Cutler

Kaz

Do you realize that Cutler got sacked 7 times last night? He also got hit an additional 12 times. He has one of the worst offensive lines in all of football. Also if you were watching the game you'd know that Brandon Marshall dropped a surefire touchdown.. and that it was just one of several drops from his receivers.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's got a million dollar arm and a 10 cent head. He needs to learn to STF up during the week. It's never a good idea to suggest that the upcoming opponent keep playing certain coverages against you and "good luck" in defending your receivers.

GO BILLS!!!

Funny...when he got knocked out to that playoff game two years ago, the rap on him was "he doesn't care enough", he seems "blase", yadda, yadda yadda....so, last night, he chews out his linemen, and the same talking heads who were crucifying him before are yacking about his "attitude" and "lack of leadership". If that was Peyton Manning, Brady, or a half dozen other guys, they would be extolling his virtues as a "leader of men". He is not at the level of Manning, Brady, Brees, etc, but anyone who thinks he isn't significantly better than Ryan Fitzpatrick is really not living in the real world, or is just a true homer.

Cutler threw a bad pick last night, in what was desperation time, during a game where he was getting the crap kicked out of him. Nobody has ever seen this happen before from one of the elites?

Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees wouldn't (and haven't) scream at a player and shove him out of the way like Cutler did. You aren't a good leader because you scream at someone out of frustration. And, even if they did , those guys all have Super Bowl rings and tons of personal achievements to back up their bark. What does Cutler have?

I guess I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how or why Cutler is head and shoulders better than Fitz. Aside from ESPN hype and perception and how far he can throw a football.

Edited by Kaz

Do you realize that Cutler got sacked 7 times last night? He also got hit an additional 12 times. He has one of the worst offensive lines in all of football. Also if you were watching the game you'd know that Brandon Marshall dropped a surefire touchdown.. and that it was just one of several drops from his receivers.

There is a double standard for other QBs. We make excuses for guys like Cutler. I don't recall anyone cutting Bills QBs slack.

PTR

Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees wouldn't (and haven't) scream at a player and shove him out of the way like Cutler did.

While Rodgers didn't make contact, he sure as hell let James Jones know what he thought about his route running. That being said Cutler comes off like a major doosh.

How many times was fitz sacked or pressured PTR? How many INT's did he throw with a perfect pocket? as they say on Monday Night Countdown COME ON MAN!

Did you watch the bears game last night? Excuses a plenty are warranted for Cutler. Dooooooshy maybe, I would be pissed also if i got sacked on every down.

So now every bad game a QB has is some twisted way to "remind us" that Fitzpatrick is really not that bad?

What tortured logic. Here's the difference: Cutler has led his team to the playoffs. He has the tools to actually play QB in this league. Sometimes, the mental part of the game escapes him, though, which is why he will never be in the very top tier of QBs.

Fitzpatrick has accomplished exactly zero in this league, and he has below average physical tools.

There is a difference.

How many times was fitz sacked or pressured PTR? How many INT's did he throw with a perfect pocket? as they say on Monday Night Countdown COME ON MAN!

Did you watch the bears game last night? Excuses a plenty are warranted for Cutler. Dooooooshy maybe, I would be pissed also if i got sacked on every down.

Boo-frickin'-hoo.

Okay, it's fine to have that opinion. And maybe I don't disagree. But what facts are you basing this statement on? Other than perception, how has Cutler placed himself miles beyond anyone?

The best single statistical measure for evaluating QB performance is yards per pass attempt. (For the same reason that yards per rushing attempt is the best single measurement of a RB's effectiveness.)

Over his career, Cutler has averaged 7.3 yards per attempt. That's a very solid measurement, and puts him in borderline franchise territory. In 2010 Fitz averaged 6.8 yards per attempt; and he averaged 6.7 yards per attempt in 2011. Fitz's overall career average is 6.3 yards per attempt.

At least baesd on Sunday's game, the Bears have one of the worst OLs, and one of the worst receiving corps, of any team in the league. If the Bills were to trade for Cutler, he would only have one of those two problems.

Funny...when he got knocked out to that playoff game two years ago, the rap on him was "he doesn't care enough", he seems "blase", yadda, yadda yadda....so, last night, he chews out his linemen, and the same talking heads who were crucifying him before are yacking about his "attitude" and "lack of leadership". If that was Peyton Manning, Brady, or a half dozen other guys, they would be extolling his virtues as a "leader of men". He is not at the level of Manning, Brady, Brees, etc, but anyone who thinks he isn't significantly better than Ryan Fitzpatrick is really not living in the real world, or is just a true homer.

Bingo.

I guess that Jim Kelly always had a big attitude problem, didn't he? :rolleyes:

There is a double standard for other QBs. We make excuses for guys like Cutler. I don't recall anyone cutting Bills QBs slack.

PTR

Cutler was sacked the 5th most in the league last year, Fitzpatrick was sacked 32nd most. Cutler threw 7 INTs, Fitz threw 23.

In his first game, Fitz was sacked 0 times, hit 5 times. 18/32, 195 yds, 3 TD, 3 INT.

In his first game, Cutler was sacked 2 times, hit 3 times. 21/35, 333 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT.

Boo-frickin'-hoo.

No one cuts the bills any slack because Fitz throws interceptions without being pressured. Which one of his INTs last week were a result of pressure, and which ones were a result of bad throws and decisions?

Edited by Billsrhody

Cutler was sacked the 5th most in the league last year, Fitzpatrick was sacked 32nd most.

In his first game, Fitz was sacked 0 times, hit 5 times. 18/32, 195 yds, 3 TD, 3 INT.

In his first game, Cutler was sacked 2 times, hit 3 times. 21/35, 333 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT.

No one cuts the bills any slack because Fitz throws interceptions without being pressured. Which one of his INTs last week were a result of pressure, and which ones were a result of bad throws and decisions?

lets not use that logic......geeeeeez...........good point

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I love it. You spent every waking second this week crushing Fitz and now you are making every excuse in the world for Cutler. You're right. No other QB has faced pressure. Not Big Ben, not Rogders, not Brees. I never could stand Cutler. He somehow has become one of the most overrated QBs because he has a good arm. He's had one winning season since college. And I'd love to know what his teammates really think of him. He reeks of douche and I can't stand his double chin.

Most overrated player in the league and an awful leader. Yelling at people and throwing the ball at the ground doesn't make you a leader.

Better than a 18-35-1 career as a starter, or 71:68 TD-to-INT ratio... (Fitzpatrick's stats)

And that has led to a whopping 1 more playoff win. And the investment in Cutler was far more pricier than the one in Fitz (multiple 1st round picks).

Edited by C.Biscuit97

I do think that Cutler's a very good quarterback, playing behind possible the worst offensive line in the league.

It's hard to make plays when you're throwing off your back foot every play. When it's a linebacker getting through that's one thing, but when you're getting beat by a four-man rush it's another.

I bet if you gave him time like most of the elite quarterbacks get, he'd be up there.

I love it. You spent every waking second this week crushing Fitz and now you are making every excuse in the world for Cutler. You're right. No other QB has faced pressure. Not Big Ben, not Rogders, not Brees. I never could stand Cutler. He somehow has become one of the most overrated QBs because he has a good arm. He's had one winning season since college. And I'd love to know what his teammates really think of him. He reeks of douche and I can't stand his double chin.

Most overrated player in the league and an awful leader. Yelling at people and throwing the ball at the ground doesn't make you a leader.

And that has led to a whopping 1 more playoff win. And the investment in Cutler was far more pricier than the one in Fitz (multiple 1st round picks).

Well that is just like your opinion Man. I can't argue with you, if you read the whole post you can see all of the logical reasons I am defending Cutler. Don't like his personality cool. The guy can play some foooseball. Trade him for Fitz and Buffalo is perenial playoff team as we actually do give the qb time to make decisions.

I do think that Cutler's a very good quarterback, playing behind possible the worst offensive line in the league.

It's hard to make plays when you're throwing off your back foot every play. When it's a linebacker getting through that's one thing, but when you're getting beat by a four-man rush it's another.

I bet if you gave him time like most of the elite quarterbacks get, he'd be up there.

He threw off his back foot when there is no pressure. QBs can make an oline look worse than they are, see Rob Johnson. Cutler ever. And I'd love to have their receiving core over the Bills right now. They have monsters that you can just throw the ball up too.

I just think it's amazing that people try to make Cutler into some type of great QB. He comes across a stuck up d bag who thinks he's better than everyone. He's not a leader and for a guy who went to Vandy, he's not that bright.

Using Cutler's game against the Colts to illustrate how much better he is than Fitz actually hurts that argument. Hmm. Jets D, Indy D. Jets D, Indy D. One of those is not like the other.

Better to just say Fitz is not as gifted a passer as Cutler. That's rather obvious. Amassing good numbers against the Colts doesn't do anything to bolster that fact.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9