Posluszny Article

Hate to say it, but too bad we had to switch to that 3-4... i think he would be a nice asset to this defense. but ya cant keep them all

Yea that drove him away, I liked him but didn't like his soft tackling and too many tackles down the field, maybe he has gotten better down there.

He always seemed to get swallowd by blockers, I was never a huge Poz fan

hell just froze over, we just agreed on something :P

Then you must be anti Super Mario too.

You must be anti super good play.

I'm not sure which code we're violating by being critical of Poz. Great, he's the heart-and-soul of a defense that--through 3 games--has given up a 28th ranked 412 yards per game en route to a 1-2 record.

Sounds like he's reprising the exact same role he played in Buffalo: great attitude, great work ethic, ****ty team, impossible to say whether or not he'd stand out on a team that can actually play. But, since he's all they got, it's a great story for the media to glom to and prop up the local fan base. It's like we're in 2008 all over again.

They finished 6th last year while playing with the worst ranked offense in the NFL. http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/byteam?group=Defense&cat=Total&conference=NFL&year=season_2011&sort=1129&timeframe= That's pretty damn impressive. Poz is a very solid football player.

My point is that we offer blame the solid players during times when our teams sucked (Poz, Fletcher, Evans, Whitner, Schobel). Those players were never the problem with the team yet they would get blamed for all the failings.

Amazing how good former Bills become when they leave.. I always believed Poz and Whitner were solid draft picks.. But like a previous poster stated.. You can't keep them all!!

Please refer to the career of Hatoli Ngata regarding the Whitner pick.

Then remember the Bills gave up a third round pick to move up and draft Poz. Horrible. Absolutley horrible.

He got tackle numbers but I don't remember anything significant that he did here, no big plays. He was so so... the Jags overpaid.

Here's my question to you... besides Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis, what MLB/ILB makes the "big plays" you mention? Just curious, because tackling is priority #1 for any MLB.

we never won a thing when he was here, and in games where we HAD to have him (when we were 5-2 that year and playing the jets, or later that year on MNF against the browns at home, or the next year in the opener against the pats) the defense could never make stops.

say what you want about him being a great guy, or its not HIS fault that our d couldnt make those stops, but if they guy wants 50 million dollars, and to eat up THAT much of an organizations cap space, he better damn well take the blame for our failures.

our defense was 24, 19, 14, and 31 while he was here.

you want revis money? you shut down sections of the field like revis.

Hate to say it, but too bad we had to switch to that 3-4... i think he would be a nice asset to this defense. but ya cant keep them all

Poz never impressed me, but we didn't have a great line in front of him. That said, Barnett is a huge upgrade on Poz IMO, both for playing ability and for 'knowing how to win'

It's too bad we switched to the 3-4 because we sucked at it, we never really had a good fit of personnel, and it kind of wasted some draft choices and FA signings that we could have used to better improve a 4-3.

Edited by Hopeful

Here's my question to you... besides Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis, what MLB/ILB makes the "big plays" you mention? Just curious, because tackling is priority #1 for any MLB.

Exactly, you took the words right out of my mouth. MLB's don't usually lead the league in interceptions or sacks, they are supposed to be tackling machines, and Poz was and is, just like London Fletcher. Shows you how some people spout out about things yet dont' have a clue what they are talking about.

Exactly, you took the words right out of my mouth. MLB's don't usually lead the league in interceptions or sacks, they are supposed to be tackling machines, and Poz was and is, just like London Fletcher. Shows you how some people spout out about things yet dont' have a clue what they are talking about.

Exactly. And the general consensus here is that Nix/Whaley/Gailey have made good personnel decisions. So, in spite of how off-the-mark posters at TSW might be, if those three didn't think he was worth the money, and that rookie Kelvin Shepherd could do his job as well, if not better, then it's them I trust.

Exactly. And the general consensus here is that Nix/Whaley/Gailey have made good personnel decisions. So, in spite of how off-the-mark posters at TSW might be, if those three didn't think he was worth the money, and that rookie Kelvin Shepherd could do his job as well, if not better, then it's them I trust.

Not sure that is the general consensus. But even if true doesn't mean they've made the right move in every Case. Merriman and troupe a couple of undeniable clunkers, for example. In poz's case I think it was more than just money. I dont think they expressed to him any real great desire in keeping him or appreciation for his skills. If they had I bet they could have resigned him for less before he even hit FA market. I don't think hes elite like lewis (used to be) just that he's meaningfully better than shepperd and playing behind that line would have provided the presence we need in the LB corp to be an elite defense.

In poz's case I think it was more than just money. I dont think they expressed to him any real great desire in keeping him or appreciation for his skills. If they had I bet they could have resigned him for less before he even hit FA market.

According to all the stories when he signed with Jacksonville, Poz was offered the same money to stay but felt it was a better fit to play for a 4-3 team.

So monetarily speaking the Bills certainly expressed the same desire to keep Poz as Jacksonville did to court him.

According to all the stories when he signed with Jacksonville, Poz was offered the same money to stay but felt it was a better fit to play for a 4-3 team.

So monetarily speaking the Bills certainly expressed the same desire to keep Poz as Jacksonville did to court him.

So all those in this thread saying he left for the money are wrong? That was my understanding too. Would like to see the articles/sources saying he was offered matching deal from bills

Sure, why not?

Well since you said "all the stories" said Bills matched Id at least think you'd quote some. I googled it and found:

"He said, 'OK, I accepted it. They offered me more,'" said Jackie Posluszny, his mother. "He was just so surprised what an unbelievable offer that he got from them. He accepted it and he was thrilled to death."

The Bills came close to matching the offer ... More importantly, he felt wanted by Jacksonville.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville....m#ixzz27vumFxFF

Couple things here: They didn't offer "same" like you said, but "came close to matching." Id like to see "close" quantified as it's not just stated value of contract, inludes upfront, guaranteed, other clauses etc. But whatever not the "same". Says more important than the money he felt "wanted" by Jags, implication being not so much by Bills. Again, consistent w/ my recollection. If they really wanted him they would have made it clear both monetarily and all the touchy feely stuff.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Well since you said "all the stories" said Bills matched Id at least think you'd quote some. I googled it and found:

"He said, 'OK, I accepted it. They offered me more,'" said Jackie Posluszny, his mother. "He was just so surprised what an unbelievable offer that he got from them. He accepted it and he was thrilled to death."

The Bills came close to matching the offer ... More importantly, he felt wanted by Jacksonville.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville....m#ixzz27vumFxFF

Couple things here: They didn't offer "same" like you said, but "came close to matching." Id like to see "close" quantified as it's not just stated value of contract, inludes upfront, guaranteed, other clauses etc. But whatever not the "same". Says more important than the money he felt "wanted" by Jags, implication being not so much by Bills. Again, consistent w/ my recollection. If they really wanted him they would have made it clear both monetarily and all the touchy feely stuff.

Nothing in any of those articles about wanting to play in a 4-3?