Bills lead league in NFL touchdowns

GoBills!

My point was just to show something positive at the end of the season you don't hear people sayin well brees set his record against sub .500 teams and in blowout games...its the NFL they all mean the same at the end...

I thought instead of blowing up on how bad our offense sucks I show a high point..The pats have only 5 TDs and have played titians and cardinals...hell the titans only have 2 tds total ! Im just glad we are able to find points in the redzone and complete our drives...

I'll go back in my bubble and believe we do have high points on this team how dare I not be negative... :wallbash:

You are right. Fitz is struggling to complete a high percentage of passes. And despite those struggles, the Bills are leading the league in TDs.

I'd rather have our problems than the problems of teams struggling to find the endzone

It only been 2 games, and one was a blowout loss.

Are TDs scored by running worth half? Then who cares how we keep drives going?

PTR

I don't care if they can keep winning, but they are on a winning streak of one.

Just to give some arguement about the Bills offense, they are leading the league in touchdowns with 9 only baltimore has 8 the next the rest are at 7 or less..Also currently ranked 3rd in total points for..

If our D can lock it down like they did last week they will be joining some nice company if you lead in those categories...everyone says its a pass happy offense first league..Well as long as we are scoring touchdowns like we have there shouldnt be any offense complaints...

Go Bills !!!

Ps I know its early but its a interessting find and I thought I would share...

I knew this was going to happen...First, the TD's we got week 1 were gimme's. The game was a blow out, the D was playing soft, and backups came in. So once again, Fitz gets his stats padded in garbage time and people want to point to the stats and say things are pretty good rather than watch the games and know that when the game mattered he was terrible. He was not very good against KC either, assuming you watched the game and didnt just look up the stat line. He was late on his reads, inaccurate even on his completed passes, missed wide open recievers, and made bad decisions. The Chandler TD was a nice throw, the SJ TD had nothing, and I mean nothing, to do with Fitz. No kidding, Moorman makes that pass 10 out of 10 times. SJ was all alone without a defender within 15 yards of him and was like 10 yards away from Fitz.

I don't care what the stats say, Fitz has yet to look good and you can keep your garbage time TD's and lofty stats...I prefer someone with meaningful stats who wins football games. Thank you CJ for being on this team, otherwise our season would have been in jeopardy when Fred went down because there is no way we can win consistently with Fitz being the focus of this offense.

I don't know, none of that is that surprising. pats* had oline trouble in the preseason, rodgers has gone up against very good defenses, peyton has been out of the nfl forever, brees is missing his HC and has team that has gotten more negative press than any team has gotten in awhile.... stafford is a bit surprising. usually his only problem is staying healthy, and there is defiently something else wrong with him this year.

Lets not forget Stafford played one of those very same elite defenses Rodgers lost to...the 49ers, and yet he had them in the game still at the end. Staffords first week was a bit of a head scratcher as it was the Rams, but week 2 was to be expected playing the Niners who have one of the best defenses I have seen since the Ravens the year they won the Super Bowl.

Speaking of the Niners, man what a job Harbaugh has done there. I honestly thought last year was going to end up being a fluke and they were gonna struggle this year as I thought no way Alex Smith does that again...I will eat crow on that, they look like the best team in football with the nastiest defense in 10 years and a QB who plays very very smart and calm and a RB in Gore who is proving he is not done yet. My hats off to Harbaugh, he has made a monster difference there since he took over and I think they have to be the favorites to win the SB so far given how strong they were last year and how much better they seem to be this year already.

Leading the league in TDs is great but is anyone scared of the Bills WRs? I mean they have to have the least impressive group of WRs in the entire NFL. thank g_d for CJ Spiller. HE's a RB-WR combined. Gotta take some of the pressure off that guy. He's gonna get banged up.

We do not have the worst wide receivers at all. Just off the top of my head, the phins, browns,rams, and probably the jests have worse receivers than us.

But I to believe we need an upgrade at wr and qb

My point was just to show something positive at the end of the season you don't hear people sayin well brees set his record against sub .500 teams and in blowout games...its the NFL they all mean the same at the end...

I thought instead of blowing up on how bad our offense sucks I show a high point..The pats have only 5 TDs and have played titians and cardinals...hell the titans only have 2 tds total ! Im just glad we are able to find points in the redzone and complete our drives...

I'll go back in my bubble and believe we do have high points on this team how dare I not be negative... :wallbash:

If a thread is about anything but bashing Fitz, rest assured it will eventually end up as as one as well.

How about stressed-out fans? We must lead the league in that!

:)

Yep.

Talk about dividing a fan base. We are either on the edge of something pretty good or terrible.

Makes the forum more lively I checked out a chiefs forum earlier this week and they are very tame compared to this board

The stats relate directly to Fitz, and are misleading. I am hopeful, and have supported Fitz in the past, but so far he is the weak link.

As bad as Fitz is, I think he is the best qb we have had since bledsoe. Now that isnt saying much, but I think that is the reason why so many fans cling to him. I say the bills really need to spend at least a third rounder on a qb and see what happens. I know qbs taken outside round one tend not to do well, but it can't be that hard to find a qb that is at least 10% better than Fitz. Even a small improvement at qb will make a difference

But we still suck, right?

PTR

Best sucky team ever.

Stats are stupid. we know what we saw last week. We looked the part.

We got the only stat that matters a Dubbya.

We game planned well we adjusted well and we played well.

Now lets get back to cheering us on for the Browns.

Even Fitz . He is the guy so just accept and get on the bus Gus

Just to give some arguement about the Bills offense, they are leading the league in touchdowns with 9 only baltimore has 8 the next the rest are at 7 or less..Also currently ranked 3rd in total points for..

If our D can lock it down like they did last week they will be joining some nice company if you lead in those categories...everyone says its a pass happy offense first league..Well as long as we are scoring touchdowns like we have there shouldnt be any offense complaints...

Go Bills !!!

Ps I know its early but its a interessting find and I thought I would share...

A lot of this was done in Garbage time against the Jets and against what looks to be one of the worst teams in the entire NFL. Let's see what we do against NE. Cleveland should be a W as well.

I don't care what the stats say, everyone that watched the games can sense that Fitz is struggling, and that they are running the ball to keep him from ruining the drives. Passing has become a last resort, and though some here think that's great, he needs to get some consistency or the Bills are going nowhere.

OR maybe the game plan dictated that they run more against KC. Maybe they would have run more against Jets if they wouldn't have fallen behind and Defense would have made some stops. Maybe just maybe they planned on running more. I was completely pissed when Fitz ruined those drives by pulling the ball down and running for first downs. He's an idiot for doing that and what a crappy decision maker. Those last resort passes to Chandler and Stevie for TD's were purely a product of a clock being right twice a day. This guy Fitz is a complete jerk for embracing the Buffalo community, being accountable for himself and his play, having the respect of his teammates and busting his butt to win every week. I think we should all turn on this jerk of a neighbor, good father, husband, leader and football player. He's ridiculous. I totally can't stand him throwing for almost 4000 yds with broken ribs and never making an excuse last year. I thought it was just swell when we would have a 300 yd. passing game every 12 or 13 games. This guy Fitz is an idiot. He stinks. We need to all turn on him and waste our time complaining about him. Who needs guys like this on our team. We definitely should have drafted RG3 or Andrew Luck with a draft pick we didn't have. OR maybe we should have given up a couple of number 1's for a veteran guy like Carson Palmer. These scenarios really are plausible and make sense. I am very thankful that there are posters that have inside knowledge of what Coach Gailey is thinking and that he has told Fitz he is inadequate as a leader of men and as a QB. Thus they have decided to turn to that long lost , deceptive art of running the ball b/c we have nothing better than a department store mannequin as QB. Thanks for setting me straight so now I know what it means to be a real fan. I am grateful.

Must be watching something else they mentioned him as league leading rusher, 7 YPC on par with Jim Brown, and league leading since week 15 of last season of total yards above bush, and rice....

Just because espn says something positive, it doesn't count toward any stats. It is just them stating the obvious. In all honesty, what they say doesn't count for anything really with the discussion at hand.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

Cj DID something that hasn't happened since Jim Brown! There's no short-circuiting that. We have Bulls on both lines and are strong down the middle of the field- O & D. Fitzgerald is seemingly the weakest spot of that Middle which history has proven time and again are what great teams possess.

Yes, it's very early. But folks, we're right in the thick of it and it's what we've been praying for.

Gaudy stats indeed!

I don't care what the stats say, everyone that watched the games can sense that Fitz is struggling, and that they are running the ball to keep him from ruining the drives. Passing has become a last resort, and though some here think that's great, he needs to get some consistency or the Bills are going nowhere.

Yeah because at this rate Fitz will end up the season with only 40 touchdown passes, Spiller will have 24 TD's and over 2300 yards rushing.

So....this trend needs to change or we are going nowhere?

Just because espn says something positive, it doesn't count toward any stats. It is just them stating the obvious. In all honesty, what they say doesn't count for anything really with the discussion at hand.

Well we bash ESPN when they gives us no credit and when they do it doesn't mean much..got it...

not saying you personally but the forum as a whole...you cant deny what spiller has done isn't great and no matter what team putting up those rushing yards any day in the NFL is something to be proud of...

We shall see PTR. I don't believe they will be able to continue to win only throwing the ball 19 times a game. They are going to get into situations where they will need to score quickly. They have only beaten the Chiefs! The Jets kicked them around...

We have seen Fitz throw a lot to stay in games last year. He even won some of them. If Spiller is going to rip long runs, and leave short fields, it's not going to take a lot of throws. Now, GIVE ME PLAY ACTION!!!

It's a misleading stat. The TD's scored against the Jets came against a team that altered the game plan because they were crushing us. Same thing goes for Fitz leading the league… He hasn't looked good.

It looks nice on paper, but I have concerns when it comes to the passing game.

Fitz IS struggling. But i dont think they keep the ball away from him just because. Hell they let him throw and throw and throw last year till the cows came home. We bitched all summer about pass happy Gailey. i think we are doing the tighten up as we speak.

Now whatevr your feelings might be

Never say the Bills are going nowhere

OR maybe the game plan dictated that they run more against KC. Maybe they would have run more against Jets if they wouldn't have fallen behind and Defense would have made some stops. Maybe just maybe they planned on running more. I was completely pissed when Fitz ruined those drives by pulling the ball down and running for first downs. He's an idiot for doing that and what a crappy decision maker. Those last resort passes to Chandler and Stevie for TD's were purely a product of a clock being right twice a day. This guy Fitz is a complete jerk for embracing the Buffalo community, being accountable for himself and his play, having the respect of his teammates and busting his butt to win every week. I think we should all turn on this jerk of a neighbor, good father, husband, leader and football player. He's ridiculous. I totally can't stand him throwing for almost 4000 yds with broken ribs and never making an excuse last year. I thought it was just swell when we would have a 300 yd. passing game every 12 or 13 games. This guy Fitz is an idiot. He stinks. We need to all turn on him and waste our time complaining about him. Who needs guys like this on our team. We definitely should have drafted RG3 or Andrew Luck with a draft pick we didn't have. OR maybe we should have given up a couple of number 1's for a veteran guy like Carson Palmer. These scenarios really are plausible and make sense. I am very thankful that there are posters that have inside knowledge of what Coach Gailey is thinking and that he has told Fitz he is inadequate as a leader of men and as a QB. Thus they have decided to turn to that long lost , deceptive art of running the ball b/c we have nothing better than a department store mannequin as QB. Thanks for setting me straight so now I know what it means to be a real fan. I am grateful.

Although I rarely post I so enjoyed this that I had to comment - this is perhaps the greatest post I've ever read on this board.... thank you very much for posting it... Awesome

What are you talking about? Unload on someone else...

Well we bash ESPN when they gives us no credit and when they do it doesn't mean much..got it...

I dunno. Usually when we bash espn, it isn't so much of them giving us credit. They give us a lot of credit. We usually bash espn because they talk more about bounties, Tebow, manning, and other stuff than they do about the bills. And bringing up espn talking about the bills and interviewing cj doesn't really do anything to the discussion on what the stats mean, and how they can be misleading, and they can also show promise. Espn mentioning the Jim brown record, and throwing in how many yards cj ran, and asking him who the best rb in the afc east is just didn't fit.

I guess I see what you are saying, that people bash espn, and here they are giving us coverage. Just seed random in this thread I guess.

Go bills!

Yeah because at this rate Fitz will end up the season with only 40 touchdown passes, Spiller will have 24 TD's and over 2300 yards rushing.

So....this trend needs to change or we are going nowhere?

So, talking about trends, that would put us at 8-8 on the season. Not many teams find the playoffs at 8-8. While were at it, the Bills have given up the 4th most amount of points in the league. Do you really feel that our Defense is reflective of the 4th most amount of points in the league?

Point Proven...the "stat" means ZERO. I would rather be middle of the pack on TD's and be 2-0 with 2 convincing wins. Getting blown out with garbage time TD's means nothing.

Fitz is also 27th in the league in completion percentages at 54.9%. That has to change, he is missing easy throws.

The Polyanna side of this stat: If he gets back to some level of competency, just think how good our offense will be . . . we might lead the league in scoring TDs, maybe we could be the best in the Red Zone, and to cap it off, if we can start running the ball, we might lead the league in that too! Oh, wait ????

Go figure? ... as Mark Twain said, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Well, so far the stats say a lot of good things, hopefully the realities will align with those stats soon.

I do think the offense has potential, but clearly Fitz has to play better.

• 3 weeks later...

You needed to be set straight.

This post really pissed me off.

You forgot the horrendous won / loss record and failure to throw the long ball, but I'm with ya. I want him gone immediately too.