Speculation: Tim Tebow could be traded, Bills mentioned

Just Jack

Hey FWIW, Jason La Caforna (sp?) was just on the NFL pregame show on CBS and was asked about the possibility of Tebow being traded and he said, "no, they're not interested in trading him, no one wants him and even if the Jets wanted to trade him, they couldn't get anything for him. It's a moot point." La Caforna was clearly embarrassed to even be talking about it when there are real football issues to discuss. So me, most people on this board, every NFL GM and Jason La Caforna realize this is beyond ridiculous, but thanks to people like Peter Pan who think it's really cool that he demanded the ball in a meaningless late season game against the Texans in 2010, he continues to be pertinent.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should've gone to Jax where he'd have had a good chance to start this season, and where he might be able to succeed. If he took another POS team on a win streak late he'd have a consistent history of being a winner. If they flopped, hey it's a POS team that was losing anyway. As it is now, he may not get another shot.

He should've gone to Jax where he'd have had a good chance to start this season, and where he might be able to succeed. If he took another POS team on a win streak late he'd have a consistent history of being a winner. If they flopped, hey it's a POS team that was losing anyway. As it is now, he may not get another shot.

I agree 100% with this. I am no Tebow fan, in any way, shape or form. But going to the Jets (if he truly had any control) over the Jags wasn't brilliant. In addition to the valid reasons you mentioned, the mere fact that he is worshipped in the state of Florida makes that move make sense to me.

Either way, I'm just happy he isn't a Bill. And I'm happily confident that he never will be a Bill.

Edited by gugny

From one Pete to another: dude you gotta let it go man. In SEVERAL of those game the other poster cited, he was HISTORICALLY bad. I remember watching the Dolphins game last year and the announcer said that it was quite possibly the worst performance he had ever seen from an NFL QB. Same with the Chicago game. In the KC game I think he literally completed 2 passes the entire game. Did you actually watch any of these games? I watched all of them. It was a gimmick offense that admittedly caught a few teams offguard, but more than anything, three things factored into Denver's run last year: defense, clutch field goal kicking and an incredible stroke of luck. Not to sound like a jerk, but I really question your football IQ if you think this guy could is a legitimate starting QB in the NFL. And please do not include anything about Fitzpatrick in your response. Although he is clearly a better NFL QB than Tim Tebow, the Bills do need to draft a QB in the first round next year and I whole-heartedly believe that they will.

Yes I did watch all his games last year. And unless you skipped most of the Bills games last year then you didnt watch all his games like you say.

If you are evaluating him as you would a Brady or some pocket passer then yess he was bad and when you look at his stats he looks even worse!. Thats what I have always said! I am evauluating him as you would an option QB, because thats what he is, and he was incredibly good at that. And YES they won games that way! I like college football better than the NFL bc there are many differenet offenses and they can all be successful if executed properly. Tebow is a square peg and the NFL systems are a round hole but he has won games when they let him be the square peg.

Regardless, Fitzpatrick is not even in the top 32 of NFL quarterbacks and we need to try SOMETHING!!! (I am not implying Tebow is in the top 32)

And for the record, there is no such thing as a 'meaningless game' to Tebow. That says a lot about the guy, especially when this team that hasn't had anything but meaningless seasons for 13 straight years.

Edited by peterpan

Yes I did watch all his games last year. And unless you skipped most of the Bills games last year then you didnt watch all his games like you say.

If you are evaluating him as you would a Brady or some pocket passer then yess he was bad and when you look at his stats he looks even worse!. Thats what I have always said! I am evauluating him as you would an option QB, because thats what he is, and he was incredibly good at that. And YES they won games that way! I like college football better than the NFL bc there are many differenet offenses and they can all be successful if executed properly. Tebow is a square peg and the NFL systems are a round hole but he has won games when they let him be the square peg.

Regardless, Fitzpatrick is not even in the top 32 of NFL quarterbacks and we need to try SOMETHING!!! (I am not implying Tebow is in the top 32)

And for the record, there is no such thing as a 'meaningless game' to Tebow. That says a lot about the guy, especially when this team that hasn't had anything but meaningless seasons for 13 straight years.

A couple things: I would be willing to bet that if you looked at all the Broncos games during their "run," that virtually all of them were at a different time than the Bills. Living in Denver, naturally, they were all on TV. Plus, I went to the game in Buffalo. I remember he played decent at Minnesota and yes, he made a throw in the Pittsburgh game. But other than that- take a look at the Miami game, the Chicago game and my God, the Buffalo game. In my 27 years of watching football, I have never seen a QB look that inept at actually throwng a football- EVER. And yes, two of those games they won. NOT BECAUSE OF HIM, BUT DESPITE HIM. And if you are admitting he's not in the top 32 QB's in the league, which OF COURSE HE ISN'T, it would be insane for anyone to think that, then why do you want him? And no, he is not better than Ryan Fitzpatrick. Fitzpatrick is a low-end starting QB in the NFL/terrific back-up. What would happen if we had Tebow this year instead of Fitz? Assuming the defense didn't magically play better because of Tebow's inspirational powers? Do you see him willing us to victory with his spirit and determination in San Francisco? Once the second half collapse happened against New England, do you see him keeping up with Tom Brady in an aerial duel? No, in actuality, we would probably be 2-5, because I don't have the confidence he would have beaten the Browns.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

He can't be any worse than Fitz but we need a new DC more than anything right now.

He can be and he is worse. Fitz is one of our major problems, but Tebow is not the answer.

And God hates Buffalo.

Naah, Buffalo just needs to repent.

Yet even with those glowing indicators Denver only won one game with Tebow starting by more than 7 points (@ OAK 38-24), and easily could and/or should have lost several others (@ MIA 18-15, @ KC 17-10, vs. NYJ 17-13, @SD 17-13, @ MIN 35-32, vs. CHI 13-10).

Those scores clearly show that Denver's defense kept them in games and was the major factor they won any games at all.

Noteworthy: Completely blown out vs. losses vs. DET (45-10), NWE (41-23), BUF (40-14).

Also: Lost to KC 7-3 in Week 17 (3rd straight loss) and backed into the playoffs by winning one of the most pathetic division races in recent memory (three teams 8-8, one team 7-9).

Tebow was picked off 5 times in his last 4 games and lost fumbles in each of his last 5 games.

Denver won in spite of Tebow starting, not because of him.

Man, I wish we could win in spite of Fitz!!

Non issue. Every time a QB is thought to be on the trading block, every team with a ****ty starting QB is going to be "mentioned".

It's such a non issue that if you read the article in the original post, the writer even says at the end that there is very little chance of Tebow going anywhere.

But, we have 9 pages on it!

I'm sure that someone has brought this up, but...how long has Jackson been 'on the team'? Eight weeks or so? Are you willing to open 2013 with TIMTEBOW!!! as your starting QB? If Chan won't let a 'conventional' QB even hold the clipboard on Sunday what do you think he's going to do if he has to redesign an entire offense around a gimmick QB?

Come to think of it I'm being too generous. TIMTEBOW!!! will have to sit until opening day 2014 before he'll be ready to play.

This.

Good point. No, I don't want tebow to be our starting QB next year. Ill take him as a backup. If we aren't able to secure an upgrade for fitz, I'd rather have Tebow then fitz. I know fitz isn't the answer. I don't like tebow, but I'd prefer him over our current QB.