QB's we can make a play 4, Other than Draft

If his name wasn't Mike Vick, you would never say that.

Amen. The guy just isn't very good anymore.

He's also won a grand total of two playoff games in his entire career. Yet, I still see people use the "he's a winner!" talking point in their passionate pro-Vick arguments.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really like any of the QB's coming out of the draft outside of Geno and Barkley. We won't be picking 1 or 2 in the draft either. Let's face it Buddy will not trade multiple picks for a QB. Remember what he said about the Skins trade with the Rams? First he laughed at the Skins saying they gave up to much and said he didn't know how good RGIII was gonna be. If he didn't think RGIII was good enough he definatly won't think Smith or Barkley is good enough. Considering that RGIII was a better prospect then either Smith or Barkley.

Which leads me to my subject, I made a list of QB's I would like to see us go after that are on NFL ROSTERS.

How about Jimmy Clausen ?

Tho' I would tend to agree with others over here and draft our own bust QB

Man this thread needs the "Comedy thread of 2012 Award" so much contradiction... How people say Fitztesticle is better than Mike Vick still boggles my mind. Fitznoodle cant complete a pass more than 10 yards but Mike can that alone would make us better. Matt Moore? Really Matt Moore? Who the hell is that.. Might as well call Rob Johnson I know he's playing PS3 he'll come back. Tony Romo??? How many playoff games has he won again I forgot... Im pretty sure that Jimmy Clausen idea was sarcasm but that was scary sarcasm. Yea we need a QB but throwing out names is heartbreaking I'd rather just draft and hope he's not a bust or bring in Mike Vick for about 3 years till we can get a QB LOL... Oh and Mike has been farther in the playoffs than Fitzafterbirth and Matt Ryan... Just Sayin...

Carry on the Hate for Mick Vick... *grabs T.O.'s popcorn"

Joe Webb is the most intriguing for me. Kids runs like the wind. He has alot of upside. Nice strong arm also. Could possibly be had for a 3rd and 5th round pick.

About the kids coming out in the draft. I'm not sold on Geno Smith. He kinds of reminds of VY. Maybe I'm wrong, but I never like those big 12 QB's most of them don't pan out on the pro level. That conference is always wide open football. No defenses. Matt Barkley is another guy I'm not sold on USC QB'S we know the history there. Tyler Bray, reminds me of Mallet. I think he should go in the 2nd or 3rd round. He never plays well against good comp either. At least Mallet played well vs SEC COMP.

He reminds you of VY??? Throwing the ball, they look nothing alike.

I'm sorry (not really), but your hero Vick has been garbage this year. It has nothing to do with Fitzpatrick or Jimmy Clausen or Matt Ryan.

By the way, if you'd rather have Michael Vick than Matt Ryan on your franchise moving forward, you're as delusional as Vick himself (who does not have a fumbling problem, by the way).

Oh, and Romo has exactly one less playoff win than Vick.

Edited by Kaz

Some other options to throw out there following some of thereasoning that I have seen in this thread:

1. JP Losman throws a really nice looking ball and has a few NFL wins under his belt.

2. Jeff George has a super strong arm and apparently has been itching to get back into the NFL

3. Brian Brohm has a good arm and threw for a ton of yards and looked really good in college.

4. Jamarcus Russell can throw a football over 50 yards on his knees and just needs to get back into NFL playing shape

5. Matt Leinart won quite a few games in college and loves to party.

6.. Dan LeFevour generated a fever here quite a few years back and I'm sure people would love to see him in a Bills uniform.

Vick wouldn't be an upgrade over Fitz. If anything, this would just be a lateral move. Plus, unlike now, we would be required to have a decent back-up QB for when Vick's injured. People need to start realizing Vick is never going to carry a team deep into the playoffs.

Vick may have lost a half a step or so, but your crazy if you don't think he would be an upgrade on Fitz. He can throw better with his non-throwing arm then Fitz can with his throwing arm.

Amen. The guy just isn't very good anymore.

He's also won a grand total of two playoff games in his entire career. Yet, I still see people use the "he's a winner!" talking point in their passionate pro-Vick arguments.

Only two? That is more then this franchise has won since before Jim Kelly retired. One of those wins was the first visiting team to win in Lambeau in about 100 years too. Vick isn't what he was, but still much better of an all around QB then Fitz, and that is just a fact not just talking bad about Fitz, because I really like the guy he just isn't very good.

sounds like the "jump to conclusions" game is in full effect here

to end some of the crazyness i see on here, yes vick looks terrible this year with terrible OL and andy reid's refusal to run Lesean Mccoy however Vick is 10x better than Fitz.............. if you put him in buffalo retroactive to week 1 this team would probably be pretty decent. He does have an arm, which is a good place to start with a qb.

Romo haters? You guys really need to watch Romo sometime the guy is moneybags

Colt Mccoy---yes sir ship him over, he is a slight upgrade over fitz he got a raw deal with no OL or WR's with his one year in CLE.

Cousins and Mallett----yes please, everyone else on that list though no thanks

Romo will not be available ever as he puts up HOF numbers. If cowboys D steps up they win 10 plus games easily.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I don't really like any of the QB's coming out of the draft outside of Geno and Barkley. We won't be picking 1 or 2 in the draft either. Let's face it Buddy will not trade multiple picks for a QB. Remember what he said about the Skins trade with the Rams? First he laughed at the Skins saying they gave up to much and said he didn't know how good RGIII was gonna be. If he didn't think RGIII was good enough he definatly won't think Smith or Barkley is good enough. Considering that RGIII was a better prospect then either Smith or Barkley.

Which leads me to my subject, I made a list of QB's I would like to see us go after that are on NFL ROSTERS.

#1- Jamrcus WEBB- I really like this kid he has some skills. Very fast great runner with a cannon arm. Not the most polished but under the right system like Gaileys. This kid can flourish. I think this kid has a ton of upside.

#2-Mike Vick- If the Eagles don't make the playoffs look for Vick to either be outright released or traded. I would love to have him. I think with our Offensive line we can give Vick the protection he desperatly needs. And under Gaileys system he would be the perfect QB for his offense. Even if the Bills clean house and fire Gailey. I still believe Vick or Webb will still be a good fit.

#3-Tony Romo- Same as Vick. Dallas might be ready to move on after this season. Brings expericence and will be a major upgrade over Fitz.

#4-Kirk Cousins- Big strong armed accurate QB with great leadership skills. I like his poise and passion to be a leader on our team. Kind of reminds me of a young Steve Young.

#5-Ryan Mallet- If the Bills clean house fire ChanNix, I believe this Big strong rocket armed QB will be a great fit in Buffalo. With the windy conditions in Buffalo. This guy can throw threw those winds.

These are my top five the following are on my Honorable mention list.

#6-Chase Daniels

#7- TJ Yates

#8 -Jason Cambell

#9-Matt Flynn

#10-Matt Moore

Ok guys Chime in who would u like to see? If I missed anyone let me know.

I didn`t forget Colin Kaepernick, I just don`t think he will be available for trade. Jim Harbaugh loves this Kid.

If he was on the list he would be #1

Like the list.. Few Notes

1. Historically I think the question on VIck had always been his accuracy and quickness to leave the pocket. Have not watched him enough in the last two years to evaluate

2. Have watched Romo for years (TX) Chandler would benefit from Romo however he would need a complimentary receiver outside of SJ to really be effective (See TO, Dez for comparision)

3. Moving down I am a big fan of Daniels had have watched him since HS. He is a spread QB ran it in HS and at Mizzou and very smart kid. He will be hungry for a start being behind Brees this past couple years. I think he would thrive in Chans offense.

4. JMarcus Webb ?? The tackle? Excuse my ignorance here but I couldn't find him on any NFL Roster.. Joe Webb former Viking yes.. but JMarcus has got me stumpped.

Here's a couple I don't see on the list that may be good too:

Colt McCoy - Never got a fair shake in Cleveland with their swiss cheese OLine and bad WRs

David Garrard - Did take his team to AFC Championship a few years back

Colt -- Weak Arm.. Good Leader.

#1- Jamrcus WEBB- I really like this kid he has some skills. Very fast great runner with a cannon arm. Not the most polished but under the right system like Gaileys. This kid can flourish. I think this kid has a ton of upside.

#2-Mike Vick- If the Eagles don't make the playoffs look for Vick to either be outright released or traded. I would love to have him. I think with our Offensive line we can give Vick the protection he desperatly needs. And under Gaileys system he would be the perfect QB for his offense. Even if the Bills clean house and fire Gailey. I still believe Vick or Webb will still be a good fit.

#3-Tony Romo- Same as Vick. Dallas might be ready to move on after this season. Brings expericence and will be a major upgrade over Fitz.

#4-Kirk Cousins- Big strong armed accurate QB with great leadership skills. I like his poise and passion to be a leader on our team. Kind of reminds me of a young Steve Young.

#5-Ryan Mallet- If the Bills clean house fire ChanNix, I believe this Big strong rocket armed QB will be a great fit in Buffalo. With the windy conditions in Buffalo. This guy can throw threw those winds.

#6-Chase Daniels

#7- TJ Yates

#8 -Jason Cambell

#9-Matt Flynn

#10-Matt Moore

I didn`t forget Colin Kaepernick, I just don`t think he will be available for trade. Jim Harbaugh loves this Kid.

You forgot Skelton

sounds like the "jump to conclusions" game is in full effect here

to end some of the crazyness i see on here, yes vick looks terrible this year with terrible OL and andy reid's refusal to run Lesean Mccoy however Vick is 10x better than Fitz.............. if you put him in buffalo retroactive to week 1 this team would probably be pretty decent. He does have an arm, which is a good place to start with a qb.

Romo haters? You guys really need to watch Romo sometime the guy is moneybags

Colt Mccoy---yes sir ship him over, he is a slight upgrade over fitz he got a raw deal with no OL or WR's with his one year in CLE.

Cousins and Mallett----yes please, everyone else on that list though no thanks

Romo will not be available ever as he puts up HOF numbers. If cowboys D steps up they win 10 plus games easily.

Good point. Even though Vick has worse stats across the board than Fitz playing with a far superior receiving core and a defense that is ranked 23 spots higher than the Bills and has one more win (by a point over a Cleveland team we handled easily and Vick threw a INT in the endzone that was dropped to cost the Browns a win), he is obviously 10 times better. This makes total sense. Btw, what happen when the Bills played vick last year?

I get it. You hate Fitz. But despite all his talent, Vick has been a worse QB than Fitz. In fact for his career, Vick starts out great until defenses learn to defend him. It happened in ATL and since his 8 games start in 2010, he has been a really bad QB.

Eagles are 3-2, other than there win vs the Browns. Which Vick took them on the winning drive.

Vick has lead game winning drives against the Champs (NYG)

And the Ravens. 2 elite teams in the NFL.

When was the last time we have beaten those types of powerhouse teams.

Another thing that's wrong here is who has more talent on Offense the Bills or Eagles? I think this is debatable.

OLines= Bills are way better.

RB's= I like the Bills here by a slim margin. I think Spiller is just as talented as McCoy but we have the edge on 2nd and 3rd backs.

Wr's= Even- I guess Maclin and Jackson is better than our starting 2. But Maclin can't stay healthy at all. I think Johnson is better than Jackson. And as a units we have better depth.

TE's= Even- Celek and Chandler are just about the same.

So where is all this talent that the Eagles have that are so much better than the Bills.

Overall we are better because of our OLine.

At this point I would honestly give up the entire draft for geno smith

If you had to, and the scouts believed he'd be as good in the pro's, then YES. There is just WAY TOO MUCH emphasis put on a draft - one draft, or, rather, the idea of one draft being traded for one player, as being a terrible move that would set a team back for years.

I'll tell you this: if Geno Smith turned out as good as Griffin III, then it would be worth it. What do we end up with with our drafts, usually, anyway? Look at Nix's first draft - Spiller, Carrington, Troupe, Moats, White... my point is, other than Spiller, I'd take a star QB over any and all of the guys we drafted that year. Because, if we need to aquire, say, a LB and a WR as well as a QB next year - we could get the QB with the draft, go get FA WR and LB, and go into camp with a team that still would have many 2nd and 3rd year players. We'd probably be instantly a top 12 team with a better LB and a good QB. (if our D-Coordinator figures things out)

My point is this - even an entire draft for the right QB, who will be here playing great for a decade would end up adding more wins, more strength to this team than that same draft without the QB, and a bunch of Troups, Carringtons, Moats, etc. I'm not suggesting that extreme trade policy for just any player or situation. Ours is unique. We are never bad enough to have the QB land at our spot, and we never trade up, so we just never end up with a QB - and, you cannot win in this league without one (the exceptions to that rule require Genius coaching and a superstar defense - again, which would take as much to aquire as a draft for a QB).

non of these guys. all lateral moves or downgrades. Matt Flynn might have done it for me if he didn't get beat out by Wilson this pre-season.

I think there's a bit of politics involved in regards to who beats who during preseason, especially in regards to the QB position. Who knows if it was even a fair contest. Trent supposedly beat out Fitzpatrick during preseason 2 years ago and we all know how that worked out.

Man this thread needs the "Comedy thread of 2012 Award" so much contradiction... How people say Fitztesticle is better than Mike Vick still boggles my mind. Fitznoodle cant complete a pass more than 10 yards but Mike can that alone would make us better. Matt Moore? Really Matt Moore? Who the hell is that.. Might as well call Rob Johnson I know he's playing PS3 he'll come back. Tony Romo??? How many playoff games has he won again I forgot... Im pretty sure that Jimmy Clausen idea was sarcasm but that was scary sarcasm. Yea we need a QB but throwing out names is heartbreaking I'd rather just draft and hope he's not a bust or bring in Mike Vick for about 3 years till we can get a QB LOL... Oh and Mike has been farther in the playoffs than Fitzafterbirth and Matt Ryan... Just Sayin...

Carry on the Hate for Mick Vick... *grabs T.O.'s popcorn"

Vick's sorry ass would get knocked out within the first 6 games and we would all be clamoring for the rookie QB to come in. Seriously, this guy hasn't won a meaningful game in years even with the way better supporting players he has. Does the Dream Team ring a bell? We all know how that worked out. I don't think people are necessarily saying Fitz is better than Vick, but rather Vick is no better than Fitz. For the purposes of our team, such a lateral move would be meaningless. Why would we draft a QB in the first only to have him sit on the bench behind Vick of all people. What would ever be the purpose of that?

Some other options to throw out there following some of thereasoning that I have seen in this thread:

1. JP Losman throws a really nice looking ball and has a few NFL wins under his belt.

2. Jeff George has a super strong arm and apparently has been itching to get back into the NFL

3. Brian Brohm has a good arm and threw for a ton of yards and looked really good in college.

4. Jamarcus Russell can throw a football over 50 yards on his knees and just needs to get back into NFL playing shape

5. Matt Leinart won quite a few games in college and loves to party.

6.. Dan LeFevour generated a fever here quite a few years back and I'm sure people would love to see him in a Bills uniform.

Come on, your missing Ryan Leaf. He's in much better shape health wise than Manning at this point, so it should work out well.

#6-Chase Daniels

#7- TJ Yates

#8 -Jason Cambell

#9-Matt Flynn

#10-Matt Moore

Love the post as if Fitz lays an egg this year, we won't get a shot at one of the best college guys and will need to bid up a FA. Vick, Romo.. both have years left in this league no doubt and are an upgrade over Fitz. Kaep obviously, that's the kid i wanted in the draft and the knuckleheads passed on him. Cousins, don't know, may find out more on Sunday.. beware the Rob Johnson phenomenon though...