Anyone here work at Verizon Wireles that has any pull?

stevestojan

My new every 2 is up on 10/22/2012. I have a family plan with 3 lines (the 10/22/12 is by far the closest update). Been a VZW customer for years.

I called and asked if there's any way they could move that upgrade date to tomorrow (for obvious reasons) and was told that's impossible.

Anyone here work for VZW that could look into this for me? I know the standard CSRs probably can't do much.

(Mods: I know there is an iPhone 5 thread just below this, but my question is specifically about my plan and I didn't want it getting buried as I ask for help, nor did I want it in consumer forum where it would never be read. I apologize if this is wrong, just looking for help)

Thanks all!

My new every 2 is up on 10/22/2012. I have a family plan with 3 lines (the 10/22/12 is by far the closest update). Been a VZW customer for years.

I called and asked if there's any way they could move that upgrade date to tomorrow (for obvious reasons) and was told that's impossible.

Anyone here work for VZW that could look into this for me? I know the standard CSRs probably can't do much.

(Mods: I know there is an iPhone 5 thread just below this, but my question is specifically about my plan and I didn't want it getting buried as I ask for help, nor did I want it in consumer forum where it would never be read. I apologize if this is wrong, just looking for help)

Thanks all!

Why wouldn't you just wait 39 or so days?

Why wouldn't you just wait 39 or so days?

Oh I definitely will if i can't get it for the upgrade price, but I'm a tech nerd and love Apple stuff. Outside of Bills football and good craft beer, its about my third hobby if you will. Just seeing what's out there. No big deal if not!

Oh I definitely will if i can't get it for the upgrade price, but I'm a tech nerd and love Apple stuff. Outside of Bills football and good craft beer, its about my third hobby if you will. Just seeing what's out there. No big deal if not!

then you should know the 39 days is a gift. wait for everyone else to figure out all the issues with the first run and get the "fixed" models. :thumbsup:

then you should know the 39 days is a gift. wait for everyone else to figure out all the issues with the first run and get the "fixed" models. :thumbsup:

This is a good point. The one thing I'm concerned about is the 4G battery life. In fact, it's the reason I switched BACK to the 4S from the Galaxy Nexus.

You can call and ask for the executive number office. Or google it, I used to have it. I know it is a 212 area code, you get the receptionist who forwards you to an office lady (there are only a few) who gets your name, number, and issue. A regional manager calls you within 24 business days. I have used it twice, it's the "nuclear" option with them. You deal with regional directors instead of dealing with call center employees who are more or less contract know-littles (no offense because they are still great and can do a lot if you just approach them right).

I do not know if it is worth it, though. Wait the time, let the issues come out. I only once bought a phone brand new and after lots of anticipation and research. This was the flop of the Bionic. Probably still one of the greatest phones but Verizon threw it under the bus for the piece of sh~t Razzr. (for those that do not know, the Bionic was a long awaited 6 month delay, first gen dual core phone that they did not promote, did not support and 3 weeks later they dropped the Razzr over 2 months ahead of time).

Doubt you could do it even with connections. I wanted to upgrade from a dumbphone (with no data package) that was giving me issues to a smartphone and add data 1 month before my upgrade and they wouldn't budge. They turned down the fact that I wanted to give them more money...and I know the dumbphone subsidy was more than paid for at that point.

call and say you want to speak with a level 2 supervisor, tell them that you will either go with at&t for the new iphone or stick with vzw if they will play ball

Thanks all!

Holy hell...he may as well just wait the 39 days.... :nana:

You can call and ask for the executive number office. Or google it, I used to have it. I know it is a 212 area code, you get the receptionist who forwards you to an office lady (there are only a few) who gets your name, number, and issue. A regional manager calls you within 24 business days. I have used it twice, it's the "nuclear" option with them. You deal with regional directors instead of dealing with call center employees who are more or less contract know-littles (no offense because they are still great and can do a lot if you just approach them right).

I do not know if it is worth it, though. Wait the time, let the issues come out. I only once bought a phone brand new and after lots of anticipation and research. This was the flop of the Bionic. Probably still one of the greatest phones but Verizon threw it under the bus for the piece of sh~t Razzr. (for those that do not know, the Bionic was a long awaited 6 month delay, first gen dual core phone that they did not promote, did not support and 3 weeks later they dropped the Razzr over 2 months ahead of time).

Sorry to the true tech nerds. I meant I like gadgets, I don't need to be able to customize them or tear them apart. Yes, I'm an apple sheep.

I hear you! No harm. I own Apples too... Keeps the marriage going and less headaches. Apples are like females and cars... Just turn the key and drive... Don't worry what is under the hood. I am not knocking it, everything has its merits... But it does dumb society down and products like these do make people lose a bit of their natural cognitive ability to problem solve (like those Apple Genius ads during the Olympics wanted to show). I suppose they said the same thing when the compass was first invented...

Thanks all!

Get whoever buys your corporate access from Verizon to make the call. I would thoink you lizard loving folks spend a good bit with Verizon everyyear. Sure it will do no good..but thats about the only lever i can see.

BTW, ate at District Litchen on Calvert and Connecticut last night...god awful place for dinner!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

Says the "tech blogger" who still thinks you can't use a two button mouse on a mac. Yeah, like your opinion on anything regarding Apple is worth a pint of piss.

Sorry someone pissed in your Cheerios this morning "webmaster." :D

I'm pretty sure the answer to this question is "yes" because nobody could possibly be getting this pissy over this topic :lol:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuFMnee2eXKd4SgdIRUnnLTo_e6UqgJ-VRNw3Cae5f0KbHQIA2_84vzGZZ