Buffalo weekend - where to eat

KCNC

A buddy and I are coming for the Titans game this weekend. We are staying in the Tonawanda area. What are good places to eat around there? We plan on hitting Duff's after the game in OP since I have heard so much about it on this board, but we are unfamiliar with the Tonawanda area. Don't want to jinx us, but Bills are 5-0 in regular season games that I have been to. Hope the string continues this weekend. Also, parking - where is Hammer's Lot and what time should we get there? Go Bills!

A buddy and I are coming for the Titans game this weekend. We are staying in the Tonawanda area. What are good places to eat around there? We plan on hitting Duff's after the game in OP since I have heard so much about it on this board, but we are unfamiliar with the Tonawanda area. Don't want to jinx us, but Bills are 5-0 in regular season games that I have been to. Hope the string continues this weekend. Also, parking - where is Hammer's Lot and what time should we get there? Go Bills!

Remington Tavern. Located right on the canal. Great bar, good vibe, great seafood.

Id go downtown-ish for some food...Gabriels Gate has excellent BBQ wings, Colter Bay has good bar food, a staple of mine USED to be Fat Bobs smokehouse but the owners (hubby and wife) had a spat and I think the place has gone down hill a bit, but still decent BBQ....a good bar/rest. is on elmwood ave and is called J.P. Bullfeathers (if you like bloody marys, get theirs and have them put a pickle in it, on my god....pair it with the Monte Cristo sandwhich for a true delight)

if your looking to get into the best BBQ place around, you gotta drive out to Cheektowaga (10-15 min from ton.) and go to Kentucky Gregs - awesome, CHEAP bbq

Duffs is a must, will probably be real crowded sunday, but oh well....

all depends on what kinda food ya wanna eat..Buffalo is loaded

Edited by PaattMaann

i got food advice from a guy working at a gas station across from the stadium when we were driving through this summer...and it was great advice! barbills in east aurora for beef on weck and wings. can't imagine what it's like after a game, though. it was jammed lunch time friday in august.

Grover's Tavern for burgers, on Transit north of Maple.

Towne Restaurant for Souvlaki, cor. of Allen & Elmwood.

Ted's for charcoal-grilled foot-long hot dogs. Several locations including one on Sheridan in Tonawanda.

Captain's Cove for Fish Fry, Dick Rd. near the 33. (They closed temporarily, call before you go to be sure they are open.)

Kentucky Gregg's for BBQ. George Urban Blvd. near Union.

Mighty Taco for...well...it's a Buffalo thing.

PTR

Grover's Tavern for burgers, on Transit north of Maple.

Towne Restaurant for Souvlaki, cor. of Allen & Elmwood.

Ted's for charcoal-grilled foot-long hot dogs. Several locations including one on Sheridan in Tonawanda.

Captain's Cove for Fish Fry, Dick Rd. near the 33. (They closed temporarily, call before you go to be sure they are open.)

Kentucky Gregg's for BBQ. George Urban Blvd. near Union.

Mighty Taco for...well...it's a Buffalo thing.

PTR

Rock Bottom (across the street from Grovers) has burgers that rival Grovers.

The Buffalo Brew Pub on the corner of Transit & Main in Williamsville has the best wings I have had in the area. It also has great beers and a great sports bar atmosphere. I highly recommend it.

The Buffalo Brew Pub on the corner of Transit & Main in Williamsville has the best wings I have had in the area. It also has great beers and a great sports bar atmosphere. I highly recommend it.

The stuffed banana? peppers are awesome there also. Very good food with a nice variety and selection of beers on tap.

Rock Bottom (across the street from Grovers) has burgers that rival Grovers.

That's good to know because everytime i am in town and head over the Grover's it's packed. Doesn't matter if i go off peak or whenever,,,packed.