Can't put this one on Fitz...

rolly

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its called an INT that lose the game.....I won't even speak of the horrible fumble.

The game finished after the INT? Didn't realize it was a pick-6.

When QBs get drilled from his blindside, fumbles happen. It was a approx 3 seconds when he got sacked, it's not like he was holding onto the ball for 6 or 7 seconds.

You know who also has an awful defense? The New Orlean Saints. But they have a QB that does his best to hide all their warts. Sure, they're 2-4 but if the scenarios were the same, Drew would have marched that team down the field with a minute left and won the game. That's the difference between a mediocre QB like Fitz and an elite QB like Brady or Brees.

You know who also has an awful defense? The New Orlean Saints. But they have a QB that does his best to hide all their warts. Sure, they're 2-4 but if the scenarios were the same, Drew would have marched that team down the field with a minute left and won the game. That's the difference between a mediocre QB like Fitz and an elite QB like Brady or Brees.

Whatever dude. The Saints defense isn't even remotely as bad as the Bills. I'd trade defenses in a heartbeat. Oh and if Fitz had a defense as good as the Saints the Bills record might be 5-2.

Edited by FreakPop

Whatever dude. The Saints defense isn't even remotely as bad as the Bills. I'd trade defenses in a heartbeat. Oh and if Fitz had a defense as good as the Saints the Bills record might be 5-2.

It must be lonely, you know being the last one standing on the Fitz bandwagon. At least you got plenty of elbow room now.

The fact that we are blaming Fitz for the play of our defense thus far is obsurd. Teams make the playoffs all the time with a __________ (insert negative Fitz comment) quarterback all the time. Look at previous seasons in the NFL.... Team defenses can get you to the playoffs and win you games regardless of the quarterback at the helm. (Trent Dilfer, Rex Grossman, Jake Delhomme) All teams had below average / average quarterbacks and their defenses still performed.

Fitz went 27 for 35, 225 yds, 3td, 1int. Freddy and CJ both got 70yds. Stevie had 5 catches for 70yds. These are winning stats for the offense. The defense flat out sucks, no sense trying to misdirect the blame to Fitz. Fix the defense and this team is 5-2. Replace Fitz and this team is still 3-4.

Can't agree more.

My biggest problem with Fitz is that he totally blows in the clutch. He's really only been clutch in two games that I can remember and they occurred in back-to-back weeks last year (Raiders and Pats). Compare that with the games where he has either thrown a huge pick or failed to move the ball in the 2 minute drill to cost us a game (Chiefs, Pats, Bears in 2010; Giants and Cinci in 2011; Tennessee in 2012...just off the top of my head).

Agree with the general premise, though. By most objective measures, Fitz played well enough yesterday to win if we had even a below average defensive performance. Unfortunately for us, our defense is putrid.

The defense can't stop a cab. 4th and 9 and they give up a td. Come on, u can't put the game in Fitz hands with 1min to go. If the D made 1 stop during the entire game, we wouldnt of been in that situation. No Fitz int, No Fitz failed drive. O yeah George Wilson suck, he can't tackle or cover, and he hasn't made a play since we beat NE.

MY 1ST POST

GO BILLS

We had a chance to win bc of Fitz. He was terrific and efficent most of the day. The defense allowed 200 yards rushing again and 35 points again. How many time can Fitz put up 40?

I''m sorry. I totally forgot that with almost a minute left to play, the defense had the ball and the chance to win the game and couldn't even move the ball farther than 8 yards on 4 throws. Stupid defense!

I am not a supporter of Fitzpatrick by any means, but he is not the reason for the outcome today. In fact, he was one one of the few reasons the Bills remained competitive until the end. Yes, the pick was extremely untimely, but overall he was very efficient and made plays when he needed too. 27 points on offense should get the job done.

...which brings me to the defense. Absolutely pathetic. It's actually regressed from last year! If Mario Willliams' injury isn't really affecting his play as poorly as he thinks, he may go down as the worst FA signing in franchise history. Absolutely no push on his end. No desire to win battles.

Kyle Williams is the only guy that shows up week in, week out. The LBs and secondary may be the worst in the league as well. Go ahead, fire all the coaches, change the schemes, do whatever. What it comes down to is that aside from 2-3 players on defense, this unit is the worst in the league BY FAR.

There is enough blame to go around and Fitzy gets his share.

Of his 200 yards passing the ball traveled from his hand to his receiver's hand 30 yards tops.

He is not a starting caliber QB and has proved this time and time again.

The Int was a horrific read and throw.

Yes the defense is on track to be the worst defense in NFL history by allowing the most points per game AND Fitzy is still a loser.

The post is correct. This game is not on Fitz. Tom Brady made almost an identical terrible pass with like 3 minutes in the Pats/Jets game that went thru Cromartie's hands and hit him in the abdomen. Before everyone goes crazy I am not saying Fitz is anywhere near Brady who is arguably the best QB of all time. What I am saying is that QBs if you throw enough passes will throw bad passes.

The Bills should have run as even if you don't get the 1st down you force the Titans to use another time out.

But this game is on the defense. A terrible offense with a back up QB comes into your stadium and runs for 200 yards and had 400 plus yards of offense and paints 35 points on you! It's on the D. George Wilson catches a ball that hits him right in the numbers the Bills win.

34 points is enough to win, plain and simple.

Not defending our D, not a bit. But to be fair to TN, Hasselbeck is hardly what's usually meant by the term "back up QB". 10 years as a starter in the NFL, 3 playoff appearances, trip to the Superbowl. 80-70 W-L, not bad for a lifetime playing on bad teams. "Wiley old veteran with a fading arm" would be my description and IMO he put on a clinic for Fitz in "how to be an effective QB without arm strength in the NFL".

I think it's worth noting here that the Superbowl Bills, to a man, have never pointed the finger at Scott Norwood. They have all consistently said words to the effect, it's a team game and it should never have come down to that FG kick. So I'm reluctant to single out any one player. On the whole, I agree with the philosophy, the Offense put up enough points to win, the D couldn't seem to stop a nosebleed.

But it's also a sure bet, this is TBD home of the passionate haters and someone will put it all on Fitz.

Not sure how anyone in their right mind puts that loss on Fitz. Lord knows he is not a good QB, but the offense put up 27 points which with what special teams contributed should be enough against a bad team like Tenn.

If you want to put specific blame, start here. Gailey, and WannaBe. I am giving Nix the benefit of the doubt that he is beating the bushes behind the scenes trying to find competent replacements.

Not sure how anyone in their right mind puts that loss on Fitz. Lord knows he is not a good QB, but the offense put up 27 points which with what special teams contributed should be enough against a bad team like Tenn.

If you want to put specific blame, start here. Gailey, and WannaBe. I am giving Nix the benefit of the doubt that he is beating the bushes behind the scenes trying to find competent replacements.

Nicely put. At this point there really aren't any more people defending Fitz as a top 10 QB like there was at the beginning of the year. Everyone is on the same page.. so whats the point of continuing to call him terrible? Especially when he had one of his best games of the year.

The Titans were 10-for-16 converting either 3rd or 4th downs. They scored 7 points on each of the first three possessions of the game. In the end, 390 total net yards gashed against the worst defense in the league. And some of you have the nerve to point the finger at anybody on offense for this loss?

Guys, blaming Fitzpatrick for this loss is like scolding your 5-year-old when he crashes the family station wagon after you've given him the keys.

Some of you sad people spend every waking hour of your week saying Fitzpatrick is a water boy, yet you apparently expect him to react like Eli or Drew Brees or Brady on the final drive of the game? Do you guys read your comments before you click "Post"?

I dunno, maybe if the D were to hold Tennessee to a FG on one of their five TD drives, the game would've been ours. Whaddya think? Or perhaps our absent "Senator" George Wilson can catch a ball that hits him in the chest, the game ends with a Hasselbeck INT.

Bottom line, whether you love him or hate him, Fitzpatrick led the team on five scoring drives. For some of you people to still be howling for (and expecting) more from him -- even though we know you know he sucks, and have to suffer your brilliant "Fitzcrappy" comments all freakin' week -- is nothing short of hypocrisy. Or maybe insanity is more appropriate.

Edited by Kaz

So you use a team to support the notion it was not Fitz's fault. The Saints are worse than the Bills.

Did you say the Pat's are horrible when Brady did not get a first down against the Seahawks when he got the ball back with over a minute remaining and only needed a FG to win.

It was NOT Fitz's fault that game was lost. He is what he is....a mediocre QB in the NFL.

He is NOT Brady or Eli or Peyton and never will be. But look at the rest of the league and you see a lot of mediocre QBs who are not necessarily better than Fitz. What many of them do have are GREAT or even good defenses.

I hear people lament the fact Buffalo did not take a QB in the draft. Like who Christian Ponder who threw for a whopping 58 yards IN A WIN!!! He threw for 58 yards and an INT in a win!!

Why? Because they have a great defense in Minnesota.

This game was on the defense plain and simple

No? Really, you can't? Do tell?

Of course I'm going to talk about the INT because it happened when it happened. Absolutely no reason to throw that ball.

Now, lets talk about the last "drive." We get the ball back with 1:03 on the clock and 2 timeouts, down 1 point. We need 45-50 yards to get into FG range. 1st play is a 6 yard pass that takes 20 seconds? Are you kidding me? Then a 2 yard dump & a TO. This followed by two incompletions, one on 4th down where fitz was pressured a bit and doesn't come close to a WR. Game over.

I could name, at least, 25 guys I would rather have had in there. A winner gets it done. Too bad we don't have a winner at the most important position in this game. That situation is what QB's live for!