enough already with the hot pink

mrwilson60

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect your opinion about the NFL going a bit over the top with Breast Cancer Awareness but it is a very common disease that potentially could affect half of the population of the planet, and the better looking half at that.

My wife is a recent Breast Cancer survivor and without the likes of the NFL and so many other organizations out there bringing this disease to light, i could be without a wife and my children could be without a mother right now. Anything that the NFL does regarding this is a positive for everyone.

I'm sorry for your wife, but can we be real here? The NFL going overboard with this crap isn't saving any lives. In fact, 4 weeks probably has less impact than 1 because it no longer stands out.

Having a breast cancer awareness week & things like that to remind people to get checked is great. But at some point it becomes absurd. To follow the argument to it's logical conclusion, they should wear the pink all year long.

How about we have a college/high school marching band competition starting a month before the SB. Do it in an American Idol fashion with the competitors sending in videos. Nothing better than a good ole fashioned kick ass marching band. That way 98% of people who don't give a **** about marching bands can use the restroom, get some more food and catch up on some boozin'

I said this last year'! That would be awesome...seriously...

i actually get upset when i don't see players wearing pink and there seem to be quite a few....

I respect your opinion about the NFL going a bit over the top with Breast Cancer Awareness but it is a very common disease that potentially could affect half of the population of the planet, and the better looking half at that.

My wife is a recent Breast Cancer survivor and without the likes of the NFL and so many other organizations out there bringing this disease to light, i could be without a wife and my children could be without a mother right now. Anything that the NFL does regarding this is a positive for everyone.

Having a breast cancer awareness week & things like that to remind people to get checked is great. But at some point it becomes absurd. To follow the argument to it's logical conclusion, they should wear the pink all year long.

Considering the new rules pushed by NFLPA I am not sure that is a bad idea.

I have a much bigger problem with the monthlong pinkwashing thats going on right now.

So agree. It is totally ridiculous that teams screw up their uniforms for fully 1/4 of the season - and for what? The chance to show off that they are contributing something like 5% of their proceeds to a worthy if highly overemphasized cause.

So agree. It is totally ridiculous that teams screw up their uniforms for fully 1/4 of the season - and for what? The chance to show off that they are contributing something like 5% of their proceeds to a worthy if highly overemphasized cause.

And how about some yellow ribbons for prostate cancer awareness? You know, the cancer that 1/6 men will get in their lifetime...

think pink....

breast CANCER AWARENESS !!

if it was only one week, we probably wouldn't be talking about it (therefore, ineffective).

4 weeks worth of CANCER AWARENESS is effective !!....we are talking about it.....it's working......