Posluszny Article

Good for Poz. I thought it was a shrewd business move letting him walk for the money he was being offered on the FA market, but glad to see him getting some recognition with his new team. The guy always played hard, and handled himself like a pro. Wish he could have played behind a real D-line here in Buffalo.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always liked Poz and thought he got a bad rap around here. I would have loved to see him behind Dareus and Williams. But him choosing the Jags left a sour taste in my mouth. No problem with a player leaving for money but to go to Jacksonville is like going to Siberia.

I do find it funny that 2 guys who got criticized here for always tackling 5 yards downfield (Poz and Fletcher) are both playing well on their new teams.

I was a Poz fan when he was here. And when he was here, we complained constantly about how he just wasn't good enough. So now that he's not here, and is on one of the worst teams in the league, he's magically become great and would be the missing piece to being elite? Just more proof of the "anybody is better than our own guys" mentality we have around here. Never mind the guy in question was ours at one point and we deemed him not good enough then.

Seriously this. I was never a big Poz fan and thought we downgraded from London Fletcher who was still playing at a high level years after we let him walk. As for whether Poz would make us "elite" well consider that if we re-signed Poz we probably would not have gotten Barnett and Barnett is a better player than Poz

Pox was good but injury prone...Sheppard is starting to come into his own..

I thought too but when you look back its not really the case. He missed a good part of rookie season with broken arm. But after his 2nd break he was back on the field in 5 games. Don't think he's missed a game since. If that makes him injury prone to the point of giving up on, then same can be said for m Williams, kyle Williams, mckelvin, Barnett, and others.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I'm not sure which code we're violating by being critical of Poz. Great, he's the heart-and-soul of a defense that--through 3 games--has given up a 28th ranked 412 yards per game en route to a 1-2 record.

Sounds like he's reprising the exact same role he played in Buffalo: great attitude, great work ethic, ****ty team, impossible to say whether or not he'd stand out on a team that can actually play. But, since he's all they got, it's a great story for the media to glom to and prop up the local fan base. It's like we're in 2008 all over again.

Hmm. Me thinks it sounds more like most people do not understand the position he played. Barnett is no Poz. They are completely different positions.

That's fully understood the main point that is being made, is had we kept poz we're not signing Barnett. So the question becomes would you rather have Barnett/Shep or Poz at mlb and another olb of lesser value than Barnett. Personally I'd rather have Barnett/Shep . Personally from what I've seen of Shep in college and now he's much more of a thumper than Poz would ever be.

I'm not sure which code we're violating by being critical of Poz. Great, he's the heart-and-soul of a defense that--through 3 games--has given up a 28th ranked 412 yards per game en route to a 1-2 record.

Sounds like he's reprising the exact same role he played in Buffalo: great attitude, great work ethic, ****ty team, impossible to say whether or not he'd stand out on a team that can actually play. But, since he's all they got, it's a great story for the media to glom to and prop up the local fan base. It's like we're in 2008 all over again.

And we'll never get to see that. We're not violiting any codes. Poz was a average lb on a lousy team. We've had better lb's before him and better lb's after him. He was a draft choice to replace a guy we should've kept. The old bills mantra of creating holes just to replace them rather than building depth. Just think where we would be now had we Kept Fletcher and drafted for depth rather than to replace fletcher.

I liked Poz but the almighty dollar and a lousy coaching scheme pushed him away.

Now come the Poz haters.

Not gonna find a Poz hater here. In my opinion, there has never been a more classy player to wear a buffalo on the side of his helmet, nor a harder worker. That failed attempt at a defensive scheme that the Bills didn't have the personnel to run forced him out of town, but he would have been an animal on this defense. A tackling machine ala, London Fletcher. It is guys like Poz that you have to route for even after they leave Buffalo.

Look, I'm happy for him. I really am.

But it's kind of like finding out that your college sweetheart has found someone while you've been shacking up with a someone hotter and lower maintenance. Sure, it would be better to have both at the same time, but probably not worth the inevitable spending.

I posted same earlier few days ago. Think he'd be a significant upgrade over Sheppherd and maybe all we'd need to be elite ... better sideline to sideline lateral mobility and more physical. Just what you need in a 4-3 MLB

Poz more physical than shep? I don't see that. I think poz is better reading runs and getting to holes, but shep is bigger stronger and has made some big stops I've never seen from poz.