Fitz numbers from Sunday per PFF

cmjoyce113

"Sure he walked away with figures that didn’t disgust the eye balls, but averaging just 4.8 yards per attempt should tell you what he’s become to this offense. An obstacle that needs to be managed so that he doesn’t inflict damage on the rest of the unit. Of his 153 yards, 114 of them came after the catch, and he was lucky not to walk away with a pick with 14:06 to go in the second quarter when William Gay dropped a possible interception. That now makes it four of six games were he’s walked away with a grade in the red."

https://www.profootb...rdinals-week-6/

So Fitz through for 39 yards in the air on 18 completions? I can't even fathom how bad that is. I mean that tells me that every pass he through pretty much was a screen play. It's crazy to think the numbers are that low and the offense is boxed into what Sunday was. I honestly didn't think Gailey would change QB's with numbers that bad but maybe he has to consider something else.

Edited by cmjoyce113

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great find !! Did you send it to Chan ? I don't know that even this would convince him though i hope that some one does !!

I was pulling for Fitz after what he showed last year but since then he has seemed to digress to what he was & not what we thought he would be ..

GO BILLS !!!

"Sure he walked away with figures that didn’t disgust the eye balls, but averaging just 4.8 yards per attempt should tell you what he’s become to this offense. An obstacle that needs to be managed so that he doesn’t inflict damage on the rest of the unit. Of his 153 yards, 114 of them came after the catch, and he was lucky not to walk away with a pick with 14:06 to go in the second quarter when William Gay dropped a possible interception. That now makes it four of six games were he’s walked away with a grade in the red."

So Fitz through for 39 yards in the air on 18 completions? I can't even fathom how bad that is. I mean that tells me that every pass he through pretty much was a screen play. It's crazy to think the numbers are that low and the offense is boxed into what Sunday was. I honestly didn't think Gailey would change QB's with numbers that bad but maybe he has to consider something else.

If Brad Smith would have connected (with someone on our team) he would have surpassed Fitz's non-YAC passing yards on one throw.

If Brad Smith would have connected (with someone on our team) he would have surpassed Fitz's non-YAC passing yards on one throw.

if stephen hawkings wheelchair was on a downhill slope, and someone put a football in his lap, the gravitational force of him hitting a bump in the road would cause the ball to go further in the air than fitz's non yac passing yards.

cut fitz. immediately.

Edited by JohnnyGold

if stephen hawkings wheelchair was on a downhill slope, and someone put a football in his lap, the gravitational force of him hitting a bump in the road would cause the ball to go further in the air than fitz's non yac passing yards.

cut fitz. immediately.

Now that is awesome.

Fitz is not a legit NFL STARTING QB, and Chan finally gets it. i sent the text to my fellow Bills fan cuz saying this very thing about mid way thru the second quarter.

Fitz shold not attempt more then 20-25 passes at most. CJ, Freedie and the D playing tough ar ethe only way the Bills win!

Fitz will have a nice drive or even a nice game every now and then, but he is way to inconsistant.

Chan must ask himself to start each game 'ok do i have the good Fitz or bad Fitz today?'. Think of how that must suck!

Cut Fitz immediatly--L@LZ

This is the third year of Gailey's offense, and you guys haven't yet grasped the concept of getting the ball to players in space? It's not about picking up chunks of yardage through the air--IT NEVER HAS BEEN.

Gailey designs his plays to get receivers/backs the ball in their hands with lots of room to run.

Showing that the majority of Fitz's yards come AC shows success in Gailey's system...

Oh, who am I kidding? Nevermind. Go back to thinking that Nix should have farted out an elite, *franchise* quarterback the moment Kelly retired. Lordy.

Cut Fitz immediatly--L@LZ

This is the third year of Gailey's offense, and you guys haven't yet grasped the concept of getting the ball to players in space? It's not about picking up chunks of yardage through the air--IT NEVER HAS BEEN.

Gailey designs his plays to get receivers/backs the ball in their hands with lots of room to run.

Showing that the majority of Fitz's yards come AC shows success in Gailey's system...

Oh, who am I kidding? Nevermind. Go back to thinking that Nix should have farted out an elite, *franchise* quarterback the moment Kelly retired. Lordy.

and this model has proven to be wildly succesful in winning games in the national football league.

for instance, gaileys win totals in this offense, with fitz as his quarterback, have produced wildly succesful 4 and 6 win seasons, with ONLY 2 of the longest losing steaks in Bills history. It's truly a success story worth marveling at. To think, with a different qb under center, we may only have won 3 and 5 games, or 2 and 4... and we could have had THREE of the longest losing streaks in bills history. its actually quite alarming to think of the disastrous fate that gailey and his super smart qb have saved us from.

also, it's worth noting that franchises with quarterbacks who can air the ball out RARELY experience the thrills of 4 win seasons. the brady's, mannings, rogers, brees, and rothlisbergers of the world, that have combined to win 10 of the last 11 superbowls, and who find themselves at the top of these lists in terms of yards through the air only have rings to show for their efforts - not the satisfaction of having grasped a complex offense built for people with ivy league educations. those ruffians!

and this model has proven to be wildly succesful in winning games in the national football league.

for instance, gaileys win totals in this offense, with fitz as his quarterback, have produced wildly succesful 4 and 6 win seasons, with ONLY 2 of the longest losing steaks in Bills history. It's truly a success story worth marveling at. To think, with a different qb under center, we may only have won 3 and 5 games, or 2 and 4... and we could have had THREE of the longest losing streaks in bills history. its actually quite alarming to think of the disastrous fate that gailey and his super smart qb have saved us from.

also, it's worth noting that franchises with quarterbacks who can air the ball out RARELY experience the thrills of 4 win seasons. the brady's, mannings, rogers, brees, and rothlisbergers of the world, that have combined to win 10 of the last 11 superbowls, and who find themselves at the top of these lists in terms of yards through the air only have rings to show for their efforts - not the satisfaction of having grasped a complex offense built for people with ivy league educations. those ruffians!

Okay, that's fine. Your solution...?

An obstacle that needs to be managed so that he doesn’t inflict damage on the rest of the unit.

That is a very accurate assessment of Fitz's play over the past 14 games. Our schemes now have to be designed to prevent our own QB from hurting us. It's time for management and coaching to drop this stubbornness. It wasn't his ribs last year, in case anyone was still wondering....

Okay, that's fine. Your solution...?

4 possible outcomes to this weeks game:

a) we beat tennessee convincingly (see: kc, week 2)

b) we beat tennessee barely (see: cardinals, week 6)

c) we lose to tennessee barely (see: the jets game, week 15 or 16 last year)

d) we lose to tennessee convincingly (see: weeks 1, 4 and 5 this year)

if b/c/or d happen - jackson gets the start coming out of the bye.

if a happens - jackson gets the start after we come home from the houston game

Edited by JohnnyGold

That pass he missed with FJ that coulda had a first down if not more really pissed me off!!! Right there i said hes done!

That pass broke a lot of Bills fans' spirits.

Not that it was completely surprising - he's been an innacurate mess, but that mess was just too damned much to excuse. It was a pathetically easy pass that could have won the game.

That is a very accurate assessment of Fitz's play over the past 14 games. Our schemes now have to be designed to prevent our own QB from hurting us. It's time for management and coaching to drop this stubbornness. It wasn't his ribs last year, in case anyone was still wondering....

Of course, the problem now is, there isn't anyone else on the roster who can do better. Maybe TJ, but he's probably not ready. After the bye maybe?

My thoughts after this game were just that Fitz had done what he needed to convince Nix to draft his replacement next April, but until then I doubt the Bills have a better option.

Not that it was completely surprising - he's been an innacurate mess, but that mess was just too damned much to excuse. It was a pathetically easy pass that could have won the game.

my wife "watches" 99% of bills games with me.

we live out of market, i buy sunday ticket, we usually watch them together, its fun.

she loves fitzpatrick, hes her favorite player.

that pass, coupled with my frustration... she got it. she saw it. she even knew it was bad. it was not the action of a professional athlete. it was the action of someone who is not capable of completing the functions necessary for him to fulfill the duties of his job.

my WIFE understands this.

fitz is not long for the starter role, and he will be cut this offseason to save money.

That may be right. Bills really can't afford to lose this week though, so I am definitely hoping for b) or a). It's not like Jackson is a long-term answer either.

Did yall notice that on the next play Fitz hit Graham in the numbers that should have gone for at least 10 yards, but he dropped it?

Fitz had a bad game throwing the football, but as usual, he didn't get a lot of help from his WRs.

I also agree with Steve Tasker's assessment that if Donald Duck hadn't been so busy trying to push off Patrick Peterson he probably would have been able to get to the long pass in the 1st quarter. Wether he would have caught it or not we'll never know.

Edited by reddogblitz

And this is a solution because Tavaris Jackson ___________?

doesnt make it good, but anything completed behind the like would have those extra yards after the catch that would skew his stats.

for instance a screen completed 3 yards in the backfield taken for a 10 yard play would be a 10 yard completion with 13 YAC.

but when thats the best you can grasp out, things have gotten pretty terrible.

doesnt make it good, but anything completed behind the like would have those extra yards after the catch that would skew his stats.

for instance a screen completed 3 yards in the backfield taken for a 10 yard play would be a 10 yard completion with 13 YAC.

but when thats the best you can grasp out, things have gotten pretty terrible.

I never considered that before. Now I have to see a screen to Spiller from our endzone just so he can have +100 YAC on the catch.

Disclaimer: I am not suggesting Gailey would be stupid enough to dial up a screen from near his own goal line. Although that pass by Smith out of the Wildcat the other day has me wondering.

GO BILLS!!!