I hate Fred Jackson; Ok not hate, but you know what I mean

Why don't you go watch what happened to his knee and tell me if it's reasonable to expect him to be 100% right now?

For the OP: you can talk negatively about a player as long as we can talk negatively about your unfounded original point based on a minimum of evidence.

I was venting ok. I'm frustrated like a lot of true bills fans.

If I was running the team Cj would be our starter and Fj would be our goal line and situational rb. Total split would look like 75% Cj and 25% Fred.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred looked better than CJ to me yesterday.

Fred was 9 or 29 with a long of 7 and CJ was 7 for 24 with a long of 12. Take away CJ's one good run and he was 6 for 12. WOW !!

And did you see Fred catch that long pass vs the Patsies last week?

I know a lot of people on here want to sit Fred and go with CJ, but I'm the other way around. Give Fred more carries.

FEED FRED

Fred looked better than CJ to me yesterday.

Fred was 9 or 29 with a long of 7 and CJ was 7 for 24 with a long of 12. Take away CJ's one good run and he was 6 for 12. WOW !!

And take away CJ's six other runs, and he didn't do ****. He's a bust, cut him.

The past 24 hours alone we've seen:

1) We hate Fred Jackson and he's finished (not injured, just finished).

2) Fire Chan Gailey

3) Fire Dave Wannstedt

4) Hire Jim Haslett

5) Some a--hole starting a thread "RIP Ralph"

6) Hire Wade Phillips (no problem that he is under contract with one of the conference's best teams)

7) Was Vince Young that bad?

8) Hire Bill Cowher (because we haven't tried that before)

9) Trade for Jason Campbell

10) Hire Mike Nolan

This fanbase deserves a team this dysfunctional.

You also forgot "Tank the season for Geno"

To everyone who is saying they wouldn't trade fred, what if we got a first round pick in return? I'd do it. And its not because he's no good. It's because we're no good.

That's a tough one. I'd probably do it, but not certainly. Package both #1's to move up to the top five (or move higher in the top 5) to get a marquee player.

This team, of course, would do just that...then draft a RB to replace Fred.

Let's summarize: Jackson was told he'd never make it in the NFL, played around the world trying to improve his game and ended up - though hard work and determination alone - being one of the best, if not the best, all around back in the league. He can do it all, pick up blitzes, find small holes, make guys miss, plow through guys, catch the ball - and he does it all at a high level. He's fought off 1st round RB challenges his entire NFL career and come out on top each and every time. The entire team says Fred Jackson is the heart and sole of the team and if there's any player on the Bills I'd tell my son to look to as a role model, he'd be the guy.

FJ is everything I admire in a player. He's the exact type of guy I root for and my mouth is agape that there are people out there how "hate" a player like this.

To top is off let's look at the last game.

Injured Fred Jackson with knee brace still on - 3.2 ypc vs. Niners

Injured Spiller who has 2 perfectly good legs - 3.4 ypc vs. Niners

How can you single out Jackson and say he sucks now? Neither guy is doing much behind this beat up OL.

I'm not ready to run Freddy out of town, but I agree that Spiller should be getting the bulk of the carries. He has excelled whenever Jackson is hurt (which has been plenty the last 21 games btw). Spiller has struggled when the carries are split. He seems to have trouble getting into that rythem.

Cj is a dynamic home run threat who was consistently breaking off big plays before he hurt the shoulder. Freddy may never come all the way back from 2 knee injuries. He's been a warrior for this team, but if Spiller gives you a better chance to win, he needs to be the guy.

He looked like an old man yesterday.

Did anyone else notice this?

Please dont give me his stats, he just flat out looked slow. He needs some red bull big time. All rbs will have decent gains. I'm looking deeper than that. He's on his way out. I want him traded asap.

Im hating this 50/50 bull. It's not good for the team. We are fine with Cj,choice, and the other guy.

Chan, Cj appears to be back in better form. We got a taste of his speed yesterday. He's back. Please play Cj only. Please. He's our only hope right now.

I know it sounds like "I'm the biggest cj fan out there". But really Fred looked slow TO ME yesterday. A slow rb on a bad oline is just asking for a nightmare.

You're Wrong!!!

Fred was the NFL's best offensive players based on yards last year before his injury. Now he's garbage? Let's waive him and see how quick he signs elsewhere and goes to the Pro Bowl.

PTR

This ^

And OP your LACKING b/c you have no idea what TEAM is. Based on your limited view, you must think all the NE backs are the 2nd coming of Barry Sanders b/c they gained sooo many yards the last 2 weeks. Dear God, help us.

Edited by Cville Bills

90%? Really? So he's on track for, what, 50 completions this season?

well 42 two percent of those attempts were poorly thrown balls to Chandler who stretched for it and almost got killed but caught 37% of the time. So alot of the poorly thrown balls have been barely caught. Yes a bout fifty sounds right. fifty accurate throws that let the reciever get some yac or heck a touchdown maybe. At least not lead rec into the safeties coming across for an attitude adjustment moment : (

players play nicked up all the time. all the time. sometimes you gotta do a work around. Fred and CJ create different mismatches. Fred does not depend on the O line as much as CJ does the play calling. Both of them are assets and great players we are lucky to have them right now

The past 24 hours alone we've seen:

1) We hate Fred Jackson and he's finished (not injured, just finished).

2) Fire Chan Gailey

3) Fire Dave Wannstedt

4) Hire Jim Haslett

5) Some a--hole starting a thread "RIP Ralph"

6) Hire Wade Phillips (no problem that he is under contract with one of the conference's best teams)

7) Was Vince Young that bad?

8) Hire Bill Cowher (because we haven't tried that before)

9) Trade for Jason Campbell

10) Hire Mike Nolan

This fanbase deserves a team this dysfunctional.

Great summary. What about Nix Mario an Darius?

Can we at least wait until he's out of the knee brace before we declare him finished?

Yes but Spiller should be starting and I think it is fairly obvious to most people. FJ should be the relief guy after Spiller rips off a 25 yard run. There is no reason to keep Spiller off the field except for being winded. The reason he is not startign is that Gailey has no respect in the locker room. FJ is the sould of the team and he can't disrespect him even if it costs the best player on the team important carries.