Speculation: Tim Tebow could be traded, Bills mentioned

Just Jack

Good, get some one on this team that shows some intensity on the field and is a natural born leader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUymUOl7rgc

I remember that game. Tebow won me my fantasy league with that game! I was in a real tough bind with my QB being injured and played Tebow for the win! Got me like 30 points or something lol.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What bothers me in this discussion is no one seems to acknowledge what Tebow would do for our running game. That is why he turned Denver around - he got their running game going (and he was pretty good in the clutch, making him the anti Fitz in that scenario. O, and he didn't turn the ball over) It offers up a whole new offense to Gailey with the zone option play. That means the backside end and LB cannot chase down the running back, because they have to honor the QB pulling the ball and running the other way. Essentially, the QB can effectively block TWO defensive players, taking them out of the play. Washington has been doing with with RG3 with great success and Carolina has had success too with Cam Newton.

Sure Tebow throws funny, but so does Fitz. But Tebow would open Spiller up for even MORE yards per carry and maybe then Gailey would have less confidence in throwing it 40 times a game and commit to the run more - which would be a total blessing.

Have you given consideration to those games that TIMTEBOW!!! won last year? What type of games were they? Wide open, lots of scoring or pretty tight games?

Have you taken notice of the Buffalo Bills RB position? It's pretty good, no?

Have you taken notice of the Buffalo Bills HC position? He's pretty bad, no? Seems like he falls in love with the passing game. Do you think that TIMTEBOW!!! will change him?

Have you given consideration to those games that TIMTEBOW!!! won last year? What type of games were they? Wide open, lots of scoring or pretty tight games?

Have you taken notice of the Buffalo Bills RB position? It's pretty good, no?

Have you taken notice of the Buffalo Bills HC position? He's pretty bad, no? Seems like he falls in love with the passing game. Do you think that TIMTEBOW!!! will change him?

Where are you going with this? The games where tight with both high and low scoring, The bills have great RBs, better than Denvers, and the Bills coach passes too much and should run more, but even still has put up a lot of points. But no, I do think that having Tebow at QB would cause Gailey to call more running plays. I'm not really sure the point you were trying to make....?

What bothers me in this discussion is no one seems to acknowledge what Tebow would do for our running game. That is why he turned Denver around - he got their running game going (and he was pretty good in the clutch, making him the anti Fitz in that scenario. O, and he didn't turn the ball over) It offers up a whole new offense to Gailey with the zone option play. That means the backside end and LB cannot chase down the running back, because they have to honor the QB pulling the ball and running the other way. Essentially, the QB can effectively block TWO defensive players, taking them out of the play. Washington has been doing with with RG3 with great success and Carolina has had success too with Cam Newton.

Sure Tebow throws funny, but so does Fitz. But Tebow would open Spiller up for even MORE yards per carry and maybe then Gailey would have less confidence in throwing it 40 times a game and commit to the run more - which would be a total blessing.

With Tebow at QB, Denver consistently won the TOP, turnover battle, and rushing yards. It is nearly impossible to lose when you lead these categories. Control. The. Ball.

Yes. Mark Sanchez is a slightly below average starting NFL QB but like most slightly below average NFL QB's, if given a really, really good football team, he could win a Super Bowl as a game manager. He's already been to two AFC Championships. What did I say that's so hard for you to believe. As far as Tebow, I'm not responding to you. When Tim Tebow is handed the reins to be the starting QB of an NFL franchise again, then I will address you. So I guess we'll be talking... what, never?

You're right about Sanchez. Going to two AFC championship games isn't winning the SB, however. So stop the Trent Dilfer/Jim McMahon/Brad Johnson comparison. Those SB WINNING below avg QBs had all-time great D's.

Tebow? He may not be the quitessential QB in today's NFL (understatement), but the fukker has more heart and desire to win than our entire 53 man roster combined.

So, with having said that would I welcome Tebow to this team? You bet your ass!

Tebow for Brad Smith -- straight up.

I'd consider it.

BA

Rex, might even buy into it. Problem is day one in Buffalo the screaming for him to start would be loud.

That said Tebow has won a playoff game, and Fitz has never even played on a winning team, much less taken one too the playoffs.

Most likely Tebow will be out of the league within 3 years, along with Fitz.

With Tebow at QB, Denver consistently won the TOP, turnover battle, and rushing yards. It is nearly impossible to lose when you lead these categories. Control. The. Ball.

Yet even with those glowing indicators Denver only won one game with Tebow starting by more than 7 points (@ OAK 38-24), and easily could and/or should have lost several others (@ MIA 18-15, @ KC 17-10, vs. NYJ 17-13, @SD 17-13, @ MIN 35-32, vs. CHI 13-10).

Those scores clearly show that Denver's defense kept them in games and was the major factor they won any games at all.

Noteworthy: Completely blown out vs. losses vs. DET (45-10), NWE (41-23), BUF (40-14).

Also: Lost to KC 7-3 in Week 17 (3rd straight loss) and backed into the playoffs by winning one of the most pathetic division races in recent memory (three teams 8-8, one team 7-9).

Tebow was picked off 5 times in his last 4 games and lost fumbles in each of his last 5 games.

Denver won in spite of Tebow starting, not because of him.

Thats what I'm saying. Tebow helps you do those things and thus helps you win.

Yet even with those glowing indicators Denver only won one game with Tebow starting by more than 7 points (@ OAK 38-24), and easily could and/or should have lost several others (@ MIA 18-15, @ KC 17-10, vs. NYJ 17-13, @SD 17-13, @ MIN 35-32, vs. CHI 13-10).

Those scores clearly show that Denver's defense kept them in games and was the major factor they won any games at all.

Tebow was picked off 5 times in his last 4 games and lost fumbles in each of his last 5 games.

Denver won in spite of Tebow starting, not because of him.

Actually, I think those scores show that how Tebow won those games, worked. Denver controlled the ball, ran down the clock, and didn't turn it over. Its going to be a close game when you play that way and a majority of NFL games are won by 3 points or less anyways. Thats normal for it to be close. If they controlled those things and DIDNT win, or won WITHOUT those keys factors in their favor, then one could chalk it up to luck, but not with those factors behind him.

And as you point out, Denver lost when Tebow turned the ball over. It would seem that Denver won when Tebow did well and lost when he did not - therefore, they also won BECAUSE of Tebow and not in spite of him.

boy...am i torn.....i love tim tebow.....i am cheering for him big time.....but i dont want him on the Bills.

i know he's a winner and all the intangibles......

BUT !!....i think denver is a really good team with or without him AND he can't throw a deep ball any better than fitz.

Thats what I'm saying. Tebow helps you do those things and thus helps you win.

Actually, I think those scores show that how Tebow won those games, worked. Denver controlled the ball, ran down the clock, and didn't turn it over. Its going to be a close game when you play that way and a majority of NFL games are won by 3 points or less anyways. Thats normal for it to be close. If they controlled those things and DIDNT win, or won WITHOUT those keys factors in their favor, then one could chalk it up to luck, but not with those factors behind him.

And as you point out, Denver lost when Tebow turned the ball over. It would seem that Denver won when Tebow did well and lost when he did not - therefore, they also won BECAUSE of Tebow and not in spite of him.

From one Pete to another: dude you gotta let it go man. In SEVERAL of those game the other poster cited, he was HISTORICALLY bad. I remember watching the Dolphins game last year and the announcer said that it was quite possibly the worst performance he had ever seen from an NFL QB. Same with the Chicago game. In the KC game I think he literally completed 2 passes the entire game. Did you actually watch any of these games? I watched all of them. It was a gimmick offense that admittedly caught a few teams offguard, but more than anything, three things factored into Denver's run last year: defense, clutch field goal kicking and an incredible stroke of luck. Not to sound like a jerk, but I really question your football IQ if you think this guy could is a legitimate starting QB in the NFL. And please do not include anything about Fitzpatrick in your response. Although he is clearly a better NFL QB than Tim Tebow, the Bills do need to draft a QB in the first round next year and I whole-heartedly believe that they will.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Tebow for Brad Smith -- straight up.

I'd consider it.

BA

I'd rather have Brad Smith than Tebow… and I'm also a person who would not be more likely to attend a Bills game because the Bills traded for Tebow. Tebow's a slow, plodding player with no quick-twitch muscles.

It's mystifying to me how he had any success at Florida and I can only surmise that they were a great team like other SEC National Champions LSU and Alabama who won with mediocre quarterbacking.

At least Smith is a good kick returner, has great promise as a wideout, and is also an excellent runner from scrimmage.

IMO, the Bills should scrap the wildcat and simply use Brad Smith as other teams use multi-talented players ie- screens, reverses, as a wideout, as a running back, the occasional halfback option, etc.

Where are you going with this? The games where tight with both high and low scoring, The bills have great RBs, better than Denvers, and the Bills coach passes too much and should run more, but even still has put up a lot of points. But no, I do think that having Tebow at QB would cause Gailey to call more running plays. I'm not really sure the point you were trying to make....?

OK...so you want low scoring games, tight defensive battles. Gailey will go through a sudden transformation and...TIMTEBOW!!! is the QB of the Bills. The team runs the ball 75-80% of the time...until...Teams will dare TIMTEBOW!!! to throw the ball by overplaying the run to the Nth degree...yet, you trust that Gailey will continue to call running plays? Or do you have confidence that TIMTEBOW!!! can win in the NFL with his arm?

Do you remember the defense that shut down TIMTEBOW!!! last season? That was the Bills, wasn't it? How good was that defense? Do you see the defense that the Bills field today? Do you want to put them on the field after even more 3 'n outs? Do you trust that defense to stop anybody?

You're putting your faith in:

1. a QB who can't throw

2. a HC who can't help himself but throw the ball

3. a defense that can't stop anybody

You can throw out #s 2 & 3 if you like. The Bills hire Marty to run the show and our defense become top 10 in the league...you know what? Still can't win with TIMTEBOW!!! at QB. Just to be clear...I'm not talking about a game here or there, I'm talking about sustained NFL success that runs deep into the playoffs.

He can't throw the ball. He can't win the game by himself. He's a nice guy. I do think that he's genuine in his beliefs. I know that he is not an NFL QB. He never has been, he never will be.