Please help us Sabres!

Buffalo 66

While it would be great for Buffalo to win the Stanley Cup it isn't even close to the Lombardi Trophy.

I haven't followed hockey close enough in the past ten years to have an intelligent opinion about the Sabres chances. Since they're my favorite hockey team I'm going to go with they will bitterly disappoint this year.

Don't expect much from the Sabres if there is a season. They should be tougher but scoring goals wins games and the Sabres don't have enough offensive playmakers. Agree with you on Pegula. What a fantastic owner. No guarantees the Sabres will win a cup, but he's providing the front office and players everything they need to be successful now and in the future.

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

Don't expect much from the Sabres if there is a season. They should be tougher but scoring goals wins games and the Sabres don't have enough offensive playmakers.

If Miller is good which he should be with a good defense and some teammates to stick up for him they will make a big splash at the trade deadline and make it happen this year

I am not dying over hockey just yet...but by around Thanksgiving I think I will be feeling it... I am not super high on this current Sabres team, but I do think they should be good enough to make the playoffs, and win a series or two...adding a couple of new tough guys is a step in the right direction...not going to help them score goals, however... my all-time favorite Sabre (not counting Bert) is probably Mike Foligno, so it was fun, late last season, to see his son Marcus light the lamp like he did. If he and Ennis are the real thing (they were awesome late in the season when Marcus showed up), and Vanek can figure out a way to be a little more consistent, goal-wise, throughout the season (short season would help him, perhaps!), they could be very good...

I am not dying over hockey just yet...but by around Thanksgiving I think I will be feeling it... I am not super high on this current Sabres team, but I do think they should be good enough to make the playoffs, and win a series or two...adding a couple of new tough guys is a step in the right direction...not going to help them score goals, however... my all-time favorite Sabre (not counting Bert) is probably Mike Foligno, so it was fun, late last season, to see his son Marcus light the lamp like he did. If he and Ennis are the real thing (they were awesome late in the season when Marcus showed up), and Vanek can figure out a way to be a little more consistent, goal-wise, throughout the season (short season would help him, perhaps!), they could be very good...

:thumbsup:

I am really wanting some hockey, was really looking forward to what the Sabres were gonna do! At least they have an owner who's only goal is to win a Championship! Any one else?

and they missed the playoffs again last year.

and they missed the playoffs again last year.

They missed the 8th seed by 3 points, that is 1 1/2 games, the Kings were the 8th seed and won the CUP! Besides that was last year. At least the Sabres have an owner who is committed to winning, more than the Bills can say!

They missed the 8th seed by 3 points, that is 1 1/2 games, the Kings were the 8th seed and won the CUP! Besides that was last year. At least the Sabres have an owner who is committed to winning, more than the Bills can say!

This might make more sense if the Bills didn't spent a billion dollars this offseason. Besides the teams after the last lockout (what the hell is the NHL doing with another one?), the Sabres have missed out on a 8 team playoff something like 6 out of 10 years. That's awful. How Reiger has a job still is beyond me. And if those idiots do wise up and realize their sports is baraely about the WNBA in America, I hope they find a sack. As bad as these Bills games have been, nothign was more embarrassing that have that big ugly goon on the Bruins run your goalie and do nothing about it.

Face it, we root for some sackless organizations.

Too bad the league isn't as committed to playing as Pegula has said he is to winning. Bettman and a hardcore group of owners were intent on closing down the league and using the lockout as their primary bargaining tool. The lockout coming within days of teams signing big dollar long term contracts with free agents and then moaning about salaries.

IMO, they've shown utter contempt for the fanbase of the sport. I for one will not be back when play resumes having decided to take back 80 or so nights to do something else with my time and money. It would be a pleasant surprise to me if more fans took my approach and decided to hold a strike of their own when the league finally decides to resume play.

Too bad the league isn't as committed to playing as Pegula has said he is to winning. Bettman and a hardcore group of owners were intent on closing down the league and using the lockout as their primary bargaining tool. The lockout coming within days of teams signing big dollar long term contracts with free agents and then moaning about salaries.

IMO, they've shown utter contempt for the fanbase of the sport. I for one will not be back when play resumes having decided to take back 80 or so nights to do something else with my time and money. It would be a pleasant surprise to me if more fans took my approach and decided to hold a strike of their own when the league finally decides to resume play.

Not doubting you but people say this all the time. Then, the second their team is winning, they're back. Personally, I think the players are thinking they are worth more than they actually are. Hockey is probably the 5th most popular sport in the US. The owner of the Islanders and other teams actually might do better not having a season. You're worth what you can get but hockey players are way overpaid.

It always seemed like there was only enough luck in buffalo for one team. When the bills were on a winning streak the sabers couldn't pick up a win and vice versa. The bills came out 5 and 1 last year and around the time hockey season started the Sabres went 5 and 1 and the bills struggled. I don't actually believe in that kinda stuff but i always found it funny to think because the two teams really compliment each other in making sure the fans always have a certain level of disappointment .

I for one actually think a year off could do the Sabres some good. The biggest hole in the roster is at Center and we have two sizable young prospects in Grigorenko and Girgenson that could benefit from an extra year of development. I also read about them slipping Ott into center for faceoffs then switching to wing during play. Also consider the 25+ game stretch that miller was either injured or playing poorly given the after effects of the injury. If he can stay healthy and the team can slightly improve it is enough to get into the playoffs. Playoff positioning is not as important as how well your team is clicking at the end of the year. The Presidents Trophy winners rarely win the Cup. Last year LA was 29th in the League in Goals Scored in the regular season then scored 57 in 20 games. Im not saying the Sabres are going to win the cup but i am saying if Miller can stay healthy and steal a couple in the process Buffalo could be playing postseason hockey again.