Fitz or Romo?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romo.

Its like upgrading from a toyota to an acura. An obvious improvement. Both are decently reliable and decently inexpensive to maintain, but the acura is clearly better than the Toyota, seven days a week. But neither says you have arrived.

Until we get a benz, or a bentley, or a jaguar, we are just wasting time.

Careful, there are plenty of Benz's and Jaguars out there that have less quality than some Acura's (and even some Toyotas). Don't just get caught up in the name (i.e. Vick, ROMO, etc.). However, get a Bentley and you're set. Get a Bugatti, Koenigsegg, McLaren and you're winning Superbowls.

Edited by Mark80

Ro to the Mo!

Romo is awesome until it counts. Like playoffs or game 16 vs. the G-Men. That said I'd hook the wagon to him instead of Fitz anyday. Good chance he's available next year too.

As opposed to erractically awesome...so nothing counts?

Edited by Buftex

I'll make this a more realistic discussion.

Fitz, Cassel, or Gabbert? Pick your poisen boys!

And listening to you guys talk down on Romo because he 'chokes', I'd love to hear how you talked about Kelly during the SB years.

Edited by peterpan

I would love to have Romo. I think 5 other teams would love to have Romo too.

And if I had to pick my poison, probably Gabbert, just based on his age.

I'd take Fitzpatrick. Romo has never won anything, and while Fitz hasn't either at least he's 2.5 years younger. If we upgrade the QB position I'd like it to be a rookie who can be the franchise guy for a decade or more.

No doubt people would want a rookie over Romo, but I don't think that was what the OP was asking. Just imagine a QB who could even potentially throw over 20 years. The things we take for granted.... Besides, age matters less with QBs. Even Jeff George is still playing.

Edited by kas23

Romo is awesome until it counts. Like playoffs or game 16 vs. the G-Men. That said I'd hook the wagon to him instead of Fitz anyday. Good chance he's available next year too.

Fitz is never awesome, so it is still Romo by a country mile. Plus the Bills never get to "when it counts" so he would be perfect here!

I'd take Fitzpatrick. Romo has never won anything, and while Fitz hasn't either at least he's 2.5 years younger. If we upgrade the QB position I'd like it to be a rookie who can be the franchise guy for a decade or more.

So by your theory, Fitz is 4 years younger then Brees, 6 years younger then Brady and 7 years younger then Peyton Manning so you would take him over all those All Pros also?