Tonights cage match, Romney vs Obama 3

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Donald Sensing on bayonets.

Sarcasm and condescension only work if the speaker’s presumption of lofty superior knowledge is borne out by his command of actual facts. You can’t successfully accuse your opponent of being an ignoramus when you don’t know what you’re talking about yourself.

OBAMA LINE ABOUT HORSES, BAYONETS FAILS FACT-CHECK. And the Navy calls submarines boats, not ships.

So you don't like economic good times? In the 1920's the good times were rolling.

That's an ignorant statement. Even during the time of the twenties when they wre "good" the rural areas of the country were already in depression, and you consider the beginning of the Great Depression a good economic time? And there was a slump early in the decade as well

That's an ignorant statement. Even during the time of the twenties when they wre "good" the rural areas of the country were already in depression, and you consider the beginning of the Great Depression a good economic time? And there was a slump early in the decade as well

So you're going to look at the last two months of the decade and say "but, but, but the Depression started in the 20's!!" The 1920's represent some of the best economic boom times this country has ever seen. But go ahead and fall you a one liner in a dumb ass Presidential debate.

So you're going to look at the last two months of the decade and say "but, but, but the Depression started in the 20's!!" The 1920's represent some of the best economic boom times this country has ever seen. But go ahead and fall you a one liner in a dumb ass Presidential debate.

How were the farmers doing in the 1920's you hopelessly moronic imbecile? You probably do not know that half of America lived in the rural countryside in the 1920's.

And the decade that started the greatest economic depression in history you consider wonderful?

The "Roaring Twenties"??? You're using The Roaring Twenties as your example of a sour economy??? You're using The Roaring Twenties as your example of a sour economy AND simultaneously lauding the last four years as an Era of noteworthy growth??? Really??? Have we crossed over into some parallel universe that actually runs perpendicular???

How were the farmers doing in the 1920's you hopelessly moronic imbecile? You probably do not know that half of America lived in the rural countryside in the 1920's.

And the decade that started the greatest economic depression in history you consider wonderful?

Oh Davey...

The "Roaring Twenties"??? You're using The Roaring Twenties as your example of a sour economy??? You're using The Roaring Twenties as your example of a sour economy AND simultaneously lauding the last four years as an Era of noteworthy growth??? Really??? Have we crossed over into some parallel universe that actually runs perpendicular???

The non-agricultural economy throughout the 1920's truly was roaring starting in 1921. The agricultural economy suffered after WW1 with low commodity prices due to Europe's farms producing again. That lasted into the Great Depression. Give Davey a break. He is partially right and that happens so rarely that he needs to savor it.

http://www.shmoop.com/1920s/economy.html

The non-agricultural economy throughout the 1920's truly was roaring starting in 1921. The agricultural economy suffered after WW1 with low commodity prices due to Europe's farms producing again. That lasted into the Great Depression. Give Davey a break. He is partially right and that happens so rarely that he needs to savor it.

http://www.shmoop.com/1920s/economy.html

No, he's not "partially right". He's not making a nuanced argument, taking into consideration various market segments or approaching those segmental portions with a micro approach. He's an admitted Keynesian. He doesn't believe in a micro approach. Your criticism falls on sand.

No, he's not "partially right". He's not making a nuanced argument, taking into consideration various market segments or approaching those segmental portions with a micro approach. He's an admitted Keynesian. He doesn't believe in a micro approach. Your criticism falls on sand.

The 1920's were a wonderful time to be an American for most of the population. His argument that the decade of the 20's was not good is a silly one. His comment that some rural families had a rough time during the 20's is accurate. I would think that you would have understood that from my post. I won't spend any more time arguing for or against anything that little weasel posted here.

The 1920's were a wonderful time to be an American for most of the population. His argument that the decade of the 20's was not good is a silly one. His comment that some rural families had a rough time during the 20's is accurate. I would think that you would have understood that from my post. I won't spend any more time arguing for or against anything that little weasel posted here.

Some individuals have good times and some individuals have tougher times in every economic instance. The "economy" is not some solid brick (and I know you know this, and don't intend to patronize). Some sectors thrive, other stagnate or fail. The aggregate is what matters, or atleast that's the macro school argument...

Some individuals have good times and some individuals have tougher times in every economic instance. The "economy" is not some solid brick (and I know you know this, and don't intend to patronize). Some sectors thrive, other stagnate or fail. The aggregate is what matters, or atleast that's the macro school argument...

I've got an idea what if there was like a unit, in charge of the economy? And they planned it out so it all balanced out and everyone had a job and all the jobs were functioning in unity. Sounds perfect.