit the Bills in any way shape or form: organization, teammates, coaching staff etc.

Not sure about all of you, but this does not appear to be a guy that's going to give 150% and live for B-lo to be a contender again.

Not expecting a leader, but we are expecting performance.

wow.

It might just be me, but anytime this guy opens his mouth, all I ever take away from what he says is that he is in it for the money and that winning games is secondary. That's his right, and I'm sure many players feel the same way. I'm not sure how many $100 million players feel that way, though. I think it's a bummer.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bummer indeed...

I know we do a lot of looking back here, BUT....

Doe's anyone remember when Takeo Spikes was the offseason prize on D......as we know, we signed him....

Look at the way that guy embraced the uniform and came out of the tunnel....(damn that injury!).....he was a beast unleashed.

If Mario showed 20% of that, the love affair with the fans here would be off the charts.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

Whatever you might say, Norv Turner has been an excellent Offensive Coordinator. His record as a HC is very dubious whether it was in Washington or in San Diego. However, he had some big time offense in Miami, San Francisco and San Diego.

Wanny on the other hand has been a fraud.

So, so, true. Turner comes up with screens that I've literally never seen before. The man is pure offensive BRILLIANCE, but he can't execute the plays himself. Dumasses putting the ball on the ground. Fitzrivers tossing INT's. -All NOT NORV TURNERS FAULT. Norv isn't a very good Head Coach, -that's obvious, but as an OC, he's up there with the BEST in the league. Unlike Gailey who's LOUSY as an HC and TERRIBLE as an offensive coordinator.

Edited by #34fan

Please stop using words that more than 80% of the posters need to look up, including myself. I'll never understand why using big words on the internet to confuse people is entertaining. It's not hard and it's certainly not clever.

Now that is funny.

I use the words that I've learned over my 30 years of life. In the future I'll try to dumb it down. My point is that without tone or expression there is no context for your statement. Also, this world is full of dummies who make idiotic remarks. To try and hook someone over the internet by making absurd statements and then laughing at the confused responses, is like laughing at the little kid who thinks that you really took his nose. They don't know any better.

Not trying to argue, to each his own. It's just my point of view that trolling is super easy.

Now that is funny.

I use the words that I've learned over my 30 years of life. In the future I'll try to dumb it down. My point is that without tone or expression there is no context for your statement. Also, this world is full of dummies who make idiotic remarks. To try and hook someone over the internet by making absurd statements and then laughing at the confused responses, is like laughing at the little kid who thinks that you really took his nose. They don't know any better.

Not trying to argue, to each his own. It's just my point of view that trolling is super easy.

Oh, I know exactly what your point was. I'm a pretty smart dude; at least my mom says I am. I will tell you that I rarely employ sarcasm within threads. I just felt like doing it today. I probably won't do it again for months. And the fact that there actually are people out there who think Fitz is the biggest reason this team is not winning should bother you more than my self-satisfying facetiousness.

There is a difference between trolling and having a little fun. As Robert Plant once wrote ... "lighten up, baby, I'm in love with you!"

Smooch!!!

I'm not sure I'm following this. The Bills are #12 in the NFL in points per game and Fitz has thrown 15 TDs (only 5 have thrown more). New Orleans Saints are #6 in the the league in points per game and Brees has thrown 20 TD passes. How is that not getting the ball in the endzone?

In points given up per game the Bills are dead last and the Saints at #30.

The Saints and Bills problems are similar in that neither team has a defense.

Thanks, i was going to respond and you saved me the trouble. I suppose some fans simply want to delude themselves from whats really happening

Thanks, i was going to respond and you saved me the trouble. I suppose some fans simply want to delude themselves from whats really happening

dude, obviously you dont spend enough time on here (I know sarcasm is VERY hard to get through the interwebs) but if you were around often you would know gugny is truly just trolling/pulling your chain right now....he doesn't honestly believe Fitz is the problem with the defense, hes just getting a rise out of you (and actually, the rest of us are getting a good ole laugh out of it too)....sorry gugny, but I couldnt stand watching this continue....crayonz would be proud

dont worry Fear, it wasent just you.......

Wannstadt is waiting for the players to come around or decide who can play his " gap secure " style.

I dont think he realizes that he is going to lose Chan his job. And his too.

Ya gotta consider he thinks the team is going to turn a corner soon. He cant be THAT stupid. seriously, he cant. Neither is Gailey, Nix

even more so.

But he is acting as if he has the time to get it dialed in.

If Houston and N. E. are ugly games... you must dump Wanny. The season is over at that point.

But i would hate to think that because he did not motivate his guys would be the reason. A player needs to play every play as hard as possible till exhausted. They replaced Moats for a lack of performance, they moved Leo for same. They are rotating players in an reasonable attempt to get something to work.

I am pissed at Dave but damnit the players have to own up too.

If A. Williams didnt need help so much and we had a real corner over there Daves defense would work a lot better. And more important. This was mentioned correctly, they need a qb of the defense and Shepp is not that man right now. At that position, in this scheme is where your pro bowler should be.

We need two QB's next up. one for the offense and one for the D,

And Dave get down on the field. Unless it's that you are scared of your players ? !

This whole thread is being held up by thin sticks. It is just a paper tent and toothpicks. There is not much here, and everything is pulled and derived from theory. It is way out there to assume so much.

Oh, I know exactly what your point was. I'm a pretty smart dude; at least my mom says I am.

Funny, she says that about me, too.

I might want to challenge him on his recallection of the Dolphins-Patriots game he mentioned. Miami had an 11 point lead late in that game and NE came back in part because of a cheap pass interference call in the endzone. He made sure to mention they had Ricky Williams but didn't mention Jay Fiedler was their QB. Nor did he mention Miami won the 1st game vs NE handily, or that the Jets ultimately won an arbitrary 3way tiebreaker (the 3 teams were 2-2 vs each other). I dunno did Herm Edwards outcoach Bellichick when they won @NE late in that year?

I mean it's pretty hard to defend the guy's defensive prowess if you just look at this year. Definitely interesting to hear a national guy rip a coach so much - they virtually never do because they might want information from them in the future.

I do not get this mindset at all. They need to be motivated by coaches?

How about winning. How about not being a laughing stock. How about pride in your performance. How about making the playoffs. How about a !@#$ing super bowl ring for Christs sake!

NFL players needing to be motivated by their coaches is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard about professional athletes.

Have you never played a sport in which the ability to take more pain than the other guy was an important part of winning? I've played a sport like that. My base level of motivation was always high. I never slacked off. But there would be some days when I'd feel especially motivated. There would be other times when I'd still push myself very hard, but not quite as hard. I'd push myself hard when I had an uninspiring coach, or no coach at all. But an inspiring coach could get me to push myself a little bit more. Or could convince me that a higher level of accomplishment was possible than I might otherwise have believed.

It's true that I was doing all of this for free, whereas NFL athletes are paid large sums of money for their efforts. But if you tell a player that he's getting the same game check whether he gives it 70% or 100%, or whether his team loses or wins, you will not necessarily cause that player to be 100% motivated 100% of the time. It's human nature to give your all for a leader you respect, who has a clear plan in place, and who pushes you to do your share to make the plan work. Someone like Vince Lombardi. But if the person in charge lacks a clear direction, does not impose accountability, does not inspire you, and does not push you, it's human nature to slack off a little. Words like "professional athlete" are not magic wands one can wave to change human nature.

Many people on this forum have said that the Offense has a decent line, good RBs, a QB whose passes are not particularly strong or accurate, and a group of receivers that are small and don't always get open. Therefore the offense should rely on runs ansd screens, and the QB should be a game manager. In other words, choose plays that your offense is suited for.

On defense, the front four were pretty good early in the season, but lately they have been questionable. The LBs have always been considered to be below average, and the DBs are average, more or less. Therefore, the defense should run plays that are designed to work with the talent level that is available. Since A. Williams isn't very good in coverage, would it hurt to blitz him occasionally? Aren't there other ideas that would be appropriate to try to get the most out of this group of players? Playing "Fit the Gap" isn't working. Look at your players and figure out what will (or might) work.

Many people on this forum have said that the Offense has a decent line, good RBs, a QB whose passes are not particularly strong or accurate, and a group of receivers that are small and don't always get open. Therefore the offense should rely on runs ansd screens, and the QB should be a game manager. In other words, choose plays that your offense is suited for.

On defense, the front four were pretty good early in the season, but lately they have been questionable. The LBs have always been considered to be below average, and the DBs are average, more or less. Therefore, the defense should run plays that are designed to work with the talent level that is available. Since A. Williams isn't very good in coverage, would it hurt to blitz him occasionally? Aren't there other ideas that would be appropriate to try to get the most out of this group of players? Playing "Fit the Gap" isn't working. Look at your players and figure out what will (or might) work.

Do you trust G Wilson or any of our LBs to roll coverage toward the area A Williams vacates? As far as "Fit the Gap" goes, unfortunately that is a requirement of ALL defenses no matter the scheme. It's not something Wanny invented. Far from it. Old as football itself.

GO BILLS!!!

Do you trust G Wilson or any of our LBs to roll coverage toward the area A Williams vacates? As far as "Fit the Gap" goes, unfortunately that is a requirement of ALL defenses no matter the scheme. It's not something Wanny invented. Far from it. Old as football itself.

GO BILLS!!!

This made me laugh, in an "oh fudge, good point" kind of way. I would trust J Byrd to roll coverage, after that I run out of options. Most fans can think of ways for the offense to work in spite of a weakness, but of course a fan doesn't have to be held accountable if it doesn't go well. For me, and probably for many fans, it is harder to come up with ways for a defense to work in spite of a weakness, and unfortunately it seems as though the Bills have more than one aspect of their defense that could be considered a weakness.

This made me laugh, in an "oh fudge, good point" kind of way. I would trust J Byrd to roll coverage, after that I run out of options. Most fans can think of ways for the offense to work in spite of a weakness, but of course a fan doesn't have to be held accountable if it doesn't go well. For me, and probably for many fans, it is harder to come up with ways for a defense to work in spite of a weakness, and unfortunately it seems as though the Bills have more than one aspect of their defense that could be considered a weakness.

I'm convinced "oh fudge" is the official epithet of the Buffalo Bills.

And I quite agree with your post as well. When I look at our lack of talent in our back seven (LB, SS, and #2 CB) it's really hard to come up with ways to make our defense work. And not to defend Wanny because it's his job to do just that, but I think it's safe to say that his personnel limits his scheme options.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm convinced "oh fudge" is the official epithet of the Buffalo Bills.

And I quite agree with your post as well. When I look at our lack of talent in our back seven (LB, SS, and #2 CB) it's really hard to come up with ways to make our defense work. And not to defend Wanny because it's his job to do just that, but I think it's safe to say that his personnel limits his scheme options.

GO BILLS!!!

as does Chans personnel limit.

Dont you agree ?

May i point out that G Wilson had more than reasonable season up until his injury last year.

A.Williams is an issue, without McGee progressing and Rogers struggling. tough spot.

as does Chans personnel limit.

Dont you agree ?

May i point out that G Wilson had more than reasonable season up until his injury last year.

A.Williams is an issue, without McGee progressing and Rogers struggling. tough spot.

Yeah, it's obvious that Fitz limits Chan's playbook to a certain degree. But there's enough talent on the OLine and at the skill positions to keep defenses honest.

And you may feel free to point out Wilson's 'reasonable' season last year. He had a few good plays and one really good game against Philly but was nothing special and often a target the rest of the time. I've seen enough of him over his career to convince me that he's nothing more than mediocre at best. But he's been terrible most of the time this year against both run and pass.

GO BILLS!!!

Have you never played a sport in which the ability to take more pain than the other guy was an important part of winning? I've played a sport like that. My base level of motivation was always high. I never slacked off. But there would be some days when I'd feel especially motivated. There would be other times when I'd still push myself very hard, but not quite as hard. I'd push myself hard when I had an uninspiring coach, or no coach at all. But an inspiring coach could get me to push myself a little bit more. Or could convince me that a higher level of accomplishment was possible than I might otherwise have believed.

It's true that I was doing all of this for free, whereas NFL athletes are paid large sums of money for their efforts. But if you tell a player that he's getting the same game check whether he gives it 70% or 100%, or whether his team loses or wins, you will not necessarily cause that player to be 100% motivated 100% of the time. It's human nature to give your all for a leader you respect, who has a clear plan in place, and who pushes you to do your share to make the plan work. Someone like Vince Lombardi. But if the person in charge lacks a clear direction, does not impose accountability, does not inspire you, and does not push you, it's human nature to slack off a little.

Words like "professional athlete" are not magic wands one can wave to change human nature.

Great post.