Last Time NE Patriots lost 3 straight games....

SACKMARINO

I'm a bit worried about handling the Patriots when they'll obviously be playing with a chip on their shoulders after losing two in a row on the last play of the game, especially without the benefit of having our two biggest offensive playmakers. On the plus-side for us is the fact that Patriots offensive tackle Nate Solder should be suspended for several games for kicking a player in the head, Aaron Hernandez is out with an injury, and the game will be played in Buffalo.

If we are going to win, I can't stress enough how important it will be for us to get a two score lead early, and let the crowd take over the game. Another important aspect will be for our young team to play incredibly physical, but to stay under control. Penalties, especially on defense, will kill us. We can't give a motivated Tom Brady extra chances to pick our young secondary apart. Thirdly, the Patriot defense is young at several crucial positions in the front 7. Our offensive line needs to punch them in the mouth and dominate them, stealing from them their willingness to play and their ability to compete. Lastly, we need good Fitz to show up. We cannot turn the ball over at all and expect to win this game. If we can manage to do these four things, we have a much better than 50% chance of walking off the field with a "W".

If we had Fitz from the beginning of last year and this team behind him, I'd say it's most likely a win. However, I'm doubting less and less each game we will see that Fitz ever return. I think he is too caught up in his mechanics and trying to make a switch and overthinking and the result is worse than what we used to have. 34-21 Pats.

The Patriots defense is awful. The offensive line is in shambles. They just need to find a way to stop Welker. We won't get to Brady often. They won't let him take 7 step drops or stand in the pocket waiting for deep patterns to develop. The DB's need to hit Welker at the LOS and sit in short zones just like opposing defenses do to Fitz. Gronk will get his yards because it has been pre-ordained that Buffalo can not cover TE's. Someone needs to light Welker up on a crossing route. I would line up A. Williams across from Welker. He is strong enough to reroute Welker and quick enough to stay with him. Double him up with a MLB - Sheppard in the base or Barnett in the nickel. And then hope the refs call it fair and we get our share of holding calls. There is no way that O-line can stop our front four.

If we had Fitz from the beginning of last year and this team behind him, I'd say it's most likely a win. However, I'm doubting less and less each game we will see that Fitz ever return. I think he is too caught up in his mechanics and trying to make a switch and overthinking and the result is worse than what we used to have. 34-21 Pats.

I don't know if I really agree with this. Last year's Fitz wasn't that far ahead of where he is now, the only difference is that we're asking less from him because the run game has been that much better. I would argue that since the first half of the Jets game, he's been more protective of the ball and thus just as valuable of a player. In 2 of the first 3 games last year we also had to mount considerable comebacks, thus forcing the offense to throw more against deep coverage. This season we have only been in that position during the Jets game.

2011 (Week 1-3):

Pass Yards: 841

Rush Yards: 20

TDs: 7

INTs: 3

RAT: 105

Comp %: 64.9% (111 attempts)

2012 (Week 1-3):

Pass Yards: 581

Rush Yards: 52

TDs: 8

INTs: 3

RAT: 98.1

Comp %: 58.1% (86 attempts)

If Fitz has another game like he's had these last two weeks, especially in a winning effort, then everyone will be signing a much different tune about him.

I'm a bit worried about handling the Patriots when they'll obviously be playing with a chip on their shoulders after losing two in a row on the last play of the game, especially without the benefit of having our two biggest offensive playmakers. On the plus-side for us is the fact that Patriots offensive tackle Nate Solder should be suspended for several games for kicking a player in the head, Aaron Hernandez is out with an injury, and the game will be played in Buffalo.

If we are going to win, I can't stress enough how important it will be for us to get a two score lead early, and let the crowd take over the game. Another important aspect will be for our young team to play incredibly physical, but to stay under control. Penalties, especially on defense, will kill us. We can't give a motivated Tom Brady extra chances to pick our young secondary apart. Thirdly, the Patriot defense is young at several crucial positions in the front 7. Our offensive line needs to punch them in the mouth and dominate them, stealing from them their willingness to play and their ability to compete. Lastly, we need good Fitz to show up. We cannot turn the ball over at all and expect to win this game. If we can manage to do these four things, we have a much better than 50% chance of walking off the field with a "W".

They were "playing with a chip on their shoulder" this week! They lost. It can't go on forever, they are still good, but they have some serious weaknesses too. I can't stand the attitude of Bills fans that are scared of the Pats because it makes me think the team is thinking the same way, Eff that team! The Bills are trying to maximize their own potential, regardless of the opponent.

If Our O Line and more importantly D Line play as well as they did yesterday, we have more than a chance at winning. Cleveland's O Line is a lot better than they are given credit for, I would say they are even better than the Pat's front five.

we need to come out 3-2 in these next 5 games. thats where our season will be defined. it starts sunday...

I don't think it will define their season - the finish will.

The next 6 games are a brutal stretch. Just brutal. NE twice, @SF, @Arizona, @Hou and the Titans as the lone "easy" game. If the Bills can manage 2 wins I'd think they still have a decent shot at the playoffs. They'd be 4-5 heading into an extremely light schedule. I could see them finishing 10-6 even if they were 4-5 at that point. If they can manage to split these next 6 games I'd be ecstatic.

They were "playing with a chip on their shoulder" this week! They lost. It can't go on forever, they are still good, but they have some serious weaknesses too. I can't stand the attitude of Bills fans that are scared of the Pats because it makes me think the team is thinking the same way, Eff that team! The Bills are trying to maximize their own potential, regardless of the opponent.

THIS

The Bills have come far enough along that they ought to be into the game thinking they can beat the Pats, regardless of whether CJ or Fred play. I'm not sure they are there yet, but this will be a huge test of how far they have come. It's the way the Pats were playing the Bills in 2000 or 2001, when the relative strengths of the teams were turning. The Bills had beat up on them for a decade, and the long dominance of the Pats over them had not begun. Smart money would say the Bills had their number. Well, that has to stop sometime. Someone's going to give the Pats three straight losses soon; why not us?

One Sports commentator I overheard asked it something happened to Fitz's throwing hand when he signed that 59 million dollar contract last year.

Yeah its kinda like weve been living under some authoritarian dictator for decades and were always scared of the Pats, I was just reminded here, that we were kicking their butts the last game of the season 21-0 and then KA PLUNK! Further fuel for the Bills insecurities, but EFF them its our turn, even with injured RB, Bills find a way this weak. Bills 27 Pats 24 Bills run them into ground w/Choice and whoever FJ or White. Positive manifestation.....

I'm with you. The Patsies have been in decline for the last couple of years and the Bills have been improving. We beat them last year and we'll beat them this year. They are not invincible. They are not any more special. They don't deserve to win any more than anyone else and I am sick of the media following Brady around and holding his d**k.

The Bills are nauseous of all the Patriots hype as well. They will go into this game on fire and come out with a feeling of satisfaction. Time to make a statement. To make the victory even sweeter will be watching San Fran beat the Jets and leaving the Bills all alone at the top of the division.

As for the Fitz prognosticators.....he'll be fine. He just hasn't found his groove yet. But it's coming, boys. It's coming.

I'm with you. The Patsies have been in decline for the last couple of years and the Bills have been improving. We beat them last year and we'll beat them this year. They are not invincible. They are not any more special. They don't deserve to win any more than anyone else and I am sick of the media following Brady around and holding his d**k.

The Bills are nauseous of all the Patriots hype as well. They will go into this game on fire and come out with a feeling of satisfaction. Time to make a statement. To make the victory even sweeter will be watching San Fran beat the Jets and leaving the Bills all alone at the top of the division.

As for the Fitz prognosticators.....he'll be fine. He just hasn't found his groove yet. But it's coming, boys. It's coming.

Preach.

Problem is: we're not going up against the Pats* front 5. We're going against their front 8. They'll be running those ridiculous 3 TE sets ALL DAY against us...

That's why the defense will be rushing right up the gut and right into Marsha's comfort zone.

I agree they are going to test our LB's. HIt the recievers at the line to gain that extra second and watch Darius and Mario break through. Several great plays last night where Brady had no real options and took a hit. Quick off the line put the Oline back to the pocket and crushed him.

If we give him too many slants and middles he could dissect us with a quick release so we need speed up front. We have it, just need to keep the pedal down, unlike the middle of the Cleveland game. Only listening on the radio broadcast but could hear it in the crowd and in the 3 and outs for almost 2 quarters. They will need 4Q of full throttle.

Fitz I think knows what he is, and with this Oline he has the time to think, process, and execute. If he can manage the game like he has been I see a win!

Jets suck Go Bills!!!!