Video Game Virgin: What's the first game you remember playing?

Fezmid

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember the game, but it was on a Magnavox Odyssey

My first memory is of something called "Odyssey", too...not sure if it's the same thing you're talking about, but this one had these plastic-like films that went over the tv that had images on them. Like one was a haunted house and the lights on the screen would correspond with rooms in the house. I dont remember how it all went, but that's my earliest memory. My most vivid early memory was going home with an Atari 2600 in hand with the game space invaders. I played that for hours and hours...freaked out the first time I flipped it. I suck at video games now, but I was a monster on that 2600.

It was on a Commodore 64. I don't remember the name of the game, but I've been looking for it for awhile. It was a space shooter game that's an overhead scene. You're a small fighter and on each level, you fly onto a large ship and you have to destroy targets.

Otherwise there was Pacman, Wolfenstein, and Galaga. All of which I've actually got now on the iPad3....

These are still the only real computer games that I can manage. Played Zelda: A Link to the Past a lot during summer vacations in WNY with a cousin as a teen, and after that cold turkey and then games got so complex I can hardly play. My nephew had all the consoles and had a dirt bike racing game and It was all I could do to get it around the track in a quarter of the time as he did. Every time he passed me he'd say, "Lapped ya, Uncle James!" I'm not as old as some of you on here who fart dust, but I feel it some days.

Edited by UConn James

Like most here Pong was my first game. I ended up with Intelivision instead of Atari. Better graphics but it didn't have asteroids. My father worked at IBM so we were lucky enough to have to PC's in the house, back when a PC cost as much as a used car.