Shame on Bills Fans

XXL Franchize

Living in New England I don't get to Ralph Wilson stadium often but made the trip for opening day. I always have a great experience and love being with my fellow die hard Bills fans. I had an amazing time at the game and loved every second of the beating we handed the Chiefs. But there was one thing that upset me....... In the first quarter Fitz missed an open man on an out route. It was a definite miss and it was a drive stopper as it was on third down. Then Boo's came from the crowd. It really pissed me off. I thought as Bills fans we were better than that. It was the beginning of the game and it ended up being a game that CJ spiller went OFF for the second week in a row. I understand Fitz may not look like he has polished up the way we expected with the off season. But he's still our quarterback. We don't sign the contracts and we aren't on the practice field. Fitzy is our quarterback and we owe him our support. As Bills fans I thought we ride and die together. Booing your own team feels like a Jets thing....Not a Bills thing....Fitz is a hard worker and deserves the support of the fans. When a Bills player is on the sideline and frustrated it's our job in the stadium to pick them up not put them down....... GO BILLS!!!!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booing is a personal choice and when you buy your license to sit at the game, it's your right to boo to your heart's content. Given his performance in week one, Fitz couldn't have been surprised at the reaction his attempt to a wide open Chandler brought from the crowd.

Those boos turned to cheers when he hit Chandler with the TD pass. Fans are fickle that way.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Maybe the Bills fans are fed up with a back up quarterback as their starter? How else do you tell management you have had enough, or are you saying Fitz played a good game yesterday?

This is how a lot of us feel. To the OP everyone loves the bills on this site of course, Fitz however looks pretty lost out there.

Maybe the Bills fans are fed up with a back up quarterback as their starter? How else do you tell management you have had enough, or are you saying Fitz played a good game yesterday?

He definitely missed some throws but he didn't turn the ball over. He didn't have a great game or anything but my point is that fans should be extended teammates...we all want the same thing. A teammate that kicks another teammate while he's down is just a bad teammate.

Fitz, coming off a terrible 3 INT performance where his accuracy was a major issue, one hops a wide open Chandler on 3rd down on the first possession. I won't lie, I threw my hands up in the air and joined in on the boos. I can't be a blind fan boy supporter who will never criticize the team I love. I've spent too much money and invested too much time over the years to just sit by anymore and just be happy there's a football game. At some point, we as a fanbase deserve better, and at the time, that throw from Fitz looked like a harbinger of what was to come. The outcome ended up being different, but i'll not say the boos weren't deserved.

He definitely missed some throws but he didn't turn the ball over. He didn't have a great game or anything but my point is that fans should be extended teammates...we all want the same thing. A teammate that kicks another teammate while he's down is just a bad teammate.

Disagree, Were fans, and buying a product. The product has sucked for a very long time.

When you get a bad meal, etc. Do you go pat the cook on the back and say better luck next time. Especially if you're paying a lot of bucks for that sub-standard meal, etc.

Not apologizing for Fitz but coming into tonight's game, he had the fourth highest Total QBR for the week (88.3). Might not have looked or felt like it, but it's true. Do the boo-birds want Thigpen? Careful what you wish for.

Disagree, Were fans, and buying a product. The product has sucked for a very long time.

When you get a bad meal, etc. Do you go pat the cook on the back and say better luck next time. Especially if you're paying a lot of bucks for that sub-standard meal, etc.

go to a different restaurant.

I understand Fitz may not look like he has polished up the way we expected with the off season. But he's still our quarterback.

Fitz has taken a couple steps backwards in this off-season. Did you watch the Jets game last week? He sucked - flat out sucked.

When his first throw this week landed 3 yards from the receiver's feet, I thought "oh crap, not another game like last week..."

How else do fans express that they are pissed off at a poor performance?

Thankfully, the Bills ran the ball a lot, and the Chiefs are so bad, they could not pull it out.

Bills fans have tolerated a lousy product for a long time. They need to express their feelings! Boo as you see fit.

Way, way wrong. Get over yourself. Fans are not teammates. Teammates on a professional team are coworkers. They get paid. Fans are not the coworkers of the players. We are customers. We pay the team to entertain us. Fitzpatrick throwing wounded ducks into the grass isn't very entertaining and the fans have every right to complain about a bad product.

Living in New England I don't get to Ralph Wilson stadium often but made the trip for opening day. I always have a great experience and love being with my fellow die hard Bills fans. I had an amazing time at the game and loved every second of the beating we handed the Chiefs. But there was one thing that upset me....... In the first quarter Fitz missed an open man on an out route. It was a definite miss and it was a drive stopper as it was on third down. Then Boo's came from the crowd. It really pissed me off. I thought as Bills fans we were better than that. It was the beginning of the game and it ended up being a game that CJ spiller went OFF for the second week in a row. I understand Fitz may not look like he has polished up the way we expected with the off season. But he's still our quarterback. We don't sign the contracts and we aren't on the practice field. Fitzy is our quarterback and we owe him our support. As Bills fans I thought we ride and die together. Booing your own team feels like a Jets thing....Not a Bills thing....Fitz is a hard worker and deserves the support of the fans. When a Bills player is on the sideline and frustrated it's our job in the stadium to pick them up not put them down....... GO BILLS!!!!!!

Youy have obviously not watched Fitz's last 10 games or so with us....

The boos were justified. A high schooler should have been able to make that throw. Now overall he had a decent game because he didn't turn the ball over, but his play MUST improve, otherwise they need to find a new QB.

If it was only that easy. But your right don't apologize for a back up making bank, and still stinking up the joint. That first pass wasn't his only head shaker. Stats are over rated.

Who are you booing? Fitz because he's not trying or doesn't care? Gailey because he continues to play him? Nix for giving him the big contract? Whose behavior are you trying to modify exactly by booing? All of the above? I'm seriously curious.