Cam Newton [I've heard of him, get 'er done]

major

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No he may be headed down the bust road based on his performance this year. That's a "may" but if you have been paying attention to how he has performed this year it's a far cry from last year. If Carolina is ready to trade him this year you can be sure he has continued to stink it up the rest of this season.

From afar, he seems like a guy who is all about Cam and easily would destroy our locker room. (I think back to that stupid Superman thing he did after he scored when the Giants were crushing the Panthers for example - as well as all of the other stories you hear about with him).

I am sure that there are plenty of Bills fans on this board living in North Carolina who can weigh in on this based on better and more current information.

In the end, if Carolina were to trade him, you know he is not worth the trouble.

Edited by Peter

I would give all 3 of my nuts to have him as our QB tho.

I wouldn't. Vince Young had all the talent in the world and his downfall began with temper tantrums because he had no idea how to deal with losing and still be a team leader through it all. We're starting to see some of that same behavior from Cam. How players deal with the pressures of the NFL goes a long way in determining how much success they have. How do they deal with the grind? How do they deal with losing - do the lash out or take responsibility? How do they deal with criticism? Do they put the effort in off the field that they should or instead go out with friends?

Guys with that much talent are so used to everything being easy and the moment it stops being easy a lot of them falter. Cam might still turn out to be an amazing QB for a decade but only if he gets himself in line. If he continues down the path he's on this year he won't have the success he could/should.

Cam is struggling because the players around him suck. Man what I'd give to have a QB or any player with half of this kids passion on the Bills (Fred, & Kyle excluded).

Maybe that's the reason he is struggling but passion?!? Hav e you watched the coverage of him this year? He is booming the poster boy for lack of passion for the game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/20442870/newton-certainly-has-his-critics-but-its-way-too-early-for-cutler-treatment

Don't just read his quotes watch his press conference he really isn't coming across as a guy taking responsibility

Cam may be taking a leadership role or he may be becoming a little B***H. I don't follow the Panthers at all and have no idea but watching the pressed after the game yesterday, he really seems like a baby. If I was on that team and I had serious time in the league, if be knocking him square in his mouth. Who the hell does he think he is? He's been in the league what? 23 games? Wow!!!

Yes. See rookie season stats, HOF bound if gets back to that...... Arm is awesome. Don't care about their record this year. Center is out. Teams kinda brutal

Lol I know fitz isn't that good at all but it's amazing the excuses people make for other teams qbs...I mean really? There 1-5 bc he's awesome but the centers out and we should hang fitz bc he lost a game in which the team put up 34, didnt punt until 5 min left in the game and gave up a 4th and 9 for a td... And by the way I'm not insane I would prefer cam

From afar, he seems like a guy who is all about Cam and easily would destroy our locker room. (I think back to that stupid Superman thing he did after he scored when the Giants were crushing the Panthers for example - as well as all of the other stories you hear about with him).

I am sure that there are plenty of Bills fans on this board living in North Carolina who can weigh in on this based on better and more current information.

In the end, if Carolina were to trade him, you know he is not worth the trouble.

That pretty much sums it up.

lol..Cam struggles and the team sucks, not Cam. I wish we were that "understanding" with some players on this team...He's got a lot more talent on that offense than some of these other QB's around the league (Tannehill/Luck/RGIII).

I also thought - according to people on this board - that when a team gets a "franchise QB" you instantly go 10-6/11-5 and earn a first-class ticket to the playoffs?

..love watching his impending downfall. The clown is more concerned about doing his superman celebration than he is about the results of the game.

I wouldn't trade a 1st round pick for that mental case. 100x's more talented than VY and probably just as unstable. No thanks.

Edited by bobobonators