SU Hoops 2012 edition...

The Poojer

I can't fathom how Christmas or Coleman are anywhere near ready for the NBA but Harris and Melo left early so who knows. Fair, if he puts together a spectacular season and MCW only if he gets some bad advice, would leave early.

I think by the end of the season, both CJ Fair and MCW will be "getting some bad advice." I doubt Christmas leaves early due to his lack of offensive game, and we'll have to see about DC.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally was able to see the SU/SDSU game. It was almost unwatchable between the sun, camera angles, and sloppy play.

I don't think I can read anything into that game.

Exactly, hope that they don't do that again anytime soon. No reason to leave the dome until January...I don't care what Gottlieb says about it

If I told you I'd have to kill you. I have some "inside sources" who know people and follow college BB recruiting very closely. I'm not saying it's a done deal, but be sure to be watching ESPNU at 7:00 pm ET for Tyler Roberson's announcement. I trust my sources.

:worthy:

More to come....I'll keep you all posted. I feel that there is a decent chance that Cuse might add one more (Top 5 overall) to the 2013 class.

Do they even have room to sign another for 2013? Is Jimmy counting on multiple guys leaving for the NBA

Do they even have room to sign another for 2013? Is Jimmy counting on multiple guys leaving for the NBA

They do have room for one more, and it's my understanding that they have someone specific in mind. I think they are counting on a couple of players (MCW, DC, RAK, Fair) leaving early for the draft.

Anybody see the Wagner game? Wasn't on any of my tv stations and reporting on the game was pretty light.

SU started a little slow but Triche and Southerland took over. MCW controlled the flow with 11 assists. Coleman, Cooney and Grant got extended PT when the Orange were up big. Cooney can flat out drill the 3. Coleman has really soft hands for his size 275-280. Keita with a career high 15 points.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to see a nationally televised game.

Nice win by Cuse, and lights out by Southerland. Guy is finally playing up to his potential.

Yes but their lack of inside game will catch up with them tournament time.

Yes but their lack of inside game will catch up with them tournament time.

I think DC's offensive game will grow by leaps and bounds as the season progresses. I like what I see from him already with regard to his defense and his aggressiveness. He just needs more game experience to build his confidence. I will agree though...our bigs are good defenders/shot blockers/rebounders, but they are lacking offensive skills.

I don't know if you really need a strong post game to win in college b'ball anymore. If you can drive, shoot, rebound & play defense you can go a long ways with no great teams out there.

This team can clearly do 3 of those things, I think. I'm a little worried about the "shoot" part, Southerland's insane game notwithstanding (which without, we probably lose as JB said). As good as MCW looks I don't know if our backcourt is really a big strength until Cooney shows he's as good as advertised. Triche is a little up&down to be relied on for 32+ minutes against good teams & frankly played terrible in Arkansas outside of that 2minute spurt.

I don't really know yet on Coleman. Dude needs a little Rick Jackson finnesse in his game; like someone tell him it's ok to pass the ball once in a while.

anyone see that drive to the hoop by Cooney last night???? holy cow! and what a game from Jeramy Grant and Coleman as well...slow start, but they started clicking big time. Nice to DaShonte having a decent game as well.

I missed that play by Cooney.....but from what I saw he looked absolutely horrible out there. His shot was WAY off the mark for most of the game, and he kept turning the ball over. Is it just me, or does it look like he's playing scared out there? One positive to note is his defense...Cooney is really active at the top of the zone.

I really liked what I saw from Grant. Great defense, good ability to move without the ball and find openings in the defense, and that no-look dish to Coleman for the dunk was a thing of beauty. It looks like we are going to have quite a log-jam at the forward positions for the next couple years. Good problem to have :thumbsup:

I missed that play by Cooney.....but from what I saw he looked absolutely horrible out there. His shot was WAY off the mark for most of the game, and he kept turning the ball over. Is it just me, or does it look like he's playing scared out there? One positive to note is his defense...Cooney is really active at the top of the zone.

I really liked what I saw from Grant. Great defense, good ability to move without the ball and find openings in the defense, and that no-look dish to Coleman for the dunk was a thing of beauty. It looks like we are going to have quite a log-jam at the forward positions for the next couple years. Good problem to have :thumbsup:

Weird, I thought he looked the opposite of scared, like he's trying too hard to bust out of a slump. Maybe he'll play a bit more naturally now after making a few shots.

Weird, I thought he looked the opposite of scared, like he's trying too hard to bust out of a slump. Maybe he'll play a bit more naturally now after making a few shots.

I'm hoping that you're right. Gerry McNamara was quoted as saying that Cooney is the best pure shooter he had ever seen. I guess I was just expecting the guy to be hitting 5-6 three pointers per game. I have high hopes for Cooney....he at least looked really active defensively at the top of that zone.

This. The commentators even alluded to Trevor's slump and quoted him as saying you just can't play ball with that hanging over your head. He looked like the dome had been lifted off his shoulders after that make. I'd expect some big games from him in the near future. Very surprised to see him rise up and throw one down in traffic. Can't wait to see more from him.

Keep in mind its boeheim...it wasn't a 30 point blow out to him..to him he saw poor defense...poor play from his big men..he knows this team isn't THAT good and they need the playing time.

Rak looked tough...dajuan is good but still raw. Cooney hit some nice shots. Grants a beast. MCW, Triche and CJ can turn it on at will. Sutherland needs to stop focusing on the threes. Keita looks good with some extra bulk. Should be a fun season for us 'Cuse fans!

Nice win against long beach. Again, grant is really impressing me the most out of all the freshmen.

The top of the zone is really fierce too w any of the 3 guards.

The only thing that bothered me-- why wait so long (1 min left) to put the walk-ons in in a 30-point blow-out.

Nice win against long beach. Again, grant is really impressing me the most out of all the freshmen.

The top of the zone is really fierce too w any of the 3 guards.

The only thing that bothered me-- why wait so long (1 min left) to put the walk-ons in in a 30-point blow-out.

I too have been really impressed by Grant. He reminds me of Hak Warrick with range on his jumper. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time, and has a remarkably quick first step to the basket. Not getting carried away, but he reminds me of Dion Waiters in that regard. I think it's going to be pretty hard to keep him off the court this season....even with CJ Fair starting at the 3 and playing remarkably well.

It looks like Cooney has busted out of his slump...he really found his stroke tonight. Played some good defense too. Jerami Grant is going to be a STUD.

I too have been really impressed by Grant. He reminds me of Hak Warrick with range on his jumper. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time, and has a remarkably quick first step to the basket. Not getting carried away, but he reminds me of Dion Waiters in that regard. I think it's going to be pretty hard to keep him off the court this season....even with CJ Fair starting at the 3 and playing remarkably well.

Grant reminds me possibly of a Lawrence Moten - Hal warrick combo. so basically we've compared this guy to three of the best players over the last decade!

When we're tied with Georgetown or down by 3 to Duke with a minute left in the tourney, it's not the walk-ons we're be counting on. If the game is a blow-out Boeheim just sees it as an opportunity to get more practice for his starters and his depth players some quality game minutes. Someone probably reminds him with a couple of minutes left that it would be nice if the walk ons got out there and he begrudgingly puts them in.

The post I made earlier relating to a RUMOR

Certainly disconcerting if true. As far as I know there is no concrete information (as of yet) that MCW was arrested for shoplifting. In fact, I believe that MCW tweeted yesterday that the incident was just "a misunderstanding." Seems out of character for MCW.

EDIT: As it turns out, this "rumor" has been proven false.

http://www.syracuse....ams_not_ar.html

Edited by Beerball

Certainly disconcerting if true. As far as I know there is no concrete information (as of yet) that MCW was arrested for shoplifting. In fact, I believe that MCW tweeted yesterday that the incident was just "a misunderstanding." Seems out of character for MCW.

EDIT: As it turns out, this "rumor" has been proven false.

http://www.syracuse....ams_not_ar.html

Oh it's definitely true. Except he didn't get arrested. He was offered a chance to buy the things and avoid charges and did so. He was caught with items and led out by a "secret shopper."