Things to do in Buffalo

tito1

Heading to the game and staying at the Adams Mark this weekend for the game.

I am not from Buffalo so I was hoping some people could suggest some things for me to do on Saturday. I like to drink, watch sports, check out cool bars/clubs, walk around mall (my wife will be with me), stuff like that. Any specific part of town or places to recommend? I was going to try anchor bar, I saw man vs food was there haha.

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not from Buffalo so I was hoping some people could suggest some things for me to do on Saturday. I like to drink, watch sports, check out cool bars/clubs, walk around mall (my wife will be with me), stuff like that. Any specific part of town or places to recommend? I was going to try anchor bar, I saw man vs food was there haha.

Thanks

Adams Mark is about the worst hotel to be at to do stuff in the city. About the only decent tavern within walking distance is Pearl St Brewery. Take a cab up to Chippawa or Allen streets to find the nightlife. There is supposed to be a new comedy club opening on Mississippi St.

PTR

Thanks

Albright Knox Art Gallery. Probably best to hit it Sunday afternoon...

Awesome, my first time in buffalo I stayed in orchard park an spent a lot of time looking for downtown. This time I wanted to stay right downtown in the heart of buffalo, get the full experience! I'm 30 and love to drink beer with friends

Appreciate the suggestions, finding a good place to eat is definitely on my list

If you're into museums definitely check out Burchfield Penney across the street, then head to the Blue Monk down Elmwood.

Anchor Bar is good, Duffs may be better but i guess its a matter of opinion. Lots of good food in Buffalo. If you want to drink Chipewa St is always fun or Elmwood if your looking for something more low key

No, no, no! I was in Buffalo about a week and a half ago and by far the best wings I've ever had in Buffalo are @ BARBILL in East Aurora. i got 10 med and a decent beef on weck. Unreal how good they were.

Check out the liberty hound...waterfront bar within walking distance to the Adams Mark. Also try out the Pan Am Grill an Brewery or Mike A's Steakhouse in the Hotel lafayette also within walking distance to your hotel.

Check out the liberty hound...waterfront bar within walking distance to the Adams Mark. Also try out the Pan Am Grill an Brewery or Mike A's Steakhouse in the Hotel lafayette also within walking distance to your hotel.

:w00t:

This will be going on all day Saturday behind the Art Gallery and is organized by one of the Goo Goo Dolls: http://www.musicisart.org/Festival.html

Catch a cab for some music in the afternoon/early evening, then pub crawl it back down Elmwood starting at Goodbars near Forest and Elmwood (10 minute walk from the festival), then stop next door at Coles (a Buffalo institution with excellent wings too). Blue Monk is about a 10 minute walk south, but there are a couple of nice joints between Coles and Monk. From Monk, another 10 minutes will get you to Faherty's, where a Murphy's is good bet, or Casa di Pizza across the street has a good beer selection and good food. Another 15 minute walk will get you to Allentown. Stop for a beef Kalbi taco and margarita at Cantina loco while you decide if you should go east or west on Allen for the next beer. Hardware Cafe is the best beer selection going west, and Colter Bay is the best going east (on the corner of Allen and Delaware). At this point, you are another 10-15 minute walk to Chippewa, and you are getting closer to home. End the evening walking down pearl to the pearl street brewery, another 10-15 minute walk. Enjoy.

Edited by TPS

I'd stay off of Chippewa. It's really fallen off in the last few years. Go to Allen Street instead. Make a right out of the Anchor Bar on Main, make another right onto Allen Street. Pick a bar, any bar, They are all "dive" bars but they are the best in the City. Have fun. For a "sports" bar you will have to go to the burbs.

I've had wings at Duffs & The Anchor Bar and still think the best wings are at The Buffalo Brewpub on Main St. In Williamsville. They have by far the meatiest & tastiest wings. They also have a large selection of beers and a great sports bar. You won't be disappointed...