Fitz Supporters Anonymous - First Meeting

Ok, this thread is ridiculous. First off, Fitz was made to look good by the only other pass D worse than ours in the NFL...I mean why is it Fitz can ONLY have decent or good stat lines against awful defenses? Second, who the hell cares about the rest of the game if you GIVE THE GAME AWAY ANYWAY AGAIN???? That was an awful decision, and an even worse throw. Then with over a minute and 2 timeouts he cant manage more than 8 yards and throws 2 awful passes? I mean on 3rd and short, FJ was WIDE OPEN in the CENTER of the field RIGHT IN FRONT of Fitz for an easy first down and probably 10 more yards...of course Fitz again makes a terrible throw instead because he can not handle the pressure!

This guy has LOST us waaaay more games than he has won. Yes the D sucked today, but the D gave us the game with a 6 point lead! Fitz is the one who GAVE IT BACK and then did nothing with plenty of time, 2 timeouts, and against one of the WORSTS defenses in the NFL

This guy is a BIG problem on this team, as is the D, Wanny, and Chan's horrific game management. Anyone defending him is just too much of a homer to admit what he really is...a career backup made into a starter by a team who has no better options because they refuse to try and find a real QB.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this thread is ridiculous. First off, Fitz was made to look good by the only other pass D worse than ours in the NFL...I mean why is it Fitz can ONLY have decent or good stat lines against awful defenses? Second, who the hell cares about the rest of the game if you GIVE THE GAME AWAY ANYWAY AGAIN???? That was an awful decision, and an even worse throw. Then with over a minute and 2 timeouts he cant manage more than 8 yards and throws 2 awful passes? I mean on 3rd and short, FJ was WIDE OPEN in the CENTER of the field RIGHT IN FRONT of Fitz for an easy first down and probably 10 more yards...of course Fitz again makes a terrible throw instead because he can not handle the pressure!

This guy has LOST us waaaay more games than he has won. Yes the D sucked today, but the D gave us the game with a 6 point lead! Fitz is the one who GAVE IT BACK and then did nothing with plenty of time, 2 timeouts, and against one of the WORSTS defenses in the NFL

This guy is a BIG problem on this team, as is the D, Wanny, and Chan's horrific game management. Anyone defending him is just too much of a homer to admit what he really is...a career backup made into a starter by a team who has no better options because they refuse to try and find a real QB.

Dawg- the problem, as I see it, is Fitz put us in a position to win by putting 30 + pts on the board...Why do I hold my breath on 3rd and long when our D is on the field??? Because we gave 21 pts to an inferior team with bad tackling, no pressure on the QB and bad scheming. As I said, 30+ pts on any other team with a solid/avg defense (Giants or Houston) = a win.

I cant blame this loss on Fitz. He was great all day and made one mistake. The guy isnt perfect, we all know that. The D needs to start playing defense at all in any capacity in a game this year. You cant expect Fitz to throw 5 TDs each week. Rodgers and Brees are the only qbs that do that

Captain, I love your posts and I understand what your saying, but this is his best stat game he has had in a while.

I can't blame him for this loss, but he is a culprit and did give the Titans the ball back.

Your post gave me an understanding, that I am done silver spooning this guy.

Fitz is 13-27 as the Bills starter and I want to see something different.

He is not a Rodgers or a Brees.

He is what he is.

The majority of his passes today were in the 7 yard range.

Agreed, again...I can't see him competing with top QB's.

Rodgers and Brees can manage games and throw 5 TD's and lead a 2 minute drill.

I've hardly seen a Fitz 2 minute drill being a success.

Fitz is a career backup, but he is the starter--but, for how much longer?

Its only a matter of time, when the losing get too much.

He has big issues managing games and has issues throwing over 15 yards--unless it's to a wide open receiver who has to adjust to underthrown/overthrown passes.

I'm awaiting to see yet another Fitz's after game press conference...where in his monotone voice will describe--yet another loss under his belt and how the team needs to see this loss as a learning expierence. :(

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Dawg- the problem, as I see it, is Fitz put us in a position to win by putting 30 + pts on the board...Why do I hold my breath on 3rd and long when our D is on the field??? Because we gave 21 pts to an inferior team with bad tackling, no pressure on the QB and bad scheming. As I said, 30+ pts on any other team with a solid/avg defense (Giants or Houston) = a win.

I hear ya, and sorry for being so pissed, but this loss got to me. The problem with your above post is that Fitz would not and could not hang 30+ points on Houston or the Giants. He had a field day with the only pass defense as bad as ours. Fitz hasnt come close to that kind of stat line against the better teams we have played. He only produces against bad defenses, thats the problem. Not to mention, it does not matter how good you play for 3 quarters if you give the game away and stink it up in the 4th or at the end of the game.

Fitz needs to be good when the game matters. Yes, he did a good job through a large part of the game today, but thats part of ONE game, a game in which we still LOST largely because of his end game play. And this is about the only thing he is consistent at, breaking under pressure.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I hear ya, and sorry for being so pissed, but this loss got to me. The problem with your above post is that Fitz would not and could not hang 30+ points on Houston or the Giants. He had a field day with the only pass defense as bad as ours. Fitz hasnt come close to that kind of stat line against the better teams we have played. He only produces against bad defenses, thats the problem. Not to mention, it does not matter how good you play for 3 quarters if you give the game away and stink it up in the 4th or at the end of the game.

Fitz needs to be good when the game matters. Yes, he did a good job through a large part of the game today, but thats part of ONE game, a game in which we still LOST largely because of his end game play. And this is about the only thing he is consistent at, breaking under pressure.

I hear ya...I look at the Pats game and see a replay (prequel) of what we saw today...good offensive performance- defensive implosion. Tough day on both sides of the ball...mostly on defense IMO but I know what you are saying about the last four mins.

I'm not sure I want to be a charter member of this new organization but blaming Fitz for not always successfully compensating for this teams many other deficiencies is too easy.

That is our governing motto...but it doesn't fit on the back of our t-shirts

We all know that Fitz is not a top "elite" QB and never will be, but what we found out in this game is he isn't a John Elway / Peyton Manning comeback type QB either, and probably never will be. This game Gailey called the game to Fitz's strengths and allowed him to hand off a lot and get into a rhythm, and just manage the game instead of forcing him to shoulder it. Then at the end Gailey reverted to his old ways and just kept calling pass plays, and wanted Fitz to shoulder it again.

You guys can B word about Fitz all you want, for the most part IMHO its Gailey and his bad use of Fitz, along with his thinking of being totally dependent on a backup QB with a bad record to win games for him. Not only has Gailey embraced Fitz fully and placed his job in Fitz's hands. Hitched his wagon 100% to Fitz so to speak when he could have easily drafted a rookie QB at some point the last 3 years or brought in a different free agent QB. Oh wait, he did bring in Travaris Jackson only to keep him inactive every week.

To me Fitz preformed well in this game, 225 yards 3 TD's one INT. the offense scored 34 points. Normally more then enough to win in the NFL. except when you have Dave Wannstooge running the defense.

This year the defense was supposed to be much improved and help the team win, instead its worse then it has been the previous two years under Gailey. If that can even be believed. Yet this year the defense has more talent then when Edwards coached it

Hi, my name is BBF, and I support Fitz

He's the best QB that we have for this season

He is admired by his teammates (at least I haven't seen anything to indicate otherwise)

He understands the offense

He has a mediocre arm but can still zing it 20-30 yds when needed

He has been able to open up a lead against better teams (like the Pats) so I know he has it in him

He can scramble when needed

He will have a better day today (over 250 yds passing)

If any of you guys feel the same way, remember, I'm here for you.

Go Bills

(Two roads diverged in a wood, and I chose the one less traveled...and it has made all the difference)

I take it your wife goes to the Fitz -ALANON meetings ;)