Players blame themselves, not coaching [Williams,Barnett,Kelsay]

uncle flap

although dareus may need it, i agree with 3rdand12 - i think kelsay was calling out mario. i think the veterans collectively would have more easily corrected dareus' behavior as he is just a young 2nd year player - behind the scenes. i think kelsay is calling out mario in a public but somewhat shrouded way as it is probably harder to change the behavior of a $100 million man who has previously been well accomplished.

Well since he mentions no names. Everyone is simply guessing. But if it is 94, and he does have a gimpy wrist, wouldn't the coach after 7 games sit him (or sit him after the "injury" occurred)? Since his play seems to be most of the time a liability for the D.

Mario is known as a bull rusher? Haven't seen that much at all since he's a Bill. I know were thin right now. But what good is playing a hurt player?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this today and i think he is really talking about one person. If thats the case i am damned proud of him.

"“If you aren’t going to give us everything you’ve got you shouldn’t be on the field,” he said. “I don’t care who you are. Obviously I’m not the one to make those decisions because I’m in that mix. I’m not pointing the finger. I’m looking in the mirror myself first and foremost. If you’re not going to, you shouldn’t play "

He is talking about Williams i think. He could be including others.

Regardless of his ability because i dont want to hear any Chris bashing.

I think the truth has come out. Williams is truly skating. At least Anderson hustled all game long.

Whaddya think? Is he calling him out?

Chris Kelsey thinks, someone should call him out for not being good and stealing $$ from me

I don't care if it's someone on the practice squad saying this...if it's true and needs to be said, then say it.

When something goes wrong, people have to be accountable. I hope someone is and gets what's coming to them...be it the bench or get cut.

Agree this team has talent but isn't playing up to it. Someone has to step up and one of the senior players is exactly who should do it.

as much as he has been our whipping boy, i would easily count kelsay as one of the few members of the team who actually care (or at least play like it). as said above, he's a veteran and has earned the right to be vocal. and compared to mario williams, his salary is a freaking bargain - as much production this year compared to mario at a fraction of the cost.

Agree this team has talent but isn't playing up to it. Someone has to step up and one of the senior players is exactly who should do it.

How is calling out a team mate "stepping up"? PublicIy saying these does no good whatsoever. It spreads a culture of chaos.

I would prefer Kelsay stepping up on the field, where he's getting his ass beaten.

As i mentioned i was hoping for no critique on Chris K's play.

He has always towed the line as a team player.

He watches coaches tape.

I wish it was and think it should be Wannstadt. That is the kind of coach i thought we had. A no bull **** guy who wanted all effort all the time and would rip a slacker.

Are we missing that?

Trust in the scheme.... Hell with that. go blow up and own your one on one's and figure it out later

Edited by 3rdand12

Nice to see someone with a sack. This team is swirling the drain right now and needs the Vets to step up and not only say something but make a statement on the field. For all of his faults Kelsay is always trying. Something this defense appears to be lacking right now.

There are so few players that would be worth 100 million. Can't really think of many but it all seemed cool when Williams was signed. Buyers remorse is a sad state of affairs only 7 games into this fat long term contract.

How is calling out a team mate "stepping up"? PublicIy saying these does no good whatsoever. It spreads a culture of chaos.

I would prefer Kelsay stepping up on the field, where he's getting his ass beaten.

This you are wrong on this one. Kelsay holds his end up even when demoted to second string.

Chaos? seriously? what do you think has been going on here. For someone reasonably observant Weo you are blind at times.

There are so few players that would be worth 100 million. Can't really think of many but it all seemed cool when Williams was signed. Buyers remorse is a sad state of affairs only 7 games into this fat long term contract.

It was the right thing to do for Buddy at the time Hell we all were as happy as happy gets.

But.

**** happens. Now clean it up.

Edited by 3rdand12

Kelsay was the only one I really saw get decent pressure yesterday.

There's one way to put an end to this bull ****. Pull the entire team together in a room and watch the film. ALL OF IT. If a guys not giving 100% then it's up the the coaches to call them on it. If they're afraid to do that then they shouldn't be coaching an NFL team.

These guys may not be motivated by the media or fans, perhaps being called out in front of their teammates might do it.

This you are wrong on this one. Kelsay holds his end up even when demoted to second string.

Chaos? seriously? what do you think has been going on here. For someone reasonably observant Weo you are blind at times.

It was the right thing to do for Buddy at the time Hell we all were as happy as happy gets.

But.

**** happens. Now clean it up.

Come on! What purpose does it serve? Now he has to go in the locker room and face his struggling team mates after publicly shaming them? How does this work. Kelsay sucks, he's not holding up anything except poor old Ralph for his money.

My guess is that a guy like Kyle Williams wishes a guy like Kelsay had kept his mouth shut.

There's one way to put an end to this bull ****. Pull the entire team together in a room and watch the film. ALL OF IT. If a guys not giving 100% then it's up the the coaches to call them on it. If they're afraid to do that then they shouldn't be coaching an NFL team.

These guys may not be motivated by the media or fans, perhaps being called out in front of their teammates might do it.

Been wondering all day. Who would get more effect? Coaches or players calling the players on bad play? These guys are not in high school, you can't simply grab their facemask and scream at them.

Come on! What purpose does it serve? Now he has to go in the locker room and face his struggling team mates after publicly shaming them? How does this work. Kelsay sucks, he's not holding up anything except poor old Ralph for his money.

My guess is that a guy like Kyle Williams wishes a guy like Kelsay had kept his mouth shut.

My guess is contrary.

Thank gosh someone said it. Even if it was not directly directed at the semi pro skater M Williams. I am sure it's a shot at Wanny and Chan for not maintaining accountability and discipline with the left hand.

Been wondering all day. Who would get more effect? Coaches or players calling the players on bad play? These guys are not in high school, you can't simply grab their facemask and scream at them.

You cant? well therein lies the problem!

I promise that has occurred every week of the season. Edges are starting to fray it seems. Reminds me of the Kay Stephenson years.

GO BILLS!!!

I promise that has occurred every week of the season. Edges are starting to fray it seems. Reminds me of the Kay Stephenson years.

GO BILLS!!!

I can't believe someone said that. Sadly, you're correct. This was the year we all thought

good things were starting. Now Kay effin Stephenson is being compared! Who would have thunk it?

My guess is contrary.

Thank gosh someone said it. Even if it was not directly directed at the semi pro skater M Williams. I am sure it's a shot at Wanny and Chan for not maintaining accountability and discipline with the left hand.

You cant? well therein lies the problem!

Exactly! This team will only be as good as it's leaders. KW has leader written all over him he just needs to be confident enough to put it out there. On the other hand if Chan or The Stache did what Kelsay did behind closed doors this team might be better off. Its very telling when the vets need to go to the media to get their points across.