Who will be HC next year?

Curious to know what people here think about hiring Bill Polian as GM. I know the common thought is that the Polian/Wilson breakup was so bitter it couldn't happen, but based on many recent interviews with Polian, his Wall of Fame induction and related speech - they've long since patched things up.

So with the idea that it could happen, is this something people here would WANT to happen? Trying to win using regimes from the past usually doesn't work, but I do like the idea of Polian coming in to grab a franchise QB. He's picked some good ones in his past.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/06/chris-polian-catching-more-blame-for-the-state-of-the-colts/

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please forgive any speeling errors...

Chan Gailey

Jon Gruden

Jay Gruden

Brian Billick

Rex Ryan

Rob Ryan

Jim Tressel

Marty Schottenheimer

Tony Dungy

I did not include "the chin" because I don't see any possibility of him coming to Buffalo. He will be in Dallas next year.

Please add your nominee...

I will go on the record and say it will be Jay Gruden. His dad will not be lured away from TV and Cincinnati may be one of the few worse franchises to work for in the NFL.

If we believe Nix, it will be Chan Gailey

I'm aware of this issue. Finally found the article where Polian seems to say he'd like the job if it was open:

http://scottpitoniak...s-up-again.html

Scott Pitoniak works for WROC-TV in Rochester, so it's not a bad source. It's intriguing to me because Polian can get another GM job somewhere...GMs with 6 SuperBowl appearances are hard to come by. I'd say he's the highest profile GM that would consider taking the job, son issues aside.

Edited by disco

The only thing I will say if I was a betting man(what am I talking about I am a betting man) Gailey will be here next year. He has a built in excuse that no coach can win with Fitz(of course shouldn't he be held accountable for hitching his wagon to Fitz?) & they also have an obvious scapegoat in the Stache who will be axed shortly after the New year. In addition, I don't think the Bills want to risk the humiliation of going through another coaching search & having all these promising coordinators turn down their interview request because you know head coaching opportunities in the NFL are so easy to come by.

With that being said though, it is going to be a tough sell on the fan base & season tickets to bring back Gailey. That may force Wilson's hand.

We could keep the 4-3 & half our D has played in his system.

It makes the most sense to me....Which means nothing with this Organization I'll admit...Chance are though that The Bills sleepwalk, keep Gaily, and Fewell gets a HC Job elsewhere...That would be more probable based on everything I see from this sordid bunch... B-)

Don't want to be a downer but I think writing is on wall this teams not long for western NY. Ralphs lack of visibility I take to mean his health is failing. And he hasn't budges an inch on not selling the team until he passes. There's no long term commitment to buffalo, and the woefully inadequate stadium can't get upgraded without it .even more problematic is the local yocals obstructing a viable Niagara falls relocation, which IMO is the only way to get a competitive bid to keep them in WNY.

What I see in the cards is a team that's losing out, won't make any management / coaching changes, and it quickly sold off to an LA bidder when Ralph passes, which could be any time now. With a reasonably good depth of talent , high draft slot and cap space to address needs at qb and LB, and no mega legacy coaching contracts, they will represent a compelling proposition for a new LA owner, attracting top tier GM/coaching talent.

So all this "whose going to be buffalos next head coach" is really a waste of time unless the unexpected happens and an unforeseen strong commitment to wny happens soon.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

The writing is on the wall for us and everyone knows it. It almost seems to me as if this team is being major leagued. This organization is so inept that it seems like a setup at times. I mean C'mon man how can u take a corner back in the second round that has no flexability and seems like a better fit as an average safety then a Big smart storng armed QB that can run like a RB and is very intelligent Kaepernick scored over a 40 on his wonderlic test.

Not to mention that the refs never call the game fairly when we play no matter what. I never seen a Dline that gets held like ours and we never hardly see the call. I'm used to it now. Today when we forced that fumble on Wayne the refs didn't even bother to review it as if it was to much for them to do. That's there freaking job! WTH IS GOING ON ON THE NFL ITS SET UP

I think Chip Kelly will get a chance to try and run his offense at the pro level, and Buffalo already has several of the key pieces in place to do it.

Whether or not he'd be interested in the job, and if Nix would be willing go stake his career on another "experimental system guy" is another story entirely.

I think I'd like to see it happen out of morbid curiosity.

Lets start are search and i'm all in for Brian Billick As he brings a new attitude to the team and like his emotion as a head coach and unless chan stays but if not Mr. Billick is my choice !

I wanted to hire Brian when we hired Coach Gailey. He would bring instant credibility when he walked into the first team meeting wearing his SB ring. I'm thinking that and him being a good coach could put us over the hump. I'm on board.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/105917-brian-billick/page__st__20__hl__billick#entry1717810

Edited by reddogblitz