The Gailey Era Is All But Over

I think the Bills need to keep everyone of these coaches in place until there is a new owner. No coach worth anything will come to this team right now. This team gets blown up when a new owner arrives. Let the current bunch of misfits play it out until then. This organiztion is a joke. When new ownership is in place, they hire a real GM and then he can hire the head coach, etc. etc.

Hahahahaha ...another fan that thinks the bills will be in Buffalo after Ralph passes......a new owner will be relocating this team ASAP

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All he has to do in my opinion is to have a reasonable showing late in the season.

If he manages to pull out another 6-10 I suspect he will be the head coach next season.

I may be wrong but I believe Chan has to make a drastic move today to save his job.

We Will see.......

Please be easy on me this morning but if Chan can do this, I keep him as head coach

#1 Waive, yes waive Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyler Thigpen today

#2 Move Tarvaris Jackson to #1 with a limited game plan and bring in a quality Backup.

I still believe the defense will be fine if Buddy Nix shakes up the team.

We simply need a new direction... :doh:

What does Chan Gailey need to do today to save his job?

A quality backup? Like TT, VY and TJ? Yeah, Chan's really good at that.

And what on earth do you imagine Buddy would do to "shake things up"?

All Chan has to do to keep his job is to keep Ralph alive indefinitely.

As the say on the chapelle show. WRAP IT UP.

Fitzpicksix and grandpa gailey are done. At least I didn't buy a new jersey this year

And freak pop. Fitz is garbage give up your it's not fitzs fault crusade. He's trash. Tannenhill and weeden laugh at fitz's skilset.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Being a Bills fan = masochist.

It is not just that they are losing, it is that they are setting records for losing along the way. It is like each week a new team gets to surpass team records by moving up and down the field with little resistance. This is utterly embarassing!

What is that old saying, doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result is insanity?

I am not that knowledgeable about defensive schemes so I have no answers, but the Bills coaches are not inexperienced and they don't seem to have any answers either.

One thing that is happening in the locker room has to be that some guys are beginning to question whether they are being set up for failure. I just can't believe that the athletes on other teams are so rediculously better. At this point I tend to blame the coaches, but firing coaches is a sure way to write off the season.

They are not simply losing, they are getting embarassed big time. I am always optimistic during training camp and pre-season but I no longer believe. I didn't expect them to win in SF (or against the Pats) but I sure wasn't expecting embarrasment of these proportions. I honestly think a college team would do just as well against the Jets, pats, and 9ers.

Edited by rpmfla

I find giving up >1000 yds in 2 weeks to be more pathetic, myself.

One could argue "interceptions" last week, this week though, the D managed most of those 621 yds they gave up for themselves.

I kinda thought giving up >1000 yds and ~50 pts/game for 2 weeks in a row constituted an admission to the Detroit brass that they were horribly wrong, all by itself

Yes, clearly. I just meant the season isn't over yet and things might change. But again, we saw no evidence of that.

What in thee hell does Fitz or Tyler Thigpen have to do with that worst ever record setting bad defense?

3 points is still better then what the Jets did... and if the Bills had a power running game it wouldn't even be close to being as bad as it is.

Chan Gailey, all he wants to do is throw throw throw, Fitz is his man!

I may be wrong but I believe Chan has to make a drastic move today to save his job.

We Will see.......

Of course firing him is also predicated upon finding someone else, hopefully better, that will take the job.

That situation is what brought Gailey to Buffalo in the first place if you remember.

I saw that and my reaction was that he was a beaten man...he seemed to simply have no answers anymore

What's that all about ? Your team is getting gouged and you'r standing there with your arms folded ! Damn it, you're the head coach, get in someone's face!! Parcells he is not!

He's all but done. Two games in a row like yesterday after losing streaks of 7 and 8 games the first two years. Unfortunately he's in over his head as a HC. Time to make a change and the sooner the better. This team is going nowhere with him as HC and I was a big supporter. This year has convinced me that he will never be able to get this team to where it needs to be. May as well cut your losses now.

it's not Chan's fault that Fitz is the best QB on the roster.

it's not Chan's fault that Fitz is lousy throwing a deep ball.

it's not Chan's fault that once injuries hit the starting O-line, we chit the bed.

the biggest problem on offense is a lack of a FRANCHISE QB.

i would NOT fire Chan at this point, i think that would cause more problems than it cures.

Wannstedt deserves to be fired immediately, but i would do it in two weeks during the bye week.

Holy crap, of course its all Chans fault...CHAN PICKED FITZ and has stuck with him

Chan didn't draft a rookie QB the last 3 years...

Chan hasn't brought in adequate competition for Fitz in free agency

All Chan wants to do is throw the ball, Fitz is more then happy to oblige

I really believed Dave Wannstedt was going to be an improvement... I totally bought into the Defense and all the upgrades made in the off season... I thought Chan would be a good head coach.... I must have been on drugs!!

Me too Horse. I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I am each and every week watching this team get destroyed. They are in a downward spiral like the ones that led to 7 and 8 game losing streaks the past two years. May as well tank the rest of the season like Indy did last year and draft the best QB possible. Oh yeah and let's start next year with a new coaching staff as well.

in reality all they have to do is win this week and they are back to .500. from there its 7-3 or even 6-4 to have a real shot at a wildcard. so on one hand, its not as far off as it might seem

on the other hand, the losses have been so brutally bad that you have to question the coaches ability to teach. theres just no way this talent level should be getting blown out that badly. if they get another beatdown this sunday then the whole staff will be on a short leash

i think the bills regroup and get a win in arizona. they may be the worst 3-1 in quite a while and the bills will be maximally motivated. if they cant get super focused for this game, then yeah the season will be perilously close to imploding already

Suck it up Bills fans, better days are ahead.

I understand part of the proposed stadium renovations is to engrave this in stone on the satdium wall as it has been the motto of Bills fan for more than a decade and is actually the only thing which keeps them coming to games.....

What in thee hell does Fitz or Tyler Thigpen have to do with that worst ever record setting bad defense?

3 points is still better then what the Jets did... and if the Bills had a power running game it wouldn't even be close to being as bad as it is.

Chan Gailey, all he wants to do is throw throw throw, Fitz is his man!

Every part of the team is connected.

If the defense doesn't believe in the offense then everybody struggles.

Gailey has no visible emotion. I wish we had a coach like Harbaugh who is always pacing around and yelling about the smallest things. He cares about every little thing. At the same time, I can see why at a certain point, Gailey could do no more than just stand there, defeated. The problem is he kind of looked like that early in the game.

Please be easy on me this morning as I am more aggravated today then any Buffalo Bills season

If Chan Gailey can do the following, I keep him as head coach

#1 Waive, yes waive Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyler Thigpen today

#2 Move Tarvaris Jackson to #1 with a limited game plan and bring in a quality Backup. I like Stephen McGee (just a suggestion)

I still believe the defense will be fine if Buddy Nix shakes up the team. I believe 90% of the problems on Defense are connected to the Quarterback situation hurting the team.

We simply need new direction... :doh: Suck it up Bills fans, better days are ahead.

What does Chan Gailey need to do today to save his job?

I agree we need to at least sit some of the starters to show them their jobs are not safe just b/c they have been deemed as a starter . Mario included .

Coaching should go to old tape of players & look how they were used when they were productive .

OH & on defense BLITZ A LITTLE WOULD YA !!!!!!! I've not seen one dialed up this year !!!