Everyone needs to settle a bit

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, we all need to settle down, but not why you say/think!

We need to settle down on the playoff talk and thoughts that the Bills are a division contender or playoff team

We need to settle down all those high expectations we have, every freakin' year!

1. Until they get a GOOD quarteback that can play at the high level needed to compete in the NFL, they are screwed. Believe me I have defended Fitz many times, but I find it harder and harder.

2. Still can't stop the run against division opponents only, it seems. Gotta be coaching. Didn't get time to review, but it looked like nickel and 2 deep zone entire second half, no adjustment to get pressure on Brady.

3. Runnuing game seemed to be working good enough for me, why call so many passes for Fitz, you would think we were down by 28 in the first half. I just don't get it. Coaching again, just my opinion.

Look...when you are at the one yard line, don't you think you should go with:

a.) The biggest halfback who can bust a move into the end zone?

b.) Corey McIntyre who weighs a zillion pounds and can force it in?

c.) The large size qb Ryan Fitzpatrick a la Bart Starr in the Ice Bowl?

d.) A back coming off a shoulder injury who the coach has called a "waterbug"?

Answer: anything but d

That was mind boggling. And truly a momentum changer.

How about 10 years of crappy football? People have every right to complain about this team. There should be no excuses and yet even after an embarrising loss people come on here and say it's only 2 games or the season is long. It's been over a decade and we should demand better.

Right to complain? Why? You get to vote with your remote and your wallet. That's it..

There are no excuses for losing either, but this is a spectator sport and entertainment. If winning a superbowl is all that you find enjoyable, you have the wrong team and even if you picked a new team every year you would be disappointed more often than not.

I come on here critiquing the game because I enjoy the chess match. I like to hear post game analysis and speculation.

Embarrassing loss? Not to you. You don't keep the hybrid nickel dime on the field and get run all over for 250 yards. To them sure.

Will things change? They might, and they might not. That goes for next week and next season.

The minute you start hanging your well being, emotional state and life for that matter on something over which you have no control, you can expect all of those things to be out of control.

It is one loss. They have a tough road stretch now. They blew a golden opportunity to take command of the division. I am interested to see the response. They could win next week, and they could lose as long as they make it entertaining I'll watch...

I was happy they ran it would have liked to see Freddie on the goal line but maybe he could not drive off of his knee. I would love to see McIntyre get carries but who knows if he is any more sure handed. Remember F-jazz fumbled too from a good hit too. You can Monday morning qb that call but in hindsight it was not a rediculous playcall, or player, just a rediculous fumble.

Right to complain? Why? You get to vote with your remote and your wallet. That's it..

There are no excuses for losing either, but this is a spectator sport and entertainment. If winning a superbowl is all that you find enjoyable, you have the wrong team and even if you picked a new team every year you would be disappointed more often than not.

I come on here critiquing the game because I enjoy the chess match. I like to hear post game analysis and speculation.

Embarrassing loss? Not to you. You don't keep the hybrid nickel dime on the field and get run all over for 250 yards. To them sure.

Will things change? They might, and they might not. That goes for next week and next season.

The minute you start hanging your well being, emotional state and life for that matter on something over which you have no control, you can expect all of those things to be out of control.

It is one loss. They have a tough road stretch now. They blew a golden opportunity to take command of the division. I am interested to see the response. They could win next week, and they could lose as long as they make it entertaining I'll watch...

Well put. And I will only add, if they didn't break your heart they wouldn't be the Bills.

It's tough to tell people to settle down when on some level, they probably feel like they were lied to (so far).

Many expected the Bills to compete for the division, beat division foes, and have a dominant defensive line that would make us like the AFC East version of the Giants, a team that tortures Tom Brady. That clearly, demonstrably, has not been the case so far. (Also, many expected Fitz to play well "again" since his ribs have healed.)

Thanks to the Op for attempting to calm the seas. You are a good fan and care about us all.

We all have basic fanship between us . but the details of how we each feel are some times different 20 Years. I lean toward the Homer. I see the reality of it too. hard to hide eh?

I am wishing them to win. I want them to win. Ralph deserves a win. Me too.

But on the other hand i am furious with Wannstadt. And Fitz. For different reasons.

But i will mention again that this is the setup for the season. We cannot even find another coach if we want to dump DW. We cant get rid of M Williams and we have no one that can play QB and salvage anything. we are kinda screwed like that i think. oh well.

But Sunday was a heartbreaker. Just awful.

Something is missing. so many good individual parts. young but still. Some of these guys should just be blowing stuff up all game long.

lets keep em fresh and move em around Dave. and run alot Chan. just run please. even Choice what the heck, right?

go bills ' '

PS A swift kick in the ass is in order all around IMHO!!!!!

Edited by 3rdand12

Are you kidding me?

This team is an absolute disgrace. It's sickening to watch a bunch of losers represent our city and they don't even try. F'n pathetic. 2 division games and we get absolutely destroyed! We didn't just lose those games, we were beat down, crapped on, then laughed at! Tom Brady calling us bitches in our own house and there was barely a peep from anyone!! Nothing! This team is no different than any of them over the past 10 years. A outright joke and they don't deserve to represent our city. If Brady laughing at you and calling you a B word in your own stadium doesn't put you right through the roof, you should be cut from the team today.

4 games in and Mario Williams hasn't done a friggin thing. I'm not calling him a bust yet but it's close. He has been handled easily by average right tackles and wasn't double teamed or chipped. Horrible.

RTB

I hear ya! What burns me is we are playing a Niners team this weekend that was worse than us not too long ago, and now they are contenders, and the Bills are stuck at being pretenders (and I'm giving them some slack at that!)

and have a dominant defensive line that would make us like the AFC East version of the Giants

Be careful what you wish for.

Bills current defensive rank: 27th

Giants defensive rank last year: 27th

No, it was two games against Division rivals in which they got blown out. You can't win a division that way.

It was a game where CJ should have sat out and given FredX a chance to regain his mojo.

we arent winning the division we are getting a wild card

Be careful what you wish for.

Bills current defensive rank: 27th

Giants defensive rank last year: 27th

chiefs currently have the #1 ranked offense - stats lie we get caught up in fantasy numbers. Our version of who is a top QB is based on Fantasy crap

Just curious what everyone expected our record to be at this point. I'm an optimist and predicted 3-1, losing to the Pats. I just saw an ESPN NFL preview where they had us at 11-5, but starting at 2-3.

Look, I was as pissed as anyone. Awful collapse and 2 divisional games hurts. But a loss is a loss whether it's by 1 or 24. 12 games left and I'm going to try and enjoy them and hope the moves every fan liked this offseason start paying off.

Until the Bills get a QB that can go toe-to-toe with Brady they are never winning the division.

Well where is that QB? You realize we are talking about 6th round pick who has become arguably the greatest QB ever? Those guys are easy to find.

And again, as limited as Fitz is, he still was leading Brady by 2 tds in the 3rd quarter. The supposedly "upgraded" defense led by 2 top 5 picks blew the game.

Well where is that QB? You realize we are talking about 6th round pick who has become arguably the greatest QB ever? Those guys are easy to find.

And again, as limited as Fitz is, he still was leading Brady by 2 tds in the 3rd quarter. The supposedly "upgraded" defense led by 2 top 5 picks blew the game.

Too bad a game is 4 quarters long. The d stunk, no question, but wouldn't it be nice to have a QB who could take apart a defense like Brady does. You can like it or not but as long as Brady is playing the Bills will be also-rans in their own division.