I am a Stevie Johnson fan

bills44

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game on Sunday. SJ looked extremely lackadaisical when his number wasn't called.

What a pathetic performance that was!

People also accused him of pouting and sulking during the Browns game.

However, a couple days later they showed him on SoundFX on NFLN from that game, and on the sideline HE had Fitz, Jones, and Chandler huddled up and was adamantly describing the coverage Cleveland was running and how they were all rolling to him which meant Jones and Chandler could get the ball. He was effectively ordering Fitz to throw to the other guys. I believe his exact words were: "When I go up this way, they all come to me, which means these guys (pointing to Jones and Chandler) can eat all day. Feed them all day!"

I believe he is frustrated with Fitz's inaccuracy and his new hesitance to throw the ball immediately. But he is not sulking about not getting the ball enough. Nor is he not trying when it's going to someone else.

That comment pisses me off bigtime

It's not like this came from no where. Dude has been under attack for days and this was simply his reply to personal attacks and threats. Anyone can only take so much. It would be nice for the "fans" to suck it up and show some class. Remember when the Bills supposedly had "the best fans in the NFL"?

Edited by DrDareustein

However, a couple days later they showed him on SoundFX on NFLN from that game, and on the sideline HE had Fitz, Jones, and Chandler huddled up and was adimantly describing the coverage Cleveland was running and how they were all rolling to him which meant Jones and Chandler could get the ball. He was effectively ordering Fitz to throw to the other guys. I believe his exact words were: "When I go up this way, they all come to me, which means these guys (pointing to Jones and Chandler) can eat all day. Feed them all day!"

I believe he is frustrated with Fitz's inaccuracy and his new hesitance to throw the ball immediately. But he is not sulking about not getting the ball enough. Nor is he not trying when it's going to someone else.

Yes I believe that Johnson is one of the few leaders on this team, that segment showed that.

However, a couple days later they showed him on SoundFX on NFLN from that game, and on the sideline HE had Fitz, Jones, and Chandler huddled up and was adamantly describing the coverage Cleveland was running and how they were all rolling to him which meant Jones and Chandler could get the ball. He was effectively ordering Fitz to throw to the other guys. I believe his exact words were: "When I go up this way, they all come to me, which means these guys (pointing to Jones and Chandler) can eat all day. Feed them all day!"

Yes, he's a consummate pro on the field...which is why I'll forgive his antics and occasional twitter stupidity. Because I don't give a **** if he's a clown or not, and I don't need him to be good at PR. I just want to see him catch the ball and score touchdowns, or enable others to do the same.

Doesn't make his tweets any less brainless, though.

oy vey, Stevie

Stevie Johnson ‏@StevieJohnson13

I know most of "yall" live vicariously thru me; so when I lose it makes your life 13x more miserable than it already is. Well... TOUGH ****!

It's 100% true and it's what turns fans into a holes. For some reason, fans think because they pay money to go to a game, they are on the team. Well, you're not. It's not different than going to a concert or a movie. It's entertainment.

But because fans have that stupid mindset, they think they can lash out on players over twitter, cheer injuried players, or vandalized a college kid's house (like they did with Georgia's Aaron Murray). For some fans, their team is their whole life and it's freaking sad. I love the Bills probably too much but I have perspective. Personally, I'd love for one player to show up at tough talking twitter fan's house. The majority of fans are great but there are some loud idiots that make entire fanbases look bad (see some threads on this board).

It's 100% true and it's what turns fans into a holes. For some reason, fans think because they pay money to go to a game, they are on the team. Well, you're not. It's not different than going to a concert or a movie. It's entertainment.

But because fans have that stupid mindset, they think they can lash out on players over twitter, cheer injuried players, or vandalized a college kid's house (like they did with Georgia's Aaron Murray). For some fans, their team is their whole life and it's freaking sad. I love the Bills probably too much but I have perspective. Personally, I'd love for one player to show up at tough talking twitter fan's house. The majority of fans are great but there are some loud idiots that make entire fanbases look bad (see some threads on this board).

The craziest/saddest part is that on Facebook, these people have their real names, real pics, and all their personal information up and STILL choose to represent themselves with some of the worst comments I have ever read. Crap that I wouldnt even post here under an anonymous online profile. It's mind boggling and pathetic.

The craziest/saddest part is that on Facebook, these people have their real names, real pics, and all their personal information up and STILL choose to represent themselves with some of the worst comments I have ever read. Crap that I wouldnt even post here under an anonymous online profile. It's mind boggling and pathetic.

My biggest mistake is looking at comments of people on news articles or random strangers tweets. Social media is amazing but unfortuntely, it gives a voice to people who shouldn't have a voice. If I was an NFL player who was married (single guys probably use it to hook up with groupies), I would never have twitter. Why would I want some loser be able to run their mouth to me over a computer screen?

It really sucks because most people are good fans. But like politics, it's the loudest voices that get heard the most.

It's not like this came from no where. Dude has been under attack for days and this was simply his reply to personal attacks and threats. Anyone can only take so much. It would be nice for the "fans" to suck it up and show some class. Remember when the Bills supposedly had "the best fans in the NFL"?

:thumbsup:

Sad thing is, from what I understood from SJ on Schoop & Bulldog yesterday, the players are discouraged from being too verbal on the sidelines... to me, that might be a little what this team needs...Gailey can chirp all he wants, but if some is dogging it (and I am not claiming that is necessarily the case) nothing gets someone going like their peers calling them on it. I am not saying we need to have the "bickering Bills" all over again...but the "bickering Bills" were winning, and on the cusp of being a dominant team...maybe that inspired them some.

Funny thing is, it almost seems like the same problem the Sabres have had for years...

Totally agree...If we as fans think it's obvious Fitz is not the guy, how do you think these guys who are professionals feel about it deep down?...Then you have to go out and basically lie in every interview telling everyone it's all roses and cotton candy...It's NOT easy...Especially when you're competitive and talented...You think Stevie does not understand what kind of production they could have even with a Kid like Luck or RG3, let alone a Manning or Brady? It's bound to get worse before it gets better with Fitz...Just the way it is... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

:thumbsup:

Sad thing is, from what I understood from SJ on Schoop & Bulldog yesterday, the players are discouraged from being too verbal on the sidelines... to me, that might be a little what this team needs...Gailey can chirp all he wants, but if some is dogging it (and I am not claiming that is necessarily the case) nothing gets someone going like their peers calling them on it. I am not saying we need to have the "bickering Bills" all over again...but the "bickering Bills" were winning, and on the cusp of being a dominant team...maybe that inspired them some.

Funny thing is, it almost seems like the same problem the Sabres have had for years...

And that IMO is the thing that bothers me the most. A blowout is awful but a lack of emotion is inexcusable. Get a 15 yard penalty, yell at each other, but just do something. Football isn't met to be play calmly. Just show some fire.

I give SJ13 a lot of credit. He made two posts to FB yesterday, and the usual ultra-aggressive idiots came out in full blast. He handled them well, didnt argue back much, and just asked that they keep profanities off his page.

One of the posts he made was this pic, with the caption: "We have to get this train back on the track. #mobbmeeting with Donald Freddie and Cj"

47552_368775863204854_179843216_n.jpg

Am I the only one wondering why our four weapons on offense are not having this pow-wow with the guy who is supposed to get them the ball? Somewhat telling that they're meeting WITHOUT Fitzpatrick, isn't it?

Just an update. Stevie has been a bit more active with the Tweets recently. Looks like he is responding in a positive way to all the criticism and has challenged himself to prove the haters wrong. Good way of handling a lot of negativity.

http://wgr550.com/two-bills-drive/14470699

The following series of tweets is from Bills WR Stevie Johnson @StevieJohnson13:

(The first is in response to a barrage of negative comments on both Twitter and Instagram)

12:44 AM

I know most of "yall" live vicariously thru me; so when I lose it makes your life 13x more miserable than it already is. Well... TOUGH S***!

12:48 AM

iKid iKid.. Pipe down. Seriously tho ppl I'm active on Twitter and [instagram] so I see nearly all the comments. I understand the frustration.

12:53 AM

I Never talk football on twitter. However, all the negativity I've gotten. I'm using it as a challenge. I Will Change Your Opinion about Me.

12:57 AM

I Promise I will work harder. Win, Lose or Draw I will make you happy that U got to watch me play. Whether its 0 or 10 catches. #7thRdStevie

1:06 AM

F*** these injuries, unfortunate situations, judgment/criticism, etc. etc. blah... I'm going back to being Me.

1:09 AM

Aight, no more direct football tweets for the rest of the season for me. Y'all take care. Challenge is Set. Goals are Set.

I really like Stevie's competitive fire and unwillingness to settle for bad play. He has implied recently that he wants to show more of this but is being tamped down by someone.

I find it surprising that more players on this team don't have Stevie's attitude. With the Merriman and Moorman releases, Buddy has established that you perform or you are gone no matter who you are, and I would think that would help build an impatient mindset among more of the players.

I really like Stevie's competitive fire and unwillingness to settle for bad play. He has implied recently that he wants to show more of this but is being tamped down by someone.

I find it surprising that more players on this team don't have Stevie's attitude. With the Merriman and Moorman releases, Buddy has established that you perform or you are gone no matter who you are, and I would think that would help build an impatient mindset among more of the players.

Playing on a team that has now entered NFL history books two weeks running and, not in a good way. I would hazard a guess that some starters would welcome being cut, and go to a team that actually has a chance.

Am I the only one wondering why our four weapons on offense are not having this pow-wow with the guy who is supposed to get them the ball? Somewhat telling that they're meeting WITHOUT Fitzpatrick, isn't it?

They did invite him, but his car ran out of gas and stopped a few houses short of where they were.