Pessimists, lets here it

Fitz better get better. He's a game manager but still. Some of his throws were terrible.

While I'm glad Chan finally relied on the running game, he still has little clue about play action. On our possession following CJ's second TD run, Chan NEEDED to come out with at LEAST one play fake. Nothing. A straight three and out. And his call on the end around to Dickerson was as boneheaded as it comes.

That's all I got. But I'm an optimist.

GO BILLS!!!

True. The entire second quarter I was thinking that it would be awesome to do a play action and throw it deep. I haven't seen Fitz throw deep yet and it would have been a perfect opportunity to do it today.

M. Williams was doubled every play. It opened up things for KW, MD, and even Shep. He also had that clutch fumble recovery

He was even tripled on one play.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fitz is a below average nfl qb and likely always will be. the receiving corps is pretty weak and undisciplined. we shouldn't need the wildcat and it's not gonna win us many games. most importantly, that was abad kc team today.

on the bright side the o line looks much better than last year. if they can stay healthy they might be really good. the secondary took a quantum leap up from week one. the d line looked like i thought they would before the season started.

I thought our pass D was damn good today. They were poor in the last 6 minutes, but thats because we put backups in at DE, DT and LB.

If their OC had a clue he would have attacked the Bills secondary more. The Chiefs were making plays through the air.

PTR

Fitz did not pass well. Stevie and Fitz were not always in sync. Too much reliance on Spiller will cause him to get too beat up and that will backfire after a few weeks. I hope Fred comes back and can play at least at an 80% level to take some of the pressure off. Choice had a few good runs, but he is not the answer. Nobody is getting negative about the linebackers yet. Usually they are identified as a weak link. I think they did ok. Cornerbacks are still a liability, but they are young and it looks as though they are getting better.

I am not a pessimist, I had high hopes for the season...however, I am very pessimistic about Fitz, and he did nothing to change that today. He made some awful throws, in fact more bad throws than good. The SJ TD was a throw Moorman could make 10 out of 10, so doesnt impress me that he can make a 10 yard throw to a WR who is completely uncovered because those plays happen a few time in a whole season. He is simply late on his reads, behind his WR's and looks completely out of sync.

I hope he figures it out, and maybe the easy TD and the nice throw he made to Chandler on that TD will help boost some momentum and confidence cuz he's gonna need it if this team wants to make the playoffs.

Spiller (as I have been saying forever now) is the real deal. I got flamed when in the "Is Fred a top 5 back" thread when I said Fred may not even be the best RB on this team anymore (as much as do love FJ). And Spiller is proving its his time and deserves to be featured with FJ getting plenty of touches in support when he gets back.

As much as I dislike Fitz as a long term starter here, if he can just game manage while we pound the rock and let the D hold the opponents, we have a chance. The biggest difference this week was not Spiller, as he went off last week too...it was the lack of turnovers. Turnovers wear your D out and demoralize your team...if Fitz can control the ball and not turn it over, then we can live with his inconsistency and still be a tough team to beat.

Edited by Alphadawg7

It is still early in the season, but KC may be on the march to the first pick. So how can you judge a team when they play against the Chiefs?

Then, add in how many bad throws Cassel had and the game would have been a lot closer. Funny how fans see the bad throws and missed opportunities by their QB, but you tend ignore those of the other guy. It really helps the defense look good.

And I can say that without being pessimistic.

Edited by Greybeard

Pessimistic:

CJ SPILLERS STRONG PLAY GIVES FITZ ANOTHER WEEK AT STARTING QB.

THE SECONDARY IS STILL TERRIBLE

FITZPATRICKS FIRST THROW TO CHANDLER ON 3RD AND SHORT.

Unless this is the Baltimore Ravens defense, the Bills are going nowhere with Edwards/Losman 2.0. Amazing to think that Fitz is Edwards and Losman combined in one!

I must also add that I have know Idea why the hell Chan called 3 passing plays to start the 3rd quarter and only kill 49 seconds off the clock. Then on the next set of play call he starts with a wildcat that loses 15 yards or so. Maybe I know nothing about Footballbut I thought they would come out running 3 times and killing 3-4 minutes off the clock.

Edited by curitiba

Despite the win, Fitz didn't do much to inspire confidence. Not screwing up is not the same as playing well. If he can't figure out how to successfully stretch the field (though the WRs deserve their fair share of the blame) there is no way this team can compete with teams like the 49ers or Pats.

Optimism:

Think we can now officially declare Spiller the real deal. Freddie has essentially been out the last 8 games, Spiller has brought it in each and every one.

The most pessimistic thing to say is that they beat the Chief's who may only win 3 or 4 games this year. I'm still on target for the 10-6 prediction I made on the "Win a free dinner" thread that was started over the summer. I had the Bills losing last week, winning this week and next and losing in week four....I'd really like that free dinner.