Will the Chiefs seek revenge against Stevie Johnson?

BuffBill

The Chiefs, in particular Eric Berry have come out publicly and accused Stevie Johnson of intentionally trying (and succeeding) to hurt Berry in the season opener last year. Any chance they are out for revenge, and if so, I think it might be easier to get away with, with these replacement refs on the field.

The Chiefs, in particular Eric Berry have come out publicly and accused Stevie Johnson of intentionally trying (and succeeding) to hurt Berry in the season opener last year. Any chance they are out for revenge, and if so, I think it might be easier to get away with, with these replacement refs on the field.

What do you mean by "get away with it". Cheap shots are generally policed by the league and the offender receives a fine or suspension. Refs have little ability to do anything beyond assess a 15 year penalty.

As for the accusations, I'm sure there were some emotional comments made a year ago but has anyone on the Chiefs mentioned it lately?

Edited by KD in CT

What do you mean by "get away with it". Cheap shots are generally policed by the league and the offender receives a fine or suspension. Refs have little ability to do anything beyond assess a 15 year penalty.

As for the accusations, I'm sure there were some emotional comments made a year ago but has anyone on the Chiefs mentioned it lately?

When I said "get away with it" I meant without a penalty being called. To answer your other questions, yes, I just read it yesterday where Eric Berry said something with regards to it, which is what got me thinking to start this topic. Just yesterday, Romeo Crennel was asked 4 or 5 times in a press conference about this issue, Stevie himself spoke of it yesterday, it is one of the hot topics in K.C. right now. Edited by BuffBill

ABSOLUTELY YES......berry has been chirping since it happened......i dare say there will be a bounty...err incentive.....errr money on the board.....errr reward.....errr money on the floor.....

Motivation comes from a lot of places for athletes. I think the fact we won that game is enough for them.

But truth be told, if they want to bring the big hits its about time we stepped up and started swinging back.

I watched the game and the replays. This Johnson hit was piddly poo in the NFL.

Now Austin Howards' hands inside Marios nostrils is something worth Official review.

Edited by 3rdand12