Cordy Glenn getting his propers from Peter King

Astrojanitor

I would hate to be the DB trying to make a play with Cordy, bearing down on him. Pass the Charmin please!

You mean like how Cassel looked when Sheppard was bearing down on him?

In the fetal position I swore I saw him yell "Mommy!!!" lol

I said it before, we might become one of the best O lines in the AFC before long at all.

We won't be considered the best at anything until we win on a consistent basis against good teams.

God, I can't wait to beat a great team and finally have reason to celebrate for real.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially when you consider all the ....cough..."experts"....cough...like Kiper..... who stated he wasn't and couldn't play LT in the NFL.

or all the parrots on this board who kept stating that Glenn was a right tackle or guard prospect. This BTW was the majority of people who opined on Cordy Glenn.

There were only about 3-4 posters here who tirelessly, inexorably, banged the drum for Glenn… certain that the steady development they witnessed during his final season at Georgia (culminating in the domination of LSU's pair of projected first round speed rushers Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo in the SEC Championship game) made Glenn's immense talent a bit freaking obvious. Pretty much lost all faith in Mike Mayock after this one.

Also, only a very few people insisted that Bruce Irvin would be drafted in the first round. The parrots followed their flock leaders.

In my opinion there are some draft experts that need to come forward and say they were wrong on Cordy Glenn.....especially the way the beat the "this guy wont be a left tackle" drum SO HARD going into the draft

This is you Mike Mayock.....be a man and come forward.

It is great that Glenn got his props in that article....what is missing out of it is this left tackle has been facing the very best DE's in the league in camp.....through preseason....and now into the season and ISNT GIVE UP SACKS....its great that he is a monster against the run but he is an absolute wall of pass protection so far....and you dont do that without having good feet and being very athletic.....I saw high first round pick guys like Jake Long giving up sacks on Sunday.

I honestly think that Fitz is a little shellshocked with the amount of time he is getting in pass protection. He could hold onto that ball a little longer and go a little deeper with what he is getting.

Kota.....he is a force NOW

As some of us stated BEFORE the draft, we would have been fine had the Bills taken Glenn in the first round.

To miraculously get him in the second round approaches divine intervention.

or all the parrots on this board who kept stating that Glenn was a right tackle or guard prospect. This BTW was the majority of people who opined on Cordy Glenn.

There were only about 3-4 posters here who tirelessly, inexorably, banged the drum for Glenn… certain that the steady development they witnessed during his final season at Georgia (culminating in the domination of LSU's pair of projected first round speed rushers Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo in the SEC Championship game) made Glenn's immense talent a bit freaking obvious. Pretty much lost all faith in Mike Mayock after this one.

Also, only a very few people insisted that Bruce Irvin would be drafted in the first round. The parrots followed their flock leaders.

As some of us stated BEFORE the draft, we would have been fine had the Bills taken Glenn in the first round.

To miraculously get him in the second round approaches divine intervention.

well yes it was pretty big deal. But a religous experience? thats pushing it brother.

Now when Cordy Glenn cleaned out some space again for CJ downfield on that run sunday.. well thats really something to behold :beer:

there was a pretty decent split on TSW on whether Glenn was a LT or G. I was banging the LT drum, constantly heard quick feet but he is slow. Doesnt make much sense to me, he showed he was athletic, his power was unquestioned he has versatility. He was a surefire 1st rounder in my book, recently i've been pretty good at judging who will have success in the NFL, still not quite a fan of Gilmore there but if we didnt have Gilmore our secondary would be useless.

Will admit I always thought Newton looked bust-bound lol that looks silly now.

Very happy with Cordy's success, but would love to see how he tests out versus some top pass rushers. It's nice to finally be able to hope someday fitz will throw a nice long ball.

Upcoming battles for him will be Calais Campbell, Justin Smith(i think?), Chandler Jones (on fire for the Pats), the texans terror, and someone for Tenn. who i cant seem to remember.

there was a pretty decent split on TSW on whether Glenn was a LT or G. I was banging the LT drum, constantly heard quick feet but he is slow. Doesnt make much sense to me, he showed he was athletic, his power was unquestioned he has versatility. He was a surefire 1st rounder in my book, recently i've been pretty good at judging who will have success in the NFL, still not quite a fan of Gilmore there but if we didnt have Gilmore our secondary would be useless.

Will admit I always thought Newton looked bust-bound lol that looks silly now.

Very happy with Cordy's success, but would love to see how he tests out versus some top pass rushers. It's nice to finally be able to hope someday fitz will throw a nice long ball.

Upcoming battles for him will be Calais Campbell, Justin Smith(i think?), Chandler Jones (on fire for the Pats), the texans terror, and someone for Tenn. who i cant seem to remember.

However he did just fine against Bryan Orakpo and Jared Allen in the preseason. There was a holding call in one of those games which was just another bad call by a bad official.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

However he did just fine against Bryan Orakpo and Jared Allen in the preseason. There was a holding call in one of those games which was just another bad call by a bad official.

yeah guess he gets half credit but it was the preseason, dont really think Orakpo or Allen trying to hard. Still massive props to the big guy.

Nix was downright indignant when he was asked the question after Glen was drafted. Listen to his interview from the draft coverage archives. I think he starts talking about Glen around 3.45.

http://www.buffalobi...23-4dd852c5d09e

"He'll no, he's a tackle"

if I recall correctly, Nix has said after the draft that they helped spread the Glenn is a guard, not quick enough for LT stuff. Nix always thought highly of Glenn at LT.

if I recall correctly, Nix has said after the draft that they helped spread the Glenn is a guard, not quick enough for LT stuff. Nix always thought highly of Glenn at LT.

I believe that Nix is pretty respected in the scouting community however I absolutely can't see how his pre-draft comments could possibly sway the opinion of other scouts.

If a scout knows and trusts his evaluations and watches the video, how could you believe that Glenn was athletically limited?

Before the draft, I watched two plays on YouTube where Glenn laid out completely horizontally (like a receiver making a diving catch) to pick of outside blitzers. I really can't remember ever seeing an offensive tackle leave his feet like that to intercept an outside pass rush. Now granted some scouts don't like when O-linemen leave their feet but that's not the point. The point is that his athleticism both in a straight line and in close areas was obvious.

I'm baffled and mystified that he lasted till the second round.

Maybe a lot of these scouts aren't really very good at what they do?