Fire David Lee!!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game against the Chiefs Gailey utilized the run game a whole bunch more then he has in the past, keeping the ball in the best offensive players hands. Running the ball with Spiller worked very well Fitz threw for less then 200 yards and 2 TD, Gailey needs to keep this same game plan going the entire year

Since NFL defensive coaches probably won't figure that out either. B-)

I never got booing. Most players know when they are playing bad. Do fans think that when they start booing a player will suddenly wake up and start playing better?

Not sure if that is why they do it, but if it is it surely didn't work with Fitz yesterday. I always thought maybe it was more towards the coaching staff to do something, but in this case what can they do send Pigpen in? Besides, if you are paying that much for a ticket you have as much a right to boo and you do to cheer, as long as you aren't a drunken, rude idiot who cares. Fitz is smart so he knows he sucks, the booing shouldn't tell him anything he doesn't already know.

Not sure if that is why they do it, but if it is it surely didn't work with Fitz yesterday. I always thought maybe it was more towards the coaching staff to do something, but in this case what can they do send Pigpen in? Besides, if you are paying that much for a ticket you have as much a right to boo and you do to cheer, as long as you aren't a drunken, rude idiot who cares. Fitz is smart so he knows he sucks, the booing shouldn't tell him anything he doesn't already know.

Yeah, it's people's right to boo. I just chose not to. How many people could be booed at their jobs? And for as much as Fitz sucks, he still leads the league in tds.

Every QB is going to have both bad and pedestrian games. When your QB is bad, you generally lose, as we did last week. This week Fitz was pedestrian, and we won big. Fitz will have his great games this year, and we'll win most of those. It's how we respond in the games like today that will define us.

Saying Fitz was pedestrian yesterday might be a little too encouraging, he wasn't a whole lot better then against the Jets, he just had a defense that showed up yesterday. Might be the first game I have ever watched on TV where one team was killing the other, yet the announcers were continuously criticizing the QB of the team that was running away with it, and sadly everything they were saying was spot on accurate.

Yeah, it's people's right to boo. I just chose not to. How many people could be booed at their jobs? And for as much as Fitz sucks, he still leads the league in tds.

I agree, but how many other peoples jobs would you pay $50-$150 to watch them perform it and then buy their hats and shirts. Do you pay big money to watch someone at Jiffy Lube do and oil change then on the way out pay $100 plus for Jiffy Lube shirt? If you do then you have every right to boo them also, when they can't get the oil change done correctly everytime you take your car in there.

So David Lee is 'the guy' for this year that the Bills need to FIRE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! to be good.

Got it.

Thanks.

I sure wish they would fire him so Fitz turns into Joe Montana in his prime and we win this Superbowl and get it over with!

You guys. i don't know how a lot of you claim to be fans. The team is improving(at least personnel wise). I guess if we somehow got Luck or RG3 or peyton manning, then you complainers would be bitchin about the D instead this year.

Complainers appear after a win even, with zero turnovers. LOL

Reaching for excuses for Fitz's terrible play aren't we?

No, I am not. I do not think Fitz is very consitent or accurate to begin with. However, I think what David Lee is doing is making him even worse. Fitz is not the QB of the future. We should not waste games experimenting with his mechanics. We should utilize his skills to the best of our ability in the NOW, and start making serious moves this offseason to acquire a quality QB.

No, I am not. I do not think Fitz is very consitent or accurate to begin with. However, I think what David Lee is doing is making him even worse. Fitz is not the QB of the future. We should not waste games experimenting with his mechanics. We should utilize his skills to the best of our ability in the NOW, and start making serious moves this offseason to acquire a quality QB.

I agree with this. It's obvious to me that Fitz's preoccupation with mechanics has affected his passes at times. And I'm not sure David Lee or anyone can correct his biggest flaw which is that long wind-up of his.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with this. It's obvious to me that Fitz's preoccupation with mechanics has affected his passes at times. And I'm not sure David Lee or anyone can correct his biggest flaw which is that long wind-up of his.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with this. Hard to argue that Fitz has gotten better under Lee.

Fitx should know how to throw the ball a long time ago. He is 29 yrs old !!

There you go! Everyone blaming it on Fitz's mechanics which may be partly correct, but listen to the announcers, he makes bad decisions after bad decisions, what does that have to do with mechanics? Everyone is obsessed with blaming his mechanics, not sure what was wrong with his mechanics. His problems have always been accuracy, bad decisions and arm strength. Mechanics might help with the accuracy part, probably not, but it certainly won't help in with the other two weaknesses. Edited by BuffBill

GO BILLS!!!

I would argue more footwork than the wind up. Most qbs have some sort of windup. Besides Marino

I would argue more footwork than the wind up. Most qbs have some sort of windup. Besides Marino

Not like Fitz they don't. Especially on long balls. He drops that thing down to his hip before winding up. And he also has a tendency to over-stride which shortens him a few inches and makes it easier to bat down balls.

Anyway, we can just agree to disagree on what's easier to fix. I'm sure he's been preoccupied with his footwork as it relates to timing as well.

GO BILLS!!!

I think his QB rating was like a 120.0 or something. I think you're basing your entire post on the one missed throw to Chandler, but oh well...misery needs company.

Oh yeah, he scrambled for 30yds or so and picked up some first downs.

You obviously did not watch the game. Everyone of his throws were tentative. He only threw short passes and missed almost half of them, some badly. The ones that he completed were not very impressive or accurate. The touchdown to Chandler was the only good throw (got to get lucky sometimes). I like Fitz a lot. He is a great heart but I recognize that he is really not playing well right now. I hope he turns it around. It appears to be mostly mental right now. He will never be a great qb but with his mind right, I think he can be average. I hope he comes back.