enough already with the hot pink

mrwilson60

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand the argument of "why do it for 4 weeks". It doesn't really bother me per se, but it is a little bit of overkill on one issue in a country with so many other problems, both health related and other.

On the flip side - just because there's a lot of issues doesn't mean organizations or individuals should be faulted for putting a focus on one.

Even if reaching out to female viewers to make money is a primary objective of it.

I think it's a cynical bid by the NFL to buy into the national breast cancer lobby and curry favor with the public. Certainly wearing pink socks will do nothing to prevent a single case of cancer.

It would be far more meaningful for the league to have colonoscopy awareness month (brown?) than glomming onto the Breast Cancer Awareness industry.

I think it's a cynical bid by the NFL to buy into the national breast cancer lobby and curry favor with the public. Certainly wearing pink socks will do nothing to prevent a single case of cancer.

It would be far more meaningful for the league to have colonoscopy awareness month (brown?) than glomming onto the Breast Cancer Awareness industry.

And in the long run - it does no harm. I don't mind one bit giving a gesture of support with this.

The NFL is being cynical here how?

I can understand the argument of "why do it for 4 weeks". It doesn't really bother me per se, but it is a little bit of overkill on one issue in a country with so many other problems, both health related and other.

I have no problem with the breast cancer awareness month and the pink stuff. (Although some do - see pinkwashing.)

I would like to see prostate cancer awareness get some play from the NFL with some of the powder blue stuff. MLB does that on Father's Day and it wouldn't hurt to help raise some awareness and funding for prostate cancer research. Prostate cancer is just as serious for men and breast cancer is for women, but way behind in research and funding.

i agree with the original poster 100%

hell, 1000%

if it was for 1 week, absolutely.

or the super bowl even.

but 4 games?

thats a quarter of the season.

the bills wear pink half as much as their away jerseys.

doesnt that seem a tad excessive.

essentially, pink becomes as much of an alternate color in our jersey scheme as white.

nay, essentially, pink becomes as relevant a color in jersey makeups than the home color of the jersey, for every team in the league.

this really doesnt seem excessive for anyone else besides me and the OP?

i find that hard to believe...

Edited by JohnnyGold

i agree with the original poster 100%

hell, 1000%

if it was for 1 week, absolutely.

or the super bowl even.

but 4 games?

thats a quarter of the season.

the bills wear pink half as much as their away jerseys.

doesnt that seem a tad excessive.

essentially, pink becomes as much of an alternate color in our jersey scheme as white.

nay, essentially, pink becomes as relevant a color in jersey makeups than the home color of the jersey, for every team in the league.

this really doesnt seem excessive for anyone else besides me and the OP?

i find that hard to believe...

I agree!

The NFL is being cynical here how?

It is the premiere awareness program in the country, yet very few women make up the NFL demographic. It's an easy PR win for the league but it's a largely meaningless gesture in their hands. They are buying a month of "We Care".

They would have a much more meaningful impact on fan health if they championed men's health issues--they have a captive audience.