There's a rift in Carolina

Brand J

In all of his experience he still has the biggest rookie breakdowns, even freshman in High School break downs. Watching the home opener it was pathetic the way he just locked on to WR's, the mistakes he made - I do not see him getting those better now if he hasn't yet. Sure, he will mature, but it will not be what people think. I wish him success, but here in Carolina people are doubting him and wondering if he is really going to the answer.

Really? No chance to correct these problems, according to you and the football savvy citizens of....Carolina??

Edited by Mr. WEO

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? No chance to correct these problems, according to you and the football savvy citizens of....Carolina??

Not never, but I don't see that changing over the course of just one season. I think I like the Panthers, it's hard to like for them but it is fun to cheer them. It goes back to the Reich/Metzelars/Beebe/Polian times.

Cam Newton needs a coach who can get him the good QB coach. He has impressed me. I was worried he'd try to take off and run more then he has. He will get better, but in my opinion I also think he will get worse. To explain that better - he is going to get some good yards, look really good but he will not improve his errors.

I'm telling you, Charlotte may not be New York or Miami, but they won't take his crap for long. People here loved Delhome for a long time and still appreciate him. Newton has done nothing to endear the area but win. And that is not going to be enough. I think he ends up cracking if things don't change.

I think he was worried Newton might hit back.

No. What is coming out in the Charlotte/Carolina media is that Cam is just a big baby about things. He is not accustomed to struggling, he cannot handle the learning curve and when it is time to buckle up he folds. He tries to be the leader, he's a paper leader and the teammates are not sure what to do...

Lets review the timeline...

1 - Prior to the 2011 draft, there were plenty of people here who loudly proclaimed Newton to be a bust prior to him ever setting foot on an NFL field.

2 - Newton has a GREAT rookie year, and those same critics were nowhere to be found.

3 - Newton gets off to a slow start in 2012, and the same critics come back proclaiming "See i told you he was a bust!!".

:lol:

JayBaller and VinceC are entitled to their opinions about Fitz. He's not the most physically gifted QB and he will likely be replaced in a year or two. But I would take Fitz over Cam Newton's fragile ego. The haters overlook the number of times Fitz has led the Bills from behind or got them to OT. FItz is a leader. He's a guy you want to follow, not Cammy Boo-Boo pouting on the bench.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

So this is turning into another Fitz thread?

Look. Newton had plenty of doubters and documented character issues before becoming a pro.

On several occasions, his teammates have had to lecture him about how to present himself in public.

Now it sounds like the Bills would have drafted him had he slid to them and I'm just glad that it didn't come to that.

JayBaller and VinceC are entitled to their opinions about Fitz. He's not the most physically gifted QB and he will likely be replaced in a year or two. But I would take Fitz over Cam Newton's fragile ego. The haters overlook the number of times Fitz has led the Bills from behind or got them to OT. FItz is a leader. He's a guy you want to follow, not Cammy Boo-Boo pouting on the bench.

PTR

This year is all that matters. Fitz to Newton are a lot alike. We cannot help but factor last year and say we do not know what to expect from Fitz and that Newton is going to be great. But, the last 3 weeks (ok, well, since the 2nd qtr of NJ Jets) we have seen that last year means nothing.

Newton will recover from this tailspin and Fitz will be Fitz - whether we know that or not.