Colin Powell endorsement

Mole Hill?? So an attack on our soil is a mole hill? You can leave now.

Attacks against our troops were happening every hour in Iraq, Benghazi was a mole hill in comparison, he'll it didn't even work as a propaganda point for Romney, made him look like the desperate politician that he is

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So when Hillary resigns as SOS, it'll be because she's a racist, or she was lied to about Benghazi?

Well, we will never know...she announced her plans to leave the position long before the Benghazi incident.

Sure it's their right as it is my right to yawn and not give a **** who endorses whom.

That is absolutely true too...but it has nothing to do with anything!

Everytime I have a lingering doubt that "maybe the conservatives on this board are on to something", I will remember this thread... :rolleyes:

Edited by Buftex

Well, we will never know...she announced her plans to leave the position long before the Benghazi incident.

That is absolutely true too...but it has nothing to do with anything!

Everytime I have a lingering doubt that "maybe the conservatives on this board are on to something", I will remember this thread... :rolleyes:

Hillary recently walked that back a little ways.

Funny how Republicans make a mountain out of the mole hill of Benghazi, yet can't even remember the years long struggle in Iraq. Unbelievable

WTF is wrong with you. They were watching this unfold in the situation room. They called for help three times and were turned down. The battle lasted 7 hours and they could have gotten a Delta Force squad from Italy in less than an hour. Four people were killed. The Seals were lighting up with lasers the mortars that were shelling them, waiting in vain for help. The president had to fly to see JayZ in Vegas Baby! He is never out of touch. They probably have a phone or intercom in his sh*tter on Air Force One.

This a dereliction of duty by Obama. Obama lies, four die.

Edited by Wacka

This a dereliction of duty by Obama. Obama lies, four die.

Careful. Simple Jack thinks you're making fun of Delta Force.

I'll pile on Rob who I generally do not dislike...stupid post.

I don't mind. When I can elicit negative responses from 3 libs w/ no explanation as to why I'm wrong I know I just hit the nail on the head.

I don't mind. When I can elicit negative responses from 3 libs w/ no explanation as to why I'm wrong I know I just hit the nail on the head.

Or, if you have read the whole thread, you would realize that there is little to say in response to your thread, that hasn't been said a number of times already. If you really think that Colin Powell is endorsing Obama simply because he wants to be popular with libs and the black community, then there really is no point arguing with you. If Powell hasn't earned enough credibility with your crowd (hadn't heard the incredible John Sanunu comment, which is essentially the same as yours, until after your post), then your argument is no better than the one you are so offended by, any black person who sides with conservatives is an "Uncle Tom". We are not talking about Lenny Kravitz or Will.I.Am here. I didn't see anyone (liberal or conservative) slamming Condolezza Rice for endorsing Mitt Romney. Nobody questions the integrity of her predictable endorsement, because she has some assumed credibility. Doesn't Colin Powell warrant as much credibility as Condolezza Rice? Or, does he lose it, because you don't like the guy he endorses?

If you think that Powell is simply a "mouthwhore", how do defend Romney?

Edited by Buftex

Or, if you have read the whole thread, you would realize that there is little to say in response to your thread, that hasn't been said a number of times already. If you really think that Colin Powell is endorsing Obama simply because he wants to be popular with libs and the black community, then there really is no point arguing with you. If Powell hasn't earned enough credibility with your crowd (hadn't heard the incredible John Sanunu comment, which is essentially the same as yours, until after your post), then your argument is no better than the one you are so offended by, any black person who sides with conservatives is an "Uncle Tom". We are not talking about Lenny Kravitz or Will.I.Am here. I didn't see anyone (liberal or conservative) slamming Condolezza Rice for endorsing Mitt Romney. Nobody questions the integrity of her predictable endorsement, because she has some assumed credibility. Doesn't Colin Powell warrant as much credibility as Condolezza Rice? Or, does he lose it, because you don't like the guy he endorses?

If you think that Powell is simply a "mouthwhore", how do defend Romney?

Sorry. Yall's theories don't fit & here's why:

There's no "come to Jesus" moment- & save me the part about how he discovered he was "misled" b/c that's full of holes also. If he knew in 04 that Bush lied & people died, why didn't he support John Kerry? And why would he hold John McCain responsible for the Bush lies? It doesn't make sense.

What also doesn't make sense is HIS explanation in an interview, 4 years ago, when he explained his new found liberalism is a result of "the people" (whoever the !@#$ that may be) suddenly wanting government to provide "services" (whatever those might be?); which if taken at face value pretty clearly translates to "I Believe in and support whatever I perceive to be the popular trend at the moment."

Too bad he didn't have you guys to remind him that the reason he's abandoned 30+ years of conservative & free market values to adopt a philosophy of economic interventionism, collectivism, & redistribution, is b/c he was the most naive Sec of State in the history of the Republic & got snowed by the administration putting too much weight on the word of an unreliable source. Good story.

Why? I'm not surprised. Powell's legacy had been as a shill for the Bush Administration. He's trying to change that.

He is for crap n trade, affirmative action, Dream act, entitlement expansion, pro choice, pro gays openly serving in the military, and pro Keynesian economics just to mention a few liberal policies. He's not even a RINO, let alone a Republican. Edited by Oxrock

He is for crap n trade, affirmative action, Dream act, entitlement expansion, pro choice, pro gays openly serving in the military, and pro Keynesian economics just to mention a few liberal policies. He's not even a RINO, let alone a Republican.

Was he ever really a Repub, or did he claim to be one to get to where he wanted to go?

Attacks against our troops were happening every hour in Iraq, Benghazi was a mole hill in comparison, he'll it didn't even work as a propaganda point for Romney, made him look like the desperate politician that he is

Regardless, it was still mishandled by the administration. Both in leading up to the attack and then handling the information coming out after the attack.

And Mitt isn't desperate. Right now he's doing a great job in his campaign. And the fact of the matter is, he really wouldn't be that bad of a president. I just feel like Obama can do better.

Regardless, it was still mishandled by the administration. Both in leading up to the attack and then handling the information coming out after the attack.

And Mitt isn't desperate. Right now he's doing a great job in his campaign. And the fact of the matter is, he really wouldn't be that bad of a president. I just feel like Obama can do better.

I don't know how anyone can feel that way, after the last 4 years. But to each his own.

John Sununu is probably one of my least favorite people in the world. He is very arrogant and usually doesn't realize how stupid (or in this case, bigoted) he sounds.

So in other words, he is very similar to every other players in the political games whose role is "attack dog" or "enforcer."

Welcome to politics.

Powell endoresed Obama over Mccain as well. If you don't believe this is at least partially race based, you really don't have a clue. Mccain, was not a Bush Repulican and whether Romney is or not remains to be seen. My concern with Romney is the fact that he's not really surrounding himself with foreign experts.