First Time in 43 Months Unemployment Drops to 7.8%

3rdnlng

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, who here believes this number?

How convenient.

What the report doesn't state is that 90% of the jobs were created in Obama's Employment Data Manipulation Department. I'm sure this all won't get revised down in December.

So the numbers are only accurate when they are bad??? Not that 7.8% is blowing anybodies socks off, and that Part-Time work is ideal for most, but it is good news......

Just in time for the election, 873,000 people get jobs. Only 114,000 were created, but why quibble over a measly 859,000 jobs?

Must be all the people Obama hired to find some dirt on Mitt, because he knows now he can't beat him in a fair fight.

So the numbers are only accurate when they are bad??? Not that 7.8% is blowing anybodies socks off, and that Part-Time work is ideal for most, but it is good news......

One of the reasons I wish I could be a liberal is because liberals have the best excuses and shortest memories. If you talk about personal accountability, they say you're selfish and only care about yourself. If you suggest 115,000 part time jobs dropping the unemployment below 8% a month before a presidential election is pretty ridiculous, they say you put partisanship over country.

The problem is that liberals don't live in reality, so I couldn't exist there long.

Meanwhile, this is the first time I've seen so many people yelling foul. From Jack Welch on Twitter: Unbelievable jobs numbers..these Chicago guys will do anything..can't debate so change numbers.

The problem is that the guy looking at quick headlines sees a big drop the month before the election and thinks "Oh, things must be getting better." Here's hoping that person is stupid enough to ignore Senate and Congressional races.

Unemployment figures are doctored, it didn't start with Obama it's been going on a long time and it's not just unemployment numbers it's inflation numbers, GDP, life expectancy, trade numbers etc etc etc and outside of government it's corporate earnings, the value of assets, oil reserves etc etc, and it's not just an American phenomena it's world wide.

Participation rate and Population-Employment Ratio also increased.

This is a good report despite just 114k new jobs.

Core unemployment remained steady at 14.7%, so you do have to question some of BLS statistics.

Participation rate and Population-Employment Ratio also increased.

This is a good report despite just 114k new jobs.

We shouldn't read too much into a single jobs report. It's a step in the right direction, but this economic crisis wasn't created overnight, and we've still got a lot of work to do.