derek hagan vs. r. martin

finhater

Get over it. Knee jerk reactions to any player the Bills have cut. They are average guys, they will have some success, some failings.

When JAGs that you cut are better than the guys you kept, an introspection is in order. Nobody is crying over the Danny Batten cut.

Yeah, he's looked positively divine catching two hook routes and dropping one over the middle.

yeah he has three catches up to this point tonight and martin had zero for the game so i still think he would have been of some use but oh well its over we let him go

just my opinion which is worth nada

When JAGs that you cut are better than the guys you kept, an introspection is in order. Nobody is crying over the Danny Batten cut.

I liked Hagan, but I don't know that he is any better than Donald Jones would be with the Raiders (as opposed to the Bills). If a guy goes on to a really productive career, I suppose it's worth a B word or two, but after one game? he hasn't even played that well. It's just petty lashing out.

They may not be crying over Danny Batten, but just about any other guy that has ever been cut/replaced they are. The Bills had a collection of mediocre WR's and chose between them.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

Can someone make their own website called, "exbillsfever.com" or something, so the infatuation can happen elsewhere?

I swear to God there are people on here with voodoo dolls of ex-Bills and newspaper clippings stapled on the walls of a dimly lit room.

Holy Christ, let these guys go, men.

• 1 month later...

I don't understand his position on this team, and after his recent blunder I'm willing to discuss it.

This is what I know:

He was scouted by Nix back in 2004.

He has been cut by 4 other teams.

He is allegedly a special teams ace.

He is allegedly worthy of a roster spot over the likes of Aiken, Roosevelt, and Hagan.

I have never liked Ruvell Martin. With regard to John Potter....prior to today's game, Buffalo was 15th in the NFL in touchback percentage at 52.17%. This is a vast improvement over last year (24.05%), but is John Potter really worth a roster spot?

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/kickoff-touchback-pct

I have never liked Ruvell Martin. With regard to John Potter....prior to today's game, Buffalo was 15th in the NFL in touchback percentage at 52.17%. This is a vast improvement over last year (24.05%), but is John Potter really worth a roster spot?

http://www.teamranki...f-touchback-pct

Especially when he clearly doesn't have Gailey's trust to try the 50+ yarder. Is he seriously just on the team to force touchbacks?

I don't understand his position on this team, and after his recent blunder I'm willing to discuss it.

This is what I know:

He is allegedly worthy of a roster spot over the likes of Aiken, Roosevelt, and Hagan.

You're being more than a little harsh in characterizing it as a "blunder"--- he went all out to keep the ball from crossing the line. If he didn't, it would've bounced into the endzone anyhow. It was a difficult play, and his outstretched leg barely scraped the line.

There was no blunder, he just couldn't get to the ball and keep it in play without touching the endzone. See it happen quite often during games.

This is what I know: