Cutler

Kaz

11/27, TD, 4 INT

"We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it's the same-old Jay. We don't need luck; Jay will throw us the ball." --Charles Woodson, after last night's game

Cutler was the 11th overall pick in the 2006 draft. The Bears traded Orton, two first-rounders and a third-round pick to get Cutler.

I don't know what my ultimate point is, but I think some members of this board need a reminder from time to time that Fitz isn't the only QB in the league who has shortcomings. Cutler's bio is a lot shinier than Fitz's, but, are the results any different?

Only a select few clubs are set at the quarterback position. The rest of them are just trying to get by.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11/27, TD, 4 INT

"We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it's the same-old Jay. We don't need luck; Jay will throw us the ball." --Charles Woodson, after last night's game

Cutler was the 11th overall pick in the 2006 draft. The Bears traded Orton, two first-rounders and a third-round pick to get Cutler.

I don't know what my ultimate point is, but I think some members of this board need a reminder from time to time that Fitz isn't the only QB in the league who has shortcomings. Cutler's bio is a lot shinier than Fitz's, but, are the results any different?

Only a select few clubs are set at the quarterback position. The rest of them are just trying to get by.

Your last point is spot on. There are about 5-7 clubs who are set at QB, 5-7 clubs who hope they are set at QB and will soon be able to prove it, and the rest have ups-and-downs.

Cutler is a very good QB. I think he’s very much one of those second tier guys. He’s not Rogers or Peyton or Brady or Brees, but he is still in that upper half of franchise QB’s. Last night was a stinker for sure, but he will get it on track and win games for the Bears.

As much as I like and believe in Fitz, the jury is still out. I think he needs to produce a greater body of work before we can grant the same kind of mulligan.

i agree to disagree with most of you on Cutler......Did you see his offensive line work? They were beyond terrible, its hard to judge a guy who has .02 secs to throw the ball.

Give Cutler some time and he will dissect a defense much like the other greats do. The bears OL has ruined the past 3 years of his somewhat promising career IMO.

i agree to disagree with most of you on Cutler......Did you see his offensive line work? They were beyond terrible, its hard to judge a guy who has .02 secs to throw the ball.

Give Cutler some time and he will dissect a defense much like the other greats do. The bears OL has ruined the past 3 years of his somewhat promising career IMO.

I think Cutler has an amazing physical skill set, namely a big-time arm (so did Jeff George, by the way). But, between the ears is where he's off the track. Agree his line has been bad. But, for instance, the pick he threw late in the first half was not a result of pass rush, but just an awful decision. He makes a lot of awful decisions (both on the field and on the sidelines). Woodson's postgame comment alluding to Cutler's reputation isn't a throw-away.

agree to a degree with ya.....cutlers always thrown his fair share of INT's but put the man in N.E. and he probably mirrors brady's numbers to a degree......if he has time he's a stud.

i totally understand why people might not be his biggest fan though...........im just a bitter cutler fantasy owner who forgot how bad his line was, thought they would fix it after Martz left.

As sad as his performance was, he is still better than Fitz by a mile.

Okay, it's fine to have that opinion. And maybe I don't disagree. But what facts are you basing this statement on? Other than perception, how has Cutler placed himself miles beyond anyone?

Okay, it's fine to have that opinion. And maybe I don't disagree. But what facts are you basing this statement on? Other than perception, how has Cutler placed himself miles beyond anyone?

He hasn't. The obvious reason behind that thought is his big arm. But he doesn't measure up with his decision making at times. He'll throw balls into coverage. I also question his leadership at times. I will say in his defense, his line can be very bad.

Of course Cutler will get the blame as usual, but from what I saw last night the guy was out there all alone. The Bears OL was horrible -- they would've needed Jersey barriers to slow down Matthews and the rest of the Packer pass rushers. The WRs dropped passes all over the field (including a TD for Marshall). On Woodson's pick, the WR just stood there and let Woodson come from ten years back to cut in front of him for the INT.

The Bills should offer Fitz and a 2d for Cutler and hope someone in the Bears front office panics.

agree to a degree with ya.....cutlers always thrown his fair share of INT's but put the man in N.E. and he probably mirrors brady's numbers to a degree......if he has time he's a stud.

i totally understand why people might not be his biggest fan though...........im just a bitter cutler fantasy owner who forgot how bad his line was, thought they would fix it after Martz left.

Wow, you really love Cutler, don't you!? To say that the only thing keeping Cutler from immortality is a quality O-Line is a bit far fetched. Cutler has the same mentality that gets weaker armed QBs (like Fitz) in trouble. He's a gambler, and because his arm is so strong he thinks he can make every throw, regardless of coverage and circumstances. Thus the bloated INT numbers. Yes, yes, the line play in Chicago is troublesome, but that doesn't account for all the blemishes.

Love Cutlers arm, but he is cocky and arrogant!

He seems to be seconds away from a meltdown at any time.

Although I wish Bills would have drafted him that year, I think I like Fitz's mindset a little better. (just not his arm)

I hate to say this but I think I would rather have Fitz (ouch, tough call)

Cutler showed his true colors last night. Not the INT, but his crybaby antics. He did much the same thing a few years ago when he was playing for Denver and they were losing to the Bills. I remember thinking "What a crybaby this guy is." He hasn't changed or matured a bit. I don't want him as our QB, but I am not sold on Fitz either. The answer is someone else. Hopefully we find that someone.

Love Cutlers arm, but he is cocky and arrogant!

He seems to be seconds away from a meltdown at any time.

Although I wish Bills would have drafted him that year, I think I like Fitz's mindset a little better. (just not his arm)

I hate to say this but I think I would rather have Fitz (ouch, tough call)

This is a BOLD statement sir....

fine you guys are right Cutlers all hype, he is terrible......it might be condusive to watch the game and see how he had no shot of anything due to OL play.

Can't disagree more.......

Cutler showed his true colors last night. Not the INT, but his crybaby antics. He did much the same thing a few years ago when he was playing for Denver and they were losing to the Bills. I remember thinking "What a crybaby this guy is." He hasn't changed or matured a bit. I don't want him as our QB, but I am not sold on Fitz either. The answer is someone else. Hopefully we find that someone.

Funny...when he got knocked out to that playoff game two years ago, the rap on him was "he doesn't care enough", he seems "blase", yadda, yadda yadda....so, last night, he chews out his linemen, and the same talking heads who were crucifying him before are yacking about his "attitude" and "lack of leadership". If that was Peyton Manning, Brady, or a half dozen other guys, they would be extolling his virtues as a "leader of men". He is not at the level of Manning, Brady, Brees, etc, but anyone who thinks he isn't significantly better than Ryan Fitzpatrick is really not living in the real world, or is just a true homer.

Cutler threw a bad pick last night, in what was desperation time, during a game where he was getting the crap kicked out of him. Nobody has ever seen this happen before from one of the elites?

[/size]

This is a BOLD statement sir....

fine you guys are right Cutlers all hype, he is terrible......it might be condusive to watch the game and see how he had no shot of anything due to OL play.

Can't disagree more.......

I don't think anyone is basing Cutler's career off last night's game. [Even though folks 'round these parts LOVE to do that to our own players **cough cough, Mario, cough, cough**, but that's besides the point.]

Cutler has a history of making ill-advised throws. Consistently poor judgment is a pretty big flaw for a QB. That doesn't mean he is terrible. It doesn't mean he isn't a good NFL quarterback that can make some big plays and win games. What it does mean is that Cutler is in the same boat as most every other QB in the league not named Brady, Brees, Manning or Rodgers.