seriously.. whats wrong with the D

markgbe

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They played two better teams (Teams that went to their respective championship game last year) and lost....Previously they played two lousy teams in Kansas City and Cleveland and won... Moorman's loss has had zero impact on this defense. The coaching is bad all around. I believe this team has enough vocal leaders in Barnett and Williams. The problem is both of them are playing lousy at this point of time. They have no credibility to question the rest of the team.

The point isnt' Moorman impacting the defense. The point is that the release of Moorman may be indicative of an internal issue within the team and how that issue may impact the dynamic in the locker room, the relationship between players and coaches, between coaches and upper management, etc. The biggest reason even talented teams don't succeed is internal strife of some kind and we are far from talented at most positions on defense. Many things have to come together in addition to having a great QB, great offense, and dominant defense. Team chemistry simply can't be ignored. If the release of Moorman or the events that led up to his release affected that somehow it could impact things on the field.

You will get no argument from me on how bad the coaching is on that side of the ball and how poorly anyone on that side of the ball is playing. First and foremost that's an issue of putting average talent levels in positions where that lack of talent will be exposed. And that's exactly what happened in our three losses. Poor coaching and average talent is not a good combination.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

1,200+ yards in two games and nearly 100 points. what's wrong? holy crap - EVERYTHING.

the sad thing is that a couple of years ago, 80% of our draft was defense...Dareus was a top pick...Gilmore was a top pick last year...and the defense is gettting WORSE. Nix has to go. Wanny needs to resign/retire. PERIOOOOD.

The point isnt' Moorman impacting the defense. The point is that the release of Moorman may be indicative of an internal issue within the team and how that issue may impact the dynamic in the locker room, the relationship between players and coaches, between coaches and upper management, etc. The biggest reason even talented teams don't succeed is internal strife of some kind and we are far from talented at most positions on defense. Many things have to come together in addition to having a great QB, great offense, and dominant defense. Team chemistry simply can't be ignored. If the release of Moorman or the events that led up to his release affected that somehow it could impact things on the field.

You will get no argument from me on how bad the coaching is on that side of the ball and how poorly anyone on that side of the ball is playing. First and foremost that's an issue of putting average talent levels in positions where that lack of talent will be exposed. And that's exactly what happened in our three losses. Poor coaching and average talent is not a good combination.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm starting to wonder if there is something to this.

PTR

this defense has talent. we just need some emotion. we need them to want to play for each other, not the fans, not coaches, they need accountability in the locker room. they need to work as a team, a unit. we need a firey, emotional defensive leader that backs it up on the field, and holds the other guys accountable for their play. we need a headhunter. a mean nasty woman slappin guy with like 8 kids and dosent even know their names. the kinda guy that carries a unregistered gun into nightclubs. we need a real bad dude in there, a linebacker would be perfect. would change the whole tone of this defense. santa, are you listenin?

GO BILLS!!!

Well said, I think there is some strife inside the locker room that nobody is talking about. I heard Kirk Morrison say on Fox Sports last Friday that what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room. Something happened and we are seeing the after effects of this strife.

I agree that Barnett is probably our strongest LB. I have also come to the conclusion that good coaching breeds good players...Barnett got here 2 years ago from Green Bay. When's the last time we coached, groomed and placed a high quality LB on the field as a rookie??? Poz?? I see Hightower playing well, Upshaw, and why our players don't excel leads me to believe we don't have the coaching staff to bring them along internally (hence the reason we go out and pick players up via FA).